Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Christ, and I thought my Luneth was crazy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Finally got Maxwell. I had no trouble killing her, but there is no reasonable way to evoke Diabolos without Rydia or Garnet in your party.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I did an 11 pull because I am weak as a kitten with a credit card. I got 4 Exdeaths, and a rainbow! The rainbow was Agrias. :mad:

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Didn't we get Lightning insanely early to help boost early sales? Getting a full-power Noctis as a promotional tactic doesn't seem too far-fetched.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Kalas posted:

People need to learn to set a static team so their TM farm doesn't pop up like this.

I get a bunch of friend requests from people running Chiz or low-level Cecils with the message "Have Lightning. TM farming right now". They're either lying and hope nobody notices or :eng99:

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

So I just finished off the last bit of story content and I'm actually interested in where it goes now. I admit to skipping most of the story bits for the first couple of islands, but things are definitely going at a less... tropey? stereotypical? I guess less "generic RPG boilerplate" path than I was expecting. It's a nice bonus, especially for a free-to-play game.

Was Brave Frontier's story decent, or even there at all? I never bothered to get past the tutorial.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I think the arena farm is over now. Last thing I got was an ether. Also,

Hardbody posted:

wtb attack pots

Ceerist, I thought my dude was overpowered.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Who would've thought that adding Christmas graphics would DESTROY EVERYTHING

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Fenrir posted:

I want a team of Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Lorde and Baby Spice.

I want this and also a new feature where they can combine into a giant robot called YASS SLAY QUEEN

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Man, I would love to have some visibility on FFBE's player stats. Just going by reddit, there seems to be a pretty decent chunk of new players stemming from the bondage bunny event. It'd be cool to see how much retention they get once those new players get deep into the gacha stuff.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Oh hey I ran into that cho dude today too. Five perfect dodging idiot son Noctii slowly killing off my team with weak AI attacks.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

MohShuvuu posted:

So the Nian daily doesn't register for me. I've killed it three times now.

Are you doing the boss fights or the explorations? The daily goes off the explorations.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

quote:

K – We do not favor Physical Characters over Magic Characters. It all depends on the Boss’s weakness. If you feel that your Magic characters are not strong enough, you can consider upgrading them by feeding Pots, TMs, Equipment etc.

Oh, is that all I had to do? Well gosh, I don't have to save up for a shot at Orlandu at all now! I'll just feed pots to Golbez!

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Whoo, got Leon on my half-price pull. He'll boost my Luneth nicely.

Now to continue saving my lapis and tickets forever.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Servaetes posted:

Any idea where the macros are actually housed for Memu? Having a hell of a time trying ot figure out where the hell it is so I can even fiddle with it.

C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu\scripts

You have to make a macro first for them to show up, but they're the string of numbers .mir files.

E: you figured it out!

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

If there wasn't that super expensive dodge katana, and if I hadn't pulled Noctis in the PC banner, I'd be pretty salty right now. As it stands, I just have a bunch of Soleils to help me get that katana faster and make My Idiot Son Noctis into a dodge god.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

3 Soleils, one unremarkable knight and an Orlando friend met some chocobos and, uh... :stare:

Edit: I bought as many tickets as I could and blew through them all chasing Orlandu. The last one was a rainbow! Second Noctis! Sure! Why not!

Mr. Swoon fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 24, 2017

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I removed a few grossly inactive friends, so if anyone needs a stat-immune Noctis for the raid hit me at 226,372,592

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Kheldarn posted:

There are amlost no Noctis buddies left. And I don't have one to chain with.

Just sent you a friend request. You're about to have one now.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

My Luneth was nice, but you gotta make way for the future. And once I'm done TM farming, mine will be a 100% dodge moody fisherman.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I've been using memu pretty reliably. Sometimes it mistimes a click, but I've found that it doesn't happen if I minimize the window during battle. I think it's the same for nox, but it can automatically recover from a crash if you put the FFBE icon in the middle of the screen.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

My stat-immune, perfect dodge Noctis is finally done! I don't think he can solo Gilgamesh, but he sure is going to be annoying in the arena.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

NinjaDebugger posted:

He can't solo gilgamesh, you're right. If he has a holy weapon while also maintaining those stats, though, he can do the same as mine and Dana's lightnings, and solo once he's gotten past the third milestone.

I just tried Gilgamesh again to test it out, and Noctis was basically invincible after the third phase. My precious baby Noct managed to not only get me the 5 unit reward, but he knocked off Greg with a limit burst too.

Now I just need to feed him more pots. I don't like having less than 700 attack.

E: Freed up some more friend space if anyone's not satisfied with 2 dodgetank friends. 226 372 592

Mr. Swoon fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 4, 2017

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

rio posted:

I thought that if I got Orlandau that would drive me to play again but now I am wondering...do I come back for Luneth? Friends with Luneth kick rear end and I don't have any double attacks since my Zidanes will never be done so I think having him could be good but then there is the whole leveling him up aspect.

As a long-time Luneth-haver, he is a goddamn beast. If I didn't get 2 Noctii from the last 2 banners, mine would still be my primary dude. If you get him kitted out with the right TMs, he can get his attack in the mid-900s. His status resistances are nothing to sneeze at either.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Grinding Fina's Psyche has given me almost enough eggs to make all the gear I want. After mogcakes and shining splendors, I think I can live with burning through content in a day.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Oh hey I got my credit card debt almost cleared out I guess I should drop some lapis because I make poor life choices. I got an Emperor. That's not the worst result, but maaan. It's like getting a 32X for Christmas when you wanted a Playstation.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

The compensation lapis pushed me over 5k so let's waste it all! ...Wait, is that a rainbow? Why hello there Fryevia!

So now that I have a chainer, would you guys rather I set her up as a friend unit or keep my dodgetank Noctis?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I wonder if Gumi will take that as a lesson in effort vs rewards for future events. I also wonder if the sun will grow a mouth.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

God dang that void vessel trick is slick. Considering I don't care about the robe or light resist, that made the fight a cakewalk.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

After a buffing miscalculation, I can safely say that Dana's Lightning is pretty good for soloing the dragon.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

KDdidit posted:

She works solo? What did you mess up?

I had my Noctis use fish and didn't have barfiraga up, so everyone but Lightning died. She's been on autobattle since my last post, and the dragon's at about 1/4 health now.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I hope they have a claw machine full of bediles.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Aight since there's like zero Aileens out there, I'm switching to mine for my friend unit. If anyone needs the dodgy Noctis for a trial, let me know and I'll swap as needed.

For anyone who wants an earth chainer: 226372592

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I put my Noctis back up. He's stat-immune and has 100% dodge. Happy Echidnaing!

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

PaybackJack posted:

Can you make space to add people?

Still have plenty of friend space right now. I think we're already friends there?

For anyone else it's 226 372 592

Ghostnuke posted:

Can he solo?

I don't think anyone can solo her, because of the charm attack. He can still help carry a team, though.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

For the dark espers, I was able to do it with Minfilia constantly buffing against dark, fire and water, and Noctis constantly fishing. With Xon you can steal their buffs, without you can just get someone to use Bushido - Freedom. Getting everyone's HP around 4500 helps too.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Dana Crysalis posted:

See, that was exactly my plan, and yet, Noctis died round one. :(

Yeah, I actually got wiped a couple of times at first too. Until you get the buffs up, you're trapped by RNG.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Holy crow I got a 5* from my free pull! It's a second Marie. Going for 2 rainbow robes isn't a bad thing, right?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

hamburgers in pockets posted:

And is dual wielding the best way to build Fryevia, or just stacking doublehand with her TM? It seems like she gets more bonuses to mag from her one handed traits than you'd get from dual wielding unless you had two Needles.

It depends on what you're using her for. It's hard to perfectly chain her frost flower blitz, but you can still get some good chain damage with dual wield and a friend Fryevia... Or if you got really lucky and have multiple Orlandu-likes. For chain finishing or just a big ol' nuke you're better off using her with doublehand stuff.

Fryevia is fun in that she has more than one perfect build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I hope Gumi learned from the Ifrit raid and nerfs Titan down to our level. Especially since we don't have 6* WoL or Ramza's enhancements.

• Locked thread