Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

To get ready for my Exdeaths and Bartz 6*, I decided to just grind out the rest of the mats from the karma event. I think I used up my luck though because I got back to back runs with 3 metal gods each. I can now not expect that I will not pull a rainbow crystal for some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

This is great. I managed to miss the arena orb fiasco earlier today but I'm just in time to sit down and grind arena thanks to a lapis glitch.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

As of right now, yes it is. Do a fight, get 20 lapis. After 5, claim the 100 from your box and repeat.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Hardbody posted:

wtb attack pots

jfc

Just when I think I'll have some cool TMs and put up impressive numbers I am reminded that I am not a whale.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

5 lapis that will forever make the number odd and will be a constant reminder of how poo poo this event is. The least they could've done is make Lightning give out a bonus.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Daily pull is a rainbow!

Xiao!

gently caress you too game!

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Did a daily and a few ticket pulls because I have no impulse control and want a Lightning to call my own.

No luck, but I did get a Hope and a Fang and another Butz so there is that.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Burned 11 tickets and got a ton of Charlottes and some other assorted 3 stars (including my 7th CoD)

Decided to do my first 11 pull on lapis. First one up is a Rainbow and I get:

And a bunch of Charlottes. I was actually a little disappointed I didn't pull a Cheeze or Merc, but I won't complain too much.

Edit: Seriously, it was like 8 or 9 Charlottes when I already had one from way back.

Ratmtattat fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 16, 2016

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Shadowfyst posted:

Based on this I decided to throw 5000 lapis at my first 11 pull:

Alma
Mercedes
Charlotte
Russell
Call of duty
Chizuru (FINALLY)
NOCTIS!
Luna
NOCTIS!!
Charlotte
Charlotte

That'll do game.

I mean, I pulled a Noctis earlier, but I gotta say I'm jealous of this luck. That's a damned good pull.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I currently have my 612 atk CoD up as my friend unit. Would you guys like that or the 565 Atk Noctis as my friend unit?

I also opened up 8 slots if anybody isn't already my friend. 126,115,597

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Daily pull today was Zidane #4 which is pretty cool

Two tickets because I really really want a Cheez

4* Edge
3* Mustard

At least it's not more Charlottes.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'd prefer the spicy cheez myself

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Dias posted:

I dunno about you guys but I'd pull for Ariana Grande.

I mean, it's so bizarre that I just have to do it. I guess it's no worse than BF getting all those vocaloids.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

It would be pretty neato if at some point if I could get one of the concubines or whatever they're called and give me my 1,000 event currency. At least the event currency is decent this time around so it's not as much of a sting.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I've finally started seeing some Doublicorns on my runs. I think that he should be called 2-maize instead.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm excited for Bondage Bunny. I'm going to follow ya'll's leads here and set her as my friend unit.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I am really enjoying this event. It has a little bit of a challenge with all of the conditions to meet so you can get the cool stuff, it doesn't cost a lot of energy to do, and it leaves plenty of time for TMR farming.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm pretty certain I'm not going to get a single Rabite at this rate. I've run ELT probably 40 times (with energy from Red Packs) an haven't seen a single one. I guess my decent luck in past events has caught up with me and it's my turn to get nothing extra the whole event.

edit: Literally next run is 6 Rabites. I think the game heard me talking poo poo.

Ratmtattat fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 4, 2017

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Karma bit me in the rear end this morning. I saw a post on Reddit yesterday bitching about how there's no confirmation on the "Claim All" button and my thought process was "Just don't press it dumbass"

This morning I went to hit "Refresh" and missed so I ended up with 308 energy. Right before a level up too. Damnit.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Was not expecting the ELT level mobs to be as hard as they were. I'm actually having to play and adjust my team to deal with it. Definitely won't be able to grab everything on the first try like I did on the other levels.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

The spanking new +15% ATK got my Noctic up to 800 ATK now and I am done with this new event. Pretty cool stuff even if the ELT level was a drastic shift up in difficulty.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Vax posted:

Dick measuring time.

Menu -> Guides -> Monsters -> No.1

Don't feel like messing with screenshots, but I've got 67,842.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

My 10+1 is about what you'd expect:

Hope 4*
Maria
Xiao
Bartz
Hope 4*
Freya
Ingus
Celes
Artemios
Vaan
Vanille 4*

At least I didn't get trolled on my 4*s

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Cleared a bunch of inactives today and put up my Nine for some farming. I'll switch back to my 809 Atk Noctis after the event.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I just cannot figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong with Gilgamesh. I have the major elements covered, but the 50% threshold just turns him into a beast that one shots people and eventually I run into a turn where I can't use enough elements and whoops I'm wiped.

Edit: I'm think I just figured it out. I'm pretty certain that the fire element isn't being covered by just having Ifrit on a person. Damnit.

Ratmtattat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 11, 2017

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Finally beat stupid Gilgamesh. Had to craft a water blade for Bartz, then equip him with Kaiser knuckles and a coral sword. Got a lucky run and managed to get everything but no items in. Special thanks to the 1100 atk Olive goon for the damage.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

McSpankWich posted:

Coral sword does nothing as the lightning seal is currently bugged to only trigger on hybrid or magic damage.

Of course Gumi screwed that up. I was still hitting with Noctis' thunder flask so I guess that's why I got through.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Feels good to get a Gilgamesh. I'm lucky enough now to have everyone off of the banner.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

44 pulls and got no Orlandeaux, but I did get some TMs I've been missing so that's good. I'm sure I'll pull more good poo poo in the future.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Guy Farting posted:

47 tickets 2 dailies and a 11 pull and no orlandu :(

Pretty much the same thing here.

I managed to pull 3 Shines though and some other TMs I was missing so I guess it's all ok. I have a Noctis, have the ring of Lucii, I'll get the dodge katana and the Shine TMs and I'll be dodging so much.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

When Agrias gets the 6* upgrade, will having 4 of them be good for chaining? Because that's how many I've pulled during this event. 4 of them. 0 Soleils and 0 rainbows also.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Got a Xon on my daily pull today. Hopefully it turns out to be good.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Running Fire Shrine a bunch of times with my Xon I've been able to get around 8000 eggs for my effort. It's a pain, but at least I'm making some progress.

I also appreciate that the eggs are under the equipment heading so I can hopefully finish up my trophy for that.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

MohShuvuu posted:

are enhancements out yet?

Should be next week after maintenance we'll start seeing the enhancements. That's the info I've seen anyways.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

My problem (other than not having 2 Orlandos) is that I try to read up on the trials and my eyes glaze over at the information dumps on Reddit. I'm sure at some point in the future I'll either figure out something or I'll just wait for the powercreep to make the trial easy.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

13 tickets so far, 4 golds and none are Setzer.

I've given up even seeing another rainbow, but pulling my 7th and 8th Agrias on this banner is pretty demoralizing.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Haha what the hell man. I got another troll Agrias and then my last ticket of the day turns into a rainbow and out pops Olive. I guess I'll start maxing her out.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

This game has trained me well. My daily turned from Gold into a Rainbow and I knew it was going to screw with me.

Out pops Delita

So thankful that I know better than get my hopes up.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I have tried so hard but have failed to get alka Seltzer. I hope you all enjoy your multiple copies of him that the game apparently gives to everybody else except me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Goon friend Seltzer carried me through ICP. Y'shtola, Cecil, CoD, Noctis, Butz, with the friend Seltzer. Didn't realize that double dice would crit when it did so I finished the clown off before I could fire a limit break, and there was no way in hell I was going to slog through 40 turns or something so that I could do the espers. I consider this as done as I'm going to let it be.

• Locked thread