Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Twisted Eye posted:

If you use a friend, you have to wait like 3 or 4 hours before they'll pop up again I'm pretty sure, plus yeah it's a little random

i have used them more frequently than that, i think they pop back up on your list when they log in again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

gold crystal half price :unsmigghh:

rydia. well, it could be worse i guess

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I would assume that Esper Terra can use swords too, and she's supposed to be super busted on top of that

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

Thread is dead tonight, it's almost like this event is rear end and the banner is rear end. Usually we get at least 2-3 Bediled and Shadowned posts, but nobody is pulling from this garbage.

i was just thinking how much everyone must be enjoying the game right now what with the 20 odd posts a day now

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually pulled a third ludmille recently. i would really like a dual wield at some point tho

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the badness of this event has made me too lazy to even clean out my materials to keep running my tm macro.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

how many unit slots do you have, man you get like infinity billion stat pots a week

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TriggerHappy posted:

4* Gaffgarion from the daily, which is fine, I guess?

i got my third agrias from daily. there's definitely worse 4* to get, but i was hoping for snow for the tm and maybe getting some event poo poo.

thread, do i need three agrias? do i need two? how many save the queens do i even need

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well i guess i better keep them all!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am just going to spend all of my lapis and tickets trying for a lightning again. orlandu will come on a daily half price pull, or never. spoilers: it will be never. also the same for lightning

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

m.hache posted:

At least it wasn't Rakshaka.

I can't wait until they bump Bedile to 5* just to gently caress with Rainbow Crystals.

that was my only 5* pull :saddowns:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

By the way, I'm sure the game will get fixed just in time for Cactaur weekend to be over.

cactaur weekend is lined up to perpetually always be against these grinding events, but that wasnt enough punishment for gumi and they had to escalate the situation

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my daily was bedile

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

amaranthine posted:

Gigantuars definitely drop bonus gears, I got ~1200 in a single ELT run with a gigantuar, a sazh, and a friend lightning. I also managed to have two runs with gigantuars out of the ~10 runs that I did today, but I figure that's just cluster luck and not a rate change.

e: also lmao my pulls, 1/2 price + 7 tickets: penelo, fang, fang, lenna, fang, fang, sazh, faris

I uh... I think they want me to use fang

i got five fangs in nine tickets as well

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shark Tower posted:

Christ all you people suddenly pulling 1.5% odds lightnings and Gregs, not to mention multiple Zidanes.

i can post about the 4* clyne i got yesterday, or the bedile the day before, if it makes things easier

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

Everybody's getting good pulls but me. I got Panelowned. Yesterday I got Duaned.

i haven't pulled anything good in forever, other than that agrias i snagged not too long ago but also a third agrias isnt SUPER exciting right now

it just feels like everyone in this thread has a base 5* because we all rush to add their ridiculously strong units :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, not only is embolden unbelievably better than cheer, i mean my dualcast refia has 4k+ health and can heal roughly 3k per turn, plus she has esuna. refia is incomparably better than lenna just from the fact that she has double the health pool, but embolden is no joke either

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have gotten three more ignus lately so i was just wondering does his letter to arms tm stack? i have a bunch of exdeath too so its actually fine if it doesnt but if it does i might want to work on making Mega Exdeath

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cat Pilot posted:

my last minute pull got me Zidane #5

i dont even own a zidane, let alone many zidanes, which would necessitate an entire rack

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

y'all and your multiple 5*s are either mega whales or apk injecting, you can't fool me any longer :colbert:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Evil Fluffy posted:

Chains get their damage bonus which lets them go over the cap. My 7 meteor chain ends up doing 1598 damage on the last hit due to the 60% damage bonus, for example.

chains are actually why i rarely use meteor, its so much harder to chain than it is to throw out a kefka/exdeath/tellah/lmao cod??/cecil team of just tossing thunder around and finishing a fight in about a half a second

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you have a lightning you're not allowed to complain about other peoples pulls, just sayin

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

buy all of the gigantaurs they're outrageously good value for the cost

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

Me. I'm the one with no Zidane. :saddowns:

if i got a zidane i doubt i would feel nearly as bad about never drawing one of the base 5*s, since a dual wield firion would be totally awesome.

as for the dualcast refia thing, that's no joke especially considering she's immune to so many status effects due to one of her passives. in fact due to her being immune to petrify that dual wield golem staff bullshit doesn't even matter. im fairly certain a refia/buttz/cecil arena team is actually meaningfully unkillable when you control your team? provided you have access to your spells that is

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

this is the banner of me spending 250 lapis every day on 5% trust moogles that exclusively work on charlotte!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my cod has no dual wield and only 420ish attack so i switched to my dualcast refia with 4.2k health, i assume SOMEBODY has some use for a refia but if not just let me know and i will switch back

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Rigel posted:

What should I be using these limit burst pots on, generally?

exdeath and cecil both have pretty good limit bursts

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

today was exdeath number six, and i know i do not need exdeath number six so congratulations whatever exdeaths tm is, you just got 5%

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

but i want to keep buying earrings :saddowns:

edit: i got my fourth xiao today, and i would like to farm her tm eventually i am really skeptical that i'll ever need that many. i guess theoretically if i get two dual wield tms and want to make two firions? but i wont ever get one dual wield, so again, skeptical

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

6* firion needs tms fair warning

i got a 4* sazh today, where were you during grinding hell you piece of poo poo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

y'all and your multiple 5*s are either mega whales or apk injecting, you can't fool me any longer :colbert:

:colbert: it's okay goons, we can talk about this, we wont judge you

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont have anything super exciting at the moment but i cleared out some friend list slots so if you want a 4k health dualcast refia bud at the moment: 180,869,786

i am working on my chiz and she will hopefully have some decent attack when i can finish off her tm, or eventually i'll have a wicked agrias i guess? give me a zidane you stupid game

edit: ^ without knowing what units you have or what tms you already have unlocked it's hard to say, but i think i would rather have bracer than save the queen, but i would definitely go for it second

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 23, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i used my daily ticket + the 5 free + the 2 from the bundle and received a bunch of mostly all right stuff. on the noctis banner i now have received hope, vanille, and sazh, none of which i pulled on banner or during the ffxiii event at all. i actually have pulled another fang too but i had a million of those during the event. still missing snow and lightning

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont know about white knight noel but dualcast is ALSO really good on cecil. i think having multiple dualcasts is theoretically good because the amount of units that come out but do not have dualcast is probably going to be larger than zero. how many units will come out like refia that have really good kits but not dualcast? hard to say, but i am willing to bet it also wont be zero.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

Even worse, the fastest way to max Cecil's LB is to start with a 3 star Cecil and max his LB before you awaken him. Otherwise it takes a million more pots.

well it still takes a million pots because his 6* lb max level is like 15. but it was way easier to get 7 levels on him as a 3*. i still dump some pots in to 6* cecil and i think i've gotten him like one and a half levels because the amount of exp it takes now is absurd

edit: ^ with that roster how are you even asking that question. any team you make that is gilgamesh/noctis/refia/literally anything is fine

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

finally, after all of this time, a second one!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for the life of me i cant get a vaan or a miyuki, which is the combo of units i would really enjoy to buff up my chiz.

i've gotten five garnet at this point and other than tillith i have gotten multiple pulls of every good healer including 3+ refia.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I was seeing a pretty dope new years login campaign chock full of lapis and tickets. Can't look at the calendar thing again though.

yeah i was looking for the calendar button the other day because i couldnt remember if i had gotten my login reward and its just gone now because of the event button i guess? rip

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they could put in every loving one of the 101 dalmations as base 5* and it will literally not impact the game in any way for me

my friends list is another story, where i will get to sample all of these new 5* such as benedict cumberbatch and axl rose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i pull for bedile and clyne, anything else is inviting the devastation of expectation

• Locked thread