Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rio
Mar 20, 2008

Any tips for the second trial? The metal gigantuar destroys my team since I can't kill it fast enough, then the bombs are fine but the third battle takes me out since I only have two or three team members still alive from the gigantuar fight. I am guessing I actually need an A+ team and can't rely on just having a strong friend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

rio posted:

Any tips for the second trial? The metal gigantuar destroys my team since I can't kill it fast enough, then the bombs are fine but the third battle takes me out since I only have two or three team members still alive from the gigantuar fight. I am guessing I actually need an A+ team and can't rely on just having a strong friend?

Use a damage item for the gigantuar. He has super low health, so throwing a set-damage item will kill him real quickly.

The wiki has guides for this stuff. https://exviuswiki.com/Surging_Menace

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 10, 2016

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Glad I fought the urge to use the 100 Gigantaurs on a 2nd ExDeath last week and had them all for my Hail Mary Lightning pull

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
Had a poo poo day at work so did an anger pull.

Feeling much better now.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Guy Farting posted:

Had a poo poo day at work so did an anger pull.

Feeling much better now.

Man, I would've felt worse at that golden Shadowning, but then you got a grand prize. :toot: Grats.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

Man, I would've felt worse at that golden Shadowning, but then you got a grand prize. :toot: Grats.

Golden shadow and Cyan (and Vivi). Though the other 10 pulls could be 3 star bediles and it'd still be worth the lapis because of Gilgamesh tbh.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Christ all you people suddenly pulling 1.5% odds lightnings and Gregs, not to mention multiple Zidanes.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Pfft, I had 4 Zidanes BEFORE today. Get on my level, scrubs.

And throw me some base-5*s while you're at it.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Shark Tower posted:

Christ all you people suddenly pulling 1.5% odds lightnings and Gregs, not to mention multiple Zidanes.

Yea, it's REALLY making me want to do an 11 pull. Must... hold... out... for... Orlandu...

If I'm going to get 11x Bediled, it may as well be while going after TG Cid!

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

What do future fist weapons look like? Is Winged Saint the next best thing if something is immune to wind from Kaiser Knuckles?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got a third exdeath today. I'm up to three exdeaths and nine shantotto. I think the game wants me to rain meteoric death on everyone.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Skyridge posted:

What do future fist weapons look like? Is Winged Saint the next best thing if something is immune to wind from Kaiser Knuckles?

It is in fact the best neutral fist weapon. There will be a 47 ATK + 30% Confuse fist weapon and 36 ATK + 2x Normal Hits fist weapon after this, but nothing that is neutral with as high ATK.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Ugh. That plant trial boss. I creamed the two headed dragon easily thanks to Dana, but I'm just not sure how to take this drat thing down before it wears my team down.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

AegisP posted:

It is in fact the best neutral fist weapon. There will be a 47 ATK + 30% Confuse fist weapon and 36 ATK + 2x Normal Hits fist weapon after this, but nothing that is neutral with as high ATK.

The new robot trail boss in JP has a 145 atk knuckle as the first time clear reward that I think is neutral.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Fiss posted:

The new robot trail boss in JP has a 145 atk knuckle as the first time clear reward that I think is neutral.

Yea, you're correct. 145 ATK Knuckle that has Hide Tide. They haven't been updating the reddit equipment/trial list for JP that regularly it seems :(

The Trial also appears to give Knuckle Mastery, which is fitting.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

rio posted:

Don't pull guys, it's a trap. (Decided to pull two more seeing the luck here, got two more fangs making 7/13 pulls today Fangs. She is the new garbage unit for the week I guess)

Cartoon Man posted:

Wife did an 11 pull and got shadowned and Bediled and a few banner characters. Don't fall for it!

Not sure if you guys are serious :lol:
Fang is obviously a rare character as well, just because the character is garbage doesn't mean they aren't rare. (Incidentally, I would loving love more Fangs)
Even if the common character rate was halved, you'd still see them 1 in 4 summons. Getting a bunch if still absolutely going to happen, they're just substantially less prolific than before. :science:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Can a Lightning solo ELT with a carry? Just asking because I pulled Vanille so I can now run a full bonus team (Sazh/Sazh/Fang/Vanille/Light).

I still didn't get the one unit I wanted (Snow).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ApplesandOranges posted:

Can a Lightning solo ELT with a carry? Just asking because I pulled Vanille so I can now run a full bonus team (Sazh/Sazh/Fang/Vanille/Light).

Make sure you're using Siren's Attack Song and try to make sure the carry is good like Lightning. It's possible to do if you can beat the last two guys down to their charging move, that gives you two turns per boss character.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
I actually pulled a lightning (my first rainbow crystal, having played since release), I now suddenly feel like I'm out of things to do and should probably quit while I'm ahead

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ApplesandOranges posted:

Not quite, even using something as awesome as Dana's lightning they can't solo it without support. The biggest hurdle is the first wave, if you can't kill them all in one turn they're going to destroy your weaker team members which means less meat shields for lightning.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

If you use Attack Song and Imperil, you can probably do it with a 650+ Light via Electric Blitz-Electric Blitz-Heat Blitz-Electric Blitz. The important things to remember are to keep the buffs/debuffs up, and to make sure to Dispel the third stage (Myrmidon) if it ever gets a turn.

Honestly, between Embolden and Ravaging Slash, Lightnings can one-round carry everything else - I'll take the two bonus slots lost for packing Refia and Elza (or, in non-Elza-having cases, a Full Breaker).

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

ApplesandOranges posted:

I've been able to run Elite with my 565atk Lightning carrying any other Lightning with >575 atk, along with a snow and 3x Sazh.

Round 1: Lightnings both electric blitz, one turn kill
Round 2: Sazh deprotect, one light crushing blow (mine has a ton of mp), low mp light attacks, one turn kill
Round 3: Sazh deprotect, both lights crushing blow or fire blitz, snow and 2x Sazh attack to chain, one turn kill
Round 4: same as above, should take off more than 50% so he charges, turn 2 repeat for kill.

Gets around 1150 gears per run.

Now of course it's not super easy to get a Lightning up to that level in the first place, and you won't always have friend units available with that kind of firepower, but it's absolutely possible.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 10, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

KataraniSword posted:

Honestly, between Embolden and Ravaging Slash, Lightnings can one-round carry everything else - I'll take the two bonus slots lost for packing Refia and Elza (or, in non-Elza-having cases, a Full Breaker).

Sazh is a full breaker(at 5*80) if you want to spent the 30~ Giant Cacutuars to max him out. :suicide:

So even at my current rate of gears being around 1100 a run the Trust Pot still isn't worth it. That works out to about 28 runs to get enough gears which is 364 NRG, which if spent on grinding my TM team would be ~3.6 for 5 people for a total TM gain of 18%.

Kind of a shame I was hoping with the rate increase it would be more worthwhile to go after it but getting 3.6 on 5 people is just way better than putting 10% into a single guy for me at the moment.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah I'm okay with just running PRO if I have to, since I think my Lightning won't get to 500 ATK (well, I'll find out once I craft the ATK+10%s).

So does Aurora Scarf stack with Twin Lance to allow a Lightning/Luneth to hit 8 times?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

So does Aurora Scarf stack with Twin Lance to allow a Lightning/Luneth to hit 8 times?

Everything I've heard says they don't stack since they're both the same skill from the same source (the source, in this case, being "equipment" in a general sense).

dewer
Sep 2, 2011
FYI, if you emulate you should be able to spin up an amazon VM and get 3 free tickets.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5hjqep/potential_3_tickets_via_amazon/

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dewer posted:

FYI, if you emulate you should be able to spin up an amazon VM and get 3 free tickets.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5hjqep/potential_3_tickets_via_amazon/

To explain, the amazon undergrond version couldn't buy lapis so they're giving 3 summon tickets as compensation. you don't need to have previously used amazon underground to get them. If you aren't already using that version in memu/nox, just make a new instance, install the amazon underground app, then open that app and install FFBE into it. If you're linked to facebook, you should be able to log in and snag the free tickets in your mail.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Daily pull:

Yellow crystal to rainbow crystal!

could this be the fabled...pink hair waifu?????

no.

But it's Delita! Yaaaaaaay!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I wish we could do something to alert people who want to start playing Exvius about the Amazon Underground deal. That basically makes rerolling 4 times easier.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

EDIT: I can read. :downs:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Blowing these 3 free tickets on the Rare banner, let's go!

Gold Tellah(#2)
Gold Luna(#8 or 9)
Blue Freya(#3) I pulled my first one a couple days ago and already pulled a second one today. It's crazy how you can randomly luck into the same unit, multiple times, months after their banner on what should have been a common unit.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 10, 2016

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Blowing these 3 free tickets on the Rare banner, let's go!

Gold Tellah(#2)
Gold Luna(#8 or 9)
Blue Freya(#3) I pulled my first one a couple days ago and already pulled a second one today. It's crazy how you can randomly luck into the same unit, multiple times, months after their banner on what should have been a common unit.

Edge, Zidane, and Rosa. Hmm.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I've been running ELT with my native team of full 6* 100 Exdeath and unleveled Sazh, Fang, Vanille, Snow and have minimal problems with the runs. Since yesterday morning all NRG has gone into ELT and I've had to use 2 phoenix downs and scrubbed one run on the boss. The key is having the unleveled units on Espers with debuffs. Here's my exact strategy:

Exdeath (MAG 567) with Ramuh
Sazh with Golem
Fang with Ifrit
Snow with Diablos
Vanille with Shiva

Friend: Any Lightning with ATK 580+ (if none available I'll grab any Lightning and swap Sazh for Tellah)

Round 1: Snow and Vanille Deshell, Fang Deprotect so each enemy is debuffed, then Exdeath dual cast Thundaga chained to Lightning Electric Blitz
Round 2: Snow Deshell, Fang Deprotect, Vanille Imperil, repeat DPS and Sazh Provoke as insurance if no turn 1 kill
Round 3: Repeat, using Firaga and Heat Blitz. If no turn 1 kill and any deaths, use phoenix down if someone other than Sazh
Round 4: Turn 1: Repeat, back to Thundaga and Electric blitz. Sazh dies from taunting, remaining units usually alive. Turn 2: Vanille Faith on Exdeath, repeat DPS. Turn 3: Repeat DPS.

Getting about 1000 gears per run I will have no problem collecting all the quartz, cactaurs, tickets, and cheap 6* awakening mats. That means I can run Cactaur Dunes the rest of the weekend and then farm the remaining gears this week.

Edit: Aw yeah, just pulled my first Zidane! Looks like I'm farming up that 30k Trust Moogle as well.

Benthalus fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 10, 2016

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Cleared out inactives so I have a few slots open.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Gyoru posted:

"You are already friends"

Then why don't I ever see this glorious monster on my friends list? C'mon game.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Gyoru posted:

Added. Looks like it's time to clear out a few inactives myself.

763,793,980 for a 600+Atk Lightning.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Kicked some pubbies too if any newer goons need more waifus on their list.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Random urge to burn a ticket.

That'll do, game, that'll do. (My first one, I've been chasing him for quite a while.)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shark Tower posted:

i can post about the 4* clyne i got yesterday, or the bedile the day before, if it makes things easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This last rainbow kinda put a damper on me thinking about CHASING THE LIGHTNING, but is there really a better opportunity to burn tickets coming up? Orlandu is tempting but he only gets real good if you get him DW, right?

• Locked thread