Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shoenin posted:

speaking of the TM grind, last patch seems to have busted my Macro, and now the reddit page for it is gone.

or did it move?

this is what i use and it still works fine: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/62x2vg/custom_tm_farming_scripts_for_memu/#label-blue

jetz0r posted:

WoL's 6 star awakening being delayed is really hurting us on full break and tank options right now. Cecil or willhelm are the only real tank choices, taking 5 star units into events that need a tank or full break is just asking for them to be splattered.

Rain is also as fragile as a 5 star unit, plus he randomly decides to take extra damage.

the delay on wol sucks but snow should also be listed as viable with cecil and wilhelm, i actually use snow way more often than i use cecil to be honest. people seem to really hate him but he's invaluable on anything where you need to build lb or esper charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in retrospect melody of life stacking is so obviously good i have no idea why that tm wasnt considered better and i am sad i've fused all but two of my garnets

i guess in the future you'll be able to smash together the minfillia tms but i think they'll still be worse than melody of life (but also free)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont know about Xon improving my power giancryst chances but I've run the black magic vortex one twice today and ive gotten 2 off it.

Jesus christ its like getting 60k fishes for 30nrg

I wish my power giantcryst rate was this good

i wasnt home to set up my macroing so i spent my energy there today and got a tech giancryst :saddowns:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shoenin posted:

Whats a good strat for Wilhelm?

Magic burst him or slowly chip at him with Cid's?

i used a team of olive/snow/ling/yshtola/chiz with a friend freyvia so i had a little bit of mixed damage and could chain a tiny bit. it was sort of slow going and i completely forgot to bring bushido freedom so the dispelling was a bit obnoxious, but snow could solo tank it effortlessly. i did have odin on ling for relatively low stakes fingersnap if snow got stopped on a turn where his provoke would wear off before stop did.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah when i finished my first dual wield i was like uhhhh i guess this goes on chizuru cool???

then my first 5* damage dealer was luneth and :I but then i got gilgamesh yay finally a good reason to have dual wield! and somewhat ironically i am back around to using chizuru because i don't have any 5* chainers.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got three giancrysts in less than 100 energy in the gem vortex today. two tech and a guard! :smith:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i did fifteen pulls on this dumb rear end banner chasing a new coat for olive and my two gold crystals were refia and gaffgarion, and i got six of the aqua sword lately.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have seven agrias and i've been trying to figure out how many save the queen i could realistically ever want

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cry Havoc posted:

thanks

6 x t4 and 3 x t5 for enhanced ramza's song hmm

wonder if we'll even be getting it anytime soon

maybe they're delaying it like with orlandu

i am almost positive at this point we wont see ramza enhancements until they release that other unit that can do what he can do. if we dont end up seeing those wol enhancements until after that 4* aoe tank you can probably just straight up guarantee it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HGH posted:

People recommend Ling and Orlandeau for Atk breaks but I had forgotten Fryevia had a 50% break too. Those extra % make a difference.

if all you need is attack break freyvia is really great, bonus is the ice resist is somehow relevant, but for stuff with mixed damage like titan being able to break both at 45% with one ability is still unmatched

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PaybackJack posted:

Lol, Warrior of Light "this summer". Enough time for people who got Wilhelm to not feel cheated I guess.

Based on this, I guess I'm going to have to wait until Roy has been around for 2 months before they'll enhance Ramza.

i 100% genuinely believe we wont see ramza enhancements until roy has been out for awhile. wol 6* is still one of the best tanks but enhanced ramza is very strong so obviously those of us who have the current one can just keep using him as a doublecast ultima arena unit

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a free 11 pull with a guaranteed free 5* with a shot that its tidus is pretty swell if you ask me

now wheres the loving ramza enhancements gumi

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

How much money do you need to spend for a guaranteed 5*? Not that I'm gonna throw money at this game, I'm just curious.

i mean you could theoretically spend money forever and never get a 5* because of rng.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

The only base 5* units I've ever gotten are Noctis and White Knight Noel. All my other 6* are base 4*.

So anything will prob be nice. Even another Noct.

i think delita is the only truly "bad" 5* pull because he doesn't really actually do anything, although his TM is an extremely good sword so i suppose there's that.

then again for the most part a lot of the 5* mages are just pvp units? it frustrates me that ramza is an only okay to use in the arena but eventually he will have his ridiculous enhancements, the other mages have to wait a long time to be really strong in pve i think.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

actually i take it back i would definitely rather pull delita than lightning

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

:smith:
https://twitter.com/shalymonster/status/875524173375852544

gotta spend that 5k to get the free 5*, totally separate from the free 11 pull

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PaybackJack posted:

Christ the cost of these new exclusive accessories is ridiculous. 35k event currency for the evade accessory. I guess they figured that thing the bonus units are all higher than people would have an easier time to get the currency.

With Maxwell, Seria, Karl, Tilith and a friend Maxwell I'm getting about 2k currency a run. Can a pimped out Maxwell carry the whole thing alone? I'm considering rolling for a 5th unit if he can.

the cost for stuff is ridiculous but also i got lucky with two triple metal god fights already and got 24k from those :shobon:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kheldarn posted:

Threw a ticket at Tilith banner.

Who's the Rainbow?

It's Rem! :shepicide:

doesnt rem have an auto revive? she's pretty dope. also literally any rainbow is good because it's not like there's a pity system in this game or something, its just a rainbow.

PaybackJack posted:

I've had poo poo luck with the metal gods so far. I saw 1 in my very first run when I wasn't running a full bonus team, just trying to hit the missions. Since then I've only seen 1 in 15 runs.

since i have this unquenchable desire to continue throwing tickets in the trash i did ten pulls on this banner and only got a 4* fohlen so i am running exactly two bonus units probably now and forever

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i sort of want to trim some of my units, keeping nine ignus is probably way overkill right? i know some units really shine with four L&A but the odds that i need to get eight total probably are not great

i finally smooshed my ludmillas down to seven since i doubt i will ever need more than five dualcast but also having a few extra will make it go a little faster. probably dont need two wol? definitely dont need eight?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

please do not troll these people into accumulating guard crysts for this alleged wol 6*

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

jetz0r posted:

Sounds like it's time for you to do some TMRing with 5x of the same unit to smush down. You could get your 4 L&A in half the time by smooshing in pairs. And you'll probably never need more than 2 DCs.

WoL just smashes down to 1, his TMR is bad.

that's probably a good idea, i am currently doing that with black cowls. i don't actually know how many of these i will realistically need especially since that easter event hat isnt THAT bad.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so they haven't actually fixed Yda and i genuinely wonder if whatever is causing it is so unbelievably hosed up that they can't figure out how to fix it or they just dont care

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CyberLord XP posted:

Didn't one of the debs say in a video wol 6 wad definitely coming in june?

but did they specify 2017? cant be mad at the devs release schedule if they dont specify year of release

FFBE: I Cleared it No Problem, First Feint Step with Your Ling

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius: EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM 250 LAPIS INTO THE SLOT. ITS BEDILE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, BEDILE

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

once you get an account worth keeping you attach it to a facebook account and thats how you move your account to your phone or whatever other device

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Scrublord Prime posted:

Units won't get you to 100% but whatever the depart extra expenditure is does. Sometimes it's ethers, x-crysts, tents, and brilliant rays (but gently caress spending brilliant rays on that).

I don't know why the bonus expenditure comes up after you hit depart and not before when you can view your units but :thatsgumi:!

The 10+1 w/ guaranteed 5* is the 29th, one week from today. idr when the free 10+1 is but it'd probably be around then too.

ive gotten potions as the material for the expedition something like three separate times. yeah thats fine

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in a desperate bid to maybe finally hopefully get tilith, i spend more tickets. blue->gold->RAINBOW

ramzad again

edit: let it also be known that during those eight pulls i got yet another chizuru, i think thats my eighth or so, bedile and clyne. i am like 99% sure i'd rather have had tillith than that ramza

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 23, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the easiest way to build orbs for anything is to take a dual wield snow and make sure his counters are both enhanced at least once

the best way to dispel your party is with bushido freedom on ling who should be a really low attack unit with survival edge knife, but if she's been dancing for awhile she may clobber your party harder than you'd assume

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ramza will become the #1 godmode support with enhancements and Tilith is arguably the best healer, so while you haven't pulled a top tier damage unit yet, you've pulled top tier healing/support and a ridiculous support.

I'd keep that roll and start building up Lapis for the 10+1 pull in a week with a guaranteed 5* unit (plus the freebie 10+1 we'll get).

If you don't get anything good from those rolls you can consider rerolling at that time, but Ramza+Tilith are two really, really good units.

this is just speculation but BASED ON 6* WOL and also when TG Cid came out, i am basically totally convinced Ramza enhancements wont come out until that 4* bard that can do the same thing comes out so his value as a godmode support is WAAAY lower, especially to a new player where he's hard to build and needs a dualcast to really do damage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ah, i thought one of them was 4*. in that case the timetable is indeterminable, anyways ramza is a very very long view unit. i guess if somebody didnt want to reroll at all a ramza/tillith start would be fine but i'd probably try to find an actual game changing 5* with her.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

since i got that second ramza the other day i am fairly sure my guaranteed 5* is gonna be third ramza.

also i got another gold on half price today which was soleil, i literally can't remember the last on banner gold crystal i've gotten. all of my rainbows have been off banner too which is sort of weird but there have only been six but i dont think ive gotten an on banner gold since i pulled my two kings

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i cant complete the very first vault because i got one of the vault keys bugged out and support doesnt give a poo poo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

wol 6* in june :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

no whammies no whammies no ramza no lightning

i keep getting the same stupid lovely 4* and nothing on banner so i expect i will just not get a rikku for a year or more, and then in a year and a half will have six

• Locked thread