Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So, how exactly do enhancements work once we get them? Is it just a straight gil cost, or do you need items as if you were awakening someone too? And if so, is it just as lovely of a grind for materials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, I was lamenting not getting Tilith or Refia and being stuck with Lenna as my healer, but Krile getting a decent 5* upgrade along with Curaja puts her right back in my party again. Which is fitting, because for a looooong stretch of the game she was my dedicated mage/healer in one

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

These last two banners have actually been nice for 3* character pulls. I've gotten CoD, Exdeath, and Buttz for the first time in my last few pulls and I don't actually feel cheated. :unsmith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So is Vaan going to be the only 6* Full Breaker in the near future? I've got Faris, Ingus and Agrias but only Agrias is leveled up, and it seems like her 6* upgrade is going to be a loooooong way out.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Since we don't know whether or not Lightning will count for the bonus in this event, how terrible of an idea is it to try and 11 pull at the beginning of the banner? I've got around 6k lapis and maybe 40% of the story missions left to farm. I got lucky with the last event by pulling Elza fairly early on, but even with using her and taking an Elza friend every run I still barely got enough karma to buy everything a few hours before it was all over.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

What's with all the stuff that's Hope/Fang only? Does that mean they're going to split the banner in half like they did with the FFT event?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah...unless Lightning actually gets a bonus next week, I think I'll just skip this event. Did 4 pulls this morning and didn't get a single FF13 unit, plus I still have to level CoD, Exdeath and Bartz from the last couple banners.

Cleared out some week+ inactives and bought some more friend slots, in case anyone needs a 456 Elza or 415 Lightning buddy. I've currently got Elza up but I could switch back to Lightning if she gets a bonus to help out with the event.

781 070 227

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

hahaha this is hosed, so I've got literally 12 people on my friends list between goons and pubbies with FFXIII characters set, and they literally will not show up in my rotation. This has got to be more than terrible luck when nearly 20% of my friends list is completely MIA when I want to actually try Hanging Edge.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So, what's a decent strategy for LB farming? I finally got a 3* Cecil and I know he's pretty much the only character worth putting in all the work for. Is it to just run low level explorations and full clear them?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Seriously, I can field an entire team of 6*s, but I still leave a slot for BC Lid because it's awesome locking down every boss that doesn't null literally all status effects.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Welp, looks like I'm going to be falling into this banner's trap. I'm getting dangerously close to falling below 5k lapis anyway with my daily pulls and having to expand my inventory, so hopefully between the ~40% of story missions left and the new ones that I can grind out for lapis I'll save enough for another 11 by Orlandu. Been wanting to get Chizuru for a long time anyway and Mercedes and Noctis sound really solid.

Poor Charlotte's gauge looks absolutely pitiful next to everyone else's in that update.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Welp, just got Noel for my daily pull. That puts me at only missing half of the base 5* units as an entirely F2P player. :psyduck:

How exactly does he compare to Cecil? Mine's been stuck at 4* waiting for the burst pots from this even to come out, but now I'm kind of tempted to just focus on leveling WK Noel since my only other fully leveled tank is Demon Rain, and seems to be getting less useful as event and trial bosses put out more and more damage.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

m.hache posted:

How does that work exactly? I've never tried using Carbuncle yet. I just assumed it reflected all spells (including healing)

Yeah, I read about that trick and went to give it a shot, but I don't see how you're supposed to target your own people with aoe stuff like Thundaga. I finally caved and started raising a second Exdeath so this would be incredibly useful.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Might be a dumb question, but are multiple Dual Casts worth it? I'm grinding out two Ludmilles so I can put one on Refia, but it seems like every attack mage innately learns Dual Black Magic.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I'm still incensed that the best unit from the Halloween event was the only one without a 6* upgrade.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Are the exclusive stat materia for Jack and Trey even worth the phantoma? They're good enough stat increases, but even with those they seem like really subpar units.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I'd have actually been happy with Kain cause I could really use a Gungnir.

Equip Spear doesn't help when the best spear I've got is Lad Mirazh, Fang. :argh:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Folks on reddit are largely saying Cid is overhyped at this point, is that true? He still sounds pretty drat dumb.

I think it's that fresh, out of the box Orlandu is about as good as Noctis with less versatility, but dual wield, Excalibur Orlandu is literally a god. Still, the base version is amazing for anyone who doesn't have a full team of Lightnings and Luneths.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Do we know if Yun and Ling are only going to be available for this event, or are they being added to the pool afterwards? It's kinda lovely that every global exclusive unit so far has been time-limited so if you don't whale for them you'll never have a chance to get them again.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I wouldn't be mad either if I pulled Yun.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

We're never getting Orlandu, are we?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

6* Level 1 Mercedes with the Axe, two hyper wrists, 4 atk+10% materias and a green beret is already breaking 300 attack, so that's giving me hope for leveling her up. I missed every event weapon before and including the Chirijiraden and I can't macro, so stuff like this is exciting for me.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I brought my A team and an 865 atk Noctis, and completely petered out at Limnad. Fucker was hitting people for 4500 and even said Noctis was barely doing maybe 1/6th of her full bar with Embolden.

ATK+15% and the Trust Moogle would've been nice, but it looks like it's back to Mana grinding for me. :smith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Vax, just out of curiosity, what happens if you give Yun Equip Spear and the Twin Lance? It's ludicrous that his normal attack is 4 hits as it is, but I want to see if it's possible to hit Auto and let Yun attack for a solid 2 minutes a turn. Or even add an Aurora Scarf on top of that for maximum normal attacks.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I'm still sitting on 13k Lapis and about 65 tickets from that awesome Christmas bundle. I was planning to blow it all whaling for Orlandu, but that was when we all thought he was 3 weeks away instead of 3 months. :smith:

Depending on whether or not the player's choice banner has easy Zidanes, I'll throw an 11 pull and maybe a dozen tickets at the Olive banner. Really wish I could macro because holy poo poo are there some good TMs on this banner.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So, is there any reason at all to make Monarch Rings when the Domination Ring's recipe is almost the same? I'm two trophies away from the Ruler's Ring, but all the trophies I have left are the absolutely insane ones.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Autobattle also carries over between fights during explorations now, which kinda sucks for LB/evocation grinding, but makes explorations in general much less of a hassle.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I've been saving up star quartz almost since release and I couldn't even afford the holy lance and maneater together. :smith: I kinda feel like spending a shitload of tickets for both TMs and star quartz during this event. Do you get 11 quartz for a 10+1 pull, or do you still just get 1?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Unless he has zero defense and spirit, how in the hell are you supposed to possibly kill Nimbus? 10 million HP and he runs after 3 turns, whereas the Captain in the Dreadnought had around a 10th of that and you had to bring MP recovery items to outlast him.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Independence Day Bedile and he specializes in fire (red), holy (white) and ice (blue) damage.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Welp, threw 8 tickets at the banner hoping to get a headstart on phantoma grinding with some bonus units. Got 3 Cinques and bunch of other 3*s. Was hoping for possibly one gold. :negative: I really hope they open the rest of the Type 0 characters to bonuses next week, like they did with Lightning during the FF13 event. Granted I only got Seven instead of Ace, but even that bonus would be a lot more useful.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Awesome, another banner to save lapis on.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well, got all excited that I pulled a Queen this morning, then found out the hard way that refilling your lapis does not recycle your friend units. RIP 99 nrg bringing along Cinques and Eights. :negative:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Figure I might as well put up my ID so people have more Queen's for this brain-numbing event.

781 070 227

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I've been replacing Exdeath and running elite with 4 Cinques and Queen whenever I've got a friend Olive with 1k+ attack, and even with no gold bombs or Nimbuses I can get ~800 phantoma a run, which is pretty damned amazing.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Wow, gently caress you too, game. Been waiting to do an 11 pull on this with lapis I've been saving since the adamantite chest I bought for Christmas, and not only is my only banner unit a Cecil (And Nine, a day late and a dollar short), but half of the TM moogles I got are for characters I don't even have. Like Olive. :shepicide:

And my 12 pulls from the Ifrit banner were all items. This event is off to an amazing start.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

HGH posted:

Got a Minfilia from the coin summon. Which I could max her out since she'd be pretty useful for Ifrit right now, but I can't imagine running Timber Tracks Exploration nonstop.

Dehumanize yourself and face to Unit exp efficiency. :kheldragar:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I seriously don't understand my luck with this game. I did a second 11 pull hoping to get some zidanes or good TM moogles, and I got my second Queen. Threw two more tickets, and I got my first Gilgamesh. I've now pulled more rainbows on this banner than Zidanes. :psyduck:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I like him because he has an atk/mag boost to accompany Luka's defensive boost but yeah his lower def vakues make me think about swapping.

Yeah, Demon Rain is a semi-decent DPS if you've somehow pulled him and no one else good since Halloween. He was a decent tank when he first came out because I think we were still a couple weeks away from 6* Cecil at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Okay, so I did a terrible job of holding onto all of my tickets and lapis since the Christmas Adamantite chest, and I'm now currently down to 2200 lapis and 21 tickets. Someone talk me into/out of throwing $50 at Gumi for enough lapis to do an 11 pull for Orlandeau and having enough lapis left over for energy refreshes and slot expansions, since I'm pretty sure we won't see another chest sale until maybe the game's 1 year anniversary.

• Locked thread