Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Hold up, so are we only getting one 10% moogle now? Holy poo poo they're really dialing them back now. Hopefully we go back to getting a 10% for the monthly rewards instead of this "1% every week and 5% at the end of the month" poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

This banner has been pretty generous with Noodles, my wife snagged him on ticket 25.

I did two 10+1 pulls, all my dailies and about 8 tickets and got my first Greg, second Queen (???) and somehow ZERO Zidanes. I have absolutely no idea how that happened. :negative:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Just a quick psa during Orlandu chat (gently caress you 20 tickets and nothing but 3*s), but even though black magic is banned this week in arena, apparently somehow Meteor doesn't count? Exdeath can still dualcast it just fine so this week doesn't have to be nothing but 8/10 turn slugfests.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I'm really bummed out by this slowing down on Ifrit. I'm still at 1.14 million and I was really hoping to get the trust moogle, but that's going to be increasingly difficult if people are just kinda giving up on him. Sadly I can only do Pro, since I can't do enough damage in Elite for it to be worth it.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Is the general consensus that Dualcast Refia is still the best healer, even beyond Y'shtola?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Aw man, I'm kinda disappointed to learn that energy caps out at 110. At least I'm in the rank 101+ party now. :unsmith:

When this event is over, would people on my list get much use out of a ~650 attack dual wield Elza? I'd put up dual wield Noctis but I only have a couple TMs at this point and no weapons, so it feels like a waste to use him when there are so many 800+ people out there to choose from.

Edit: Oh drat, that's good to know. At least you don't just stop gaining energy completely.

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 31, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

The exclusive unis sound kinda interesting ability-wise, but man those are some nice TMs. The dual wield dagger seems pretty lovely since it only has 5 ATK, but I guess any kind of dual wield is better than none.

Sadly I've spent my big stockpile of tickets on Orlandeau with nothing to show for it, so I don't expect to get anything special from this banner either. :smith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

My total/consecutive login days are at 201/192. I played off and on around release, and then got Lightning during her first banner from about 3 tickets. Been playing every day since. :shepicide:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Threw up my Locke with extra HP/MP and Thief's Bracer for the event, since I doubt I'll get Xon or any other easter units here. I'm afraid I blew all my luck getting Queen and Gilgamesh back to back during the PC banner. :smith:

Aw gently caress, I just realized that Xon steals gil along with items when you use Waylay. Now I have absolutely no idea how I'll keep my clears straight during explorations. :psyduck:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

What's the generally accepted priority for leveling limit bursts? I just got Cecil to 25% and now I'm actually getting a decent number of 3k burst pots from eggs. I've got Exdeath and Elza at around level 3 right now, so I was figuring it should be either of them unless there's someone else I'm missing.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I've already got enough Freyvia moogles to instantly get her to 70% trust when/if I pull her. I'm running out of space saving moogles for a character I'll never pull. :shepicide:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well holy poo poo, Gumi must've heard me complaining about all my trust moogles, cause today's daily was Fryevia! I'm already up to 95%! :aaaaa: Now the question is, how the hell exactly are you supposed to gear her? Focus entirely on magic/atk, or try to split between the two?

edit: Well poo poo, now I regret fusing all of my Ingus's together

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 9, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Mile'ionaha posted:

Only the 'no troll crystals' change, which has encouraged more pulling. Plus: Orlandeau, which made everyone blow their year-long accumulation of Lapis and tickets.

Also: people love to bitch, but they REALLY love to brag in Gacha games. So we are selecting for lucky picks.

Yeah, this is true. Not everyone's gonna hop on and post every time they pull a Bedile or Sabin or an off-banner Rosa.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Is anyone else getting this weird display when doing their friend summons? Every so often today I'll do a 2k summon and I'll see the standard mix of blue/gold/rainbow crystals coming down, and every time it makes me think I accidentally did a 500 lapis rare summon. :psyduck:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Is it just a display bug, or is the daily pull banner still Egg Seekers and not Awakened Warriors? I'm not complaining if that's the case, but it seems weird that they'd introduce a new banner but keep the daily tied to an older one.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Oh....oh no. Please don't, I don't want to literally spend $1,000 to get 2B :ohdear:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

PaybackJack posted:

Get Rain to 6* 100. With dual wield you can cover 3-4 elements with Lava Floor and him dual weidling Air Knife and Excalibur which takes a lot of pressure off.

Then you could run Mercedes to Cover Water or if you have her axe give her axe to Cecil and let him cover tank w/ counter materia.

Freyvia for DPS.

Other characters I'd use are"

Bartz & Refia. They're a team, he's the mana battery and she heals.

You'll want to take a Noctis buddy for Lightning coverage

See, I tried this with Rain, Durandal+Black Belt Cecil, Dana's Lightning and Noctis to lock down every element, but goddamned Rain would keep covering everyone and getting himself killed. Even if Cecil had used his level 25 LB and had Provoke on, Rain would still tank hits until he died then I'd have to rush to revive him and hope that Gilgamesh wouldn't wipe me before I could get off another Lava Floor.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

It's especially aggravating when you've been getting all of the cheap 6* awakening materials each event and then get to the point where you've got <10 Fairie's Writs and Rainbow Blooms, but like 70+ of everything else. :argh:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Well, some of us with Elza didn't draw Olive, so Ravaging Blow is still the best def/spr debuff we can get. I still usually leave mine up since my Lightning and Noctis are pretty subpar without TMs, but I figure everyone can use 2x damage from Elza.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Isn't Delita's TM still the best sword in global?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Honestly that was the main reason I didn't bother posting on their facebook. Winning those tickets was too great of a risk.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I completely gave up on getting any of the purecrysts for this event. I've spent the last two weeks emptying my energy on PRO and ELT runs, and I've literally seen Nepala and Gold Bombs less than 5 times combined. I barely hung in there long enough to get the moogles and that was about it. gently caress this event and its lovely rates.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

So, uh...how exactly are you supposed to kit out Marie? Just survivability and MP? Got all excited for Reberta when my daily was a rainbow, but I haven't even so much as used Marie as a friend unit.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

I've still got my 4* ticket for Rikku, but I've been throwing about 10 tickets at this banner because I want literally any of them so I can clear out these loving moogles. I fused together my Kains months ago, so now I've got enough moogles for another Gungnir. Literally the only banner unit I've gotten from doing my daily+free pull and all those tickets is a single Firion. :argh:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

It's a shame we can't get Bahamut passed level 25. 2k coins for an elite run is pretty fuckin' neato.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

First, don't mash together any of the dragon banner characters. You can get a ton of TM moogles from Bahamut and should be able to pretty easily complete a TM for each and every character you get from the banner.

Rain is a really good full breaker, he just has lovely stats. Even then, he's definitely going to be better than Vaan. Most definitely drop Terra for Refia or Luka. Refia and Luka are pretty much tied for best healer, with Refia getting the edge if you have Ludmille's dualcast materia. It's pretty much always a good idea to check the unit wiki and try to fill your roster with all of the highest ranked characters you can on average. Exdeath is also a really good mage, but you've already got Trance Terra, so that's covered. Zyrus might not be too bad once you've got his TM and full loadout.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

drat, I'm conflicted. I can get the materials right now I need to awaken Lightning's Crushing Blow, but apparently people found stuff for Elza by datamining? Is there any news about what exactly her ability awakenings would be? If she gets decent boosts to Ravaging Blow and Madness Rush I would totally hold off to power those up instead.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Dont upgrade lightning because even fully awakened she's still been power creeped to oblivion.

I've really noticed this lately, and it sucks, because Lightning's pretty much the reason I got into this game in the first place. I played once a week or so starting at launch, and then threw 3 tickets at her banner when she first appeared, got her, and I've been playing daily ever since. Even if she gets powercreeped I still keep her on my A team because of nostalgia. :smith:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

But then you should still get the doublehand bonus from the materia too, right? And is dual wielding the best way to build Fryevia, or just stacking doublehand with her TM? It seems like she gets more bonuses to mag from her one handed traits than you'd get from dual wielding unless you had two Needles.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Fiss posted:

I set up my Noctis to be able to solo the Bahamut trail. Megaflare undefended does about 6k hp and he has 8.3k. Let the first megaflare hit you so the dragon's roar effect (boost atk/mag/def/spr by 40% under 50%) procs. Lance heals him to full. Just tested the fight out and basically you just alternate between lance and warp break to make it go faster. You can to be safe just only use lance though. If you need mp just point warp or use an item.

Edit: Forgot to set him on Odin for my friends list. Need Odin for lance and the extra dragon killer is nice. Cleared up a few slots so if someone needs a solo carry 180,156,530.

Says you're at capacity. :(

Also, is there some kind of whale war going on with the raid event? Suddenly Bahamut's jumped up to level 29 when we were never able to get him passed 25.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Fiss posted:

Cleared up a couple slots.

Thanks, sent a request under BurgerSA

I'd been skirting right around 10.Xk place for the Bahamut raid for awhile, and I was starting to consider burning some lapis just to push myself under before the event ended...yeah, not anymore. Now I'll be lucky to stay under 30k unless they roll this way the hell back.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

At the very least they could repopulate the rewards for these repeat events.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Has the game been hosed for anyone else since the update? I keep getting stuck at the download screen before the app crashes, and even if I can get in, the Vortex list is empty and I get a crash if I try to check the cash shop. Sent a support request to SE, but that was two hours ago and I haven't gotten so much as a confirmation that they received it.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

SereneCrimson posted:

8 tickets plus the daily. Got a single Abel. Only other good unit was Ludmille as I got hit with the holy quadrinity of Bedile, Shadow, Rakshasa and Russell.
I think that I'm done with tickets on this banner, I'll stick to dailies.

As for the event, Xon was really great for the elite fight. Twist of Fate is just so good.

Is there seriously an uptake in Russels lately? I've gotten 3 of him in the last week, which is about as many as I've pulled since I started playing. :psyduck:

drat if I'm not tempted to do an 11 pull on this banner. I'm planning on getting that $12 bundle at some point, but that would still leave me with less lapis than I'd like after a 5k pull. Mostly I just want Abels for that TM, so I'm not even chasing Wilhelm. I'm still cautious because I did two 11 pulls and about 20 tickets during the player's choice banner, and never got a single Zidane.

hamburgers in pockets fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 26, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Wow, I uh...think I may have overestimated Wilhelm. I tried ELT with my team of Cecil, Xon, Noctis, Fryevia, Refia and a friend Fryevia for chaining. Both Fryevia's were over 700 MAG with Diablos and man-eater materias. I pretty much two-turned Wilhelm with just the Fryevia's alone, with Noctis just using Warp Break and Xon stealing his buffs. Think I may actually try it again later and shoot for the 4 unit challenge bonus.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Oh, hello there, luck. Where've you been? Waiting to give me 3 Y'shtolas in my first raid pull? Guess that's why I've been getting nothing but off-banner 3 stars for my dailies the last 2 weeks. :smith:

I put up my 691 ATK Elza as a friend unit with Golem and Stone Killer, even though she's getting in the nasty habit of tanking Tumults until she kills herself. May have to try swapping out an attack materia for more HP or something, but she at least does decent damage and Titan's susceptible to Ravaging Blow, so you can use her to do double damage with your own units. I've got about 5 slots free at the moment, but I've got plenty of people I can kick if I get more invites.

781 070 227

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Wrecked ELT trial with my broken rear end team.

According to the wiki, it looks like the Giants of Babel event is coming back in June (sorry if this is old news). Can't wait to hear that dope rear end music again.

Helloooo easy 10% trust moogle. I actually really like the idea of bringing back old exploration events so people can get the items and bonuses they missed out on because they either started too late or didn't have sick nasty 6* teams at the time.

Now if only they would bring back Orbonne Monastery or Lands of Plenty. It still hurts to this day that I missed the Chirijiraden because I started too late.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

The explorations nodes just respawn every time you enter the area, otherwise everyone would've just sat in the same explorations for hours racking up Fire and Light Megacrysts for Hero and Ruler Rings.

So yeah, unless you have the time/patience do do a full clear for a ton of exp and gil per energy spent, it's totally possible to just hop in, hit all the nodes, kill the boss and leave. That's all I've been doing for the Abandoned Orphanage and Scorching Volcano for ring materials.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Varance posted:

I got Dark Knight Cecil while fishing for Amelia. He'll be best buds with Delita.

At least he gets decent enhancements. Still lacking a truly hardcore physical DD, which really holds you back on trials.

No Amelia, though. :smithicide:

I was looking at the enhancements linked earlier, and it looks like DKC gets a really, really good Dark resist debuff, that I'm hoping will synergize really well with Elza. Are there any characters that get a chainable, unmitigated darkness move? So far it seems like we've got Orlandu, Fryevia, Fohlen, Aileen and pretty soon Tidus for light, ice, wind, ground and water respectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Fuuuuck, I was dumb and didn't realize that the game considered esuna recovery magic. Gonna have to blow 100 energy again for that Gathering run. :smith:

• Locked thread