Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I pulled despite saying not to pull until I finish every TM I got. Got Trey on daily pull, which is good for the event. Tickets were Krile, Shantotto, and Vaan. All 3*

drat it me why am I pulling *in charlie brown voice* augh

Armitage fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jan 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I miss the Doublicorns :( Haven't seen them in a few days. Come back buddy I miss you

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Dias posted:

what's a doublicorn I'm pretty sure that's just a legend.

I swear I saw a couple early on.

I haven't seen any since and I doubt I will. Man and I wanted that 70k moogle too.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

lol

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The last time I pulled was about a week ago and I got a 3* Paladin Cecil. Today, with the free pull, I got a gold crystal and got his buddy Refia!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Professor Cthulhu posted:

wait, can you get TM from arena, not just from running earth shrine entrance 100000 times?

They didn't set an arena team, so their current TM farming team will be representing them in the arena.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Wowza, the Great Nian Beast may be the hardest content I've had to face so far. ELT doesn't seem beatable even with a friend Noctis with over 800 atk and I barely scratched out a victory earlier on Pro.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

WebDO posted:

It's not like they've been hiding that most of the content is balanced around the assumption you're spending hundreds of dollars on the game

Dark Fina on her hardest mode was so much easier even with just a friend unit that socks it to 'em good. It would help if Hex Strike/Fire Flask would work. To be fair I haven't tried Hex Strike but if Fire Flask doesn't work then Hex Strike likely won't either.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The ELT beast still murders me with extreme prejudice even with barthundra and Undermine. Thunderstorm does not gently caress around.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I did pull a Refia before this event started and at the moment there's not really a good source of metal gigantaurs to get her to a reasonable level outside of the Ariana Grande event.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Oh yeah I finally got the 5% TM from the stupid beast fight. It was a stressful fight, believe me. It was the hardest fight I've encountered so far in either of the popular Final Fantasy gacha games.

Now I just need the arena awards to come in, and with a Zidane at 90%, I'll get my first Dual Wield!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

this isn't your dang banner buddy

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

That is like a S tier screencap, gonna be honest man.

i caught it at the wrong time, but on closer look it was actually the right time.

now I'm gonna have to start cooking a second zidane and a cecil and some other sword user

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

hagie posted:

I had a Hayate, 4 star Fran, Vanille, and Sabin today.

I didn't realize that the "friend" units were in the main pool.

Hayate has a nice TM and Vanille isn't that bad although not as good as some other healers.

Fran sucks and Sabin can't even suplex a throw pillow however.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Luna gets a 5*, whoopie.

They should have a St. Patrick's Day event and a 6* Leprechaun Bedile.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Maybe Gumi is right and trust moogles are the most broken thing in the history of the world. That explains why even a 5% trust moogle has to be locked behind some really insane bullshit.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Nuebot posted:

But were you using an 800+ noctis friend? Because a lot of people forget that one. Half the "F2P NO TM!!!!" guides for the event basically boiled down to "get a high level noctis, use your dual cast refia and level 100 cecil". I still can't get past the second boss of the drat thing because I just don't have the damage to do it, not even if I use a high level noctis.

Also the level 100 Cecil has a maxed LB or close to it.

I decided to bring Exdeath along. I actually made progress due to Imperil. I didn't use him because of Abraxas and his thing with magic spells. I did get to the dumb dragon and got him down halfway.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

turnways posted:

Does Wicked Light count as magic for Abraxas? Keep hearing to use that over everything else.

I'd think it does.

Tried another run, and I still am not sure why Omniviel is recommended. I don't really see the RESIST thing pop up and eat just as much damage even if I didn't have it up. If I had a better elemental damage mitigation I may be able to pull this off after all.

I may have to start using the Bar-ras instead.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Well, after a butt load of S/Ls to make sure characters didn't die in earlier fights, and early on in the Abraxas fight, Abraxas finally fell.

I had to defend a few guys when he was halfway dead so CoD can do the Comeback thing. I dunno how Lenna and Mrit's Noctis survived the second round of Release, but after Lenna used a Remedy, Noctis finished him off.

Yeah I think it's time to TM farm and get my own Noctis up to snuff.

EDIT: Oh yeah Exdeath's Light attack is not magic, so imperil Abraxas and go to town.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 15, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Hell yeah compensation :getin:

Once the servers are back up anyway

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Game's back up, used my free pull. Gold crystal turned to rainbow!

A pretty good pull, only three booby prizes :v:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I use Memu when I want to run a TM macro, and got the most recent TM "Ultimate" Patch 2.0.0 no lapis macro from https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

Unfortunately I have to watch the macro, because whenever I go off and do something, 5-10 minutes after I leave the macro decides that I absolutely have to view a friend unit and I get stuck. I have the resolution where it's supposed to be. That was a problem in a previous version so I'm hoping they can fix it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I just tried to fight the ELT Captain. Uh.... yeah that will never happen for at least 7 years.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

hagie posted:

This Gilgamesh trial sounds like a whale job.

Looking at the equipment above really makes me go "nope"

I'd think I have the units for it(although my best unit is Chiz with 543 ATK), and I can cover some of the elements with Emperor and Exdeath. I'm not quite where I need to be TM wise, Dualcast and a second Dual Wield are quite a ways away. I probably can't outlast him at the moment.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Wow, 10 people will get a 5% moogle!!

Gumis generosity knows no bounds

Ah yes.

+80 ATK/MAG weapon as a prize - no problem buddy just a day or two of grinding or a good friend unit will get it

5% TM - OH MY GOD LET'S MAKE IT SO 10 PEOPLE GET IT *extreme Popeye laugh* ahg ahg ahg ahg ahg ahg ahg

Jeepers, Gumi it shouldn't be such a pain to level trust mastery. I get that it should take some time but man you guys make it such a pain in the butt sometimes.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Used a ticket on the Gilgamesh Vanquisherd banner and got the one that can kill Gilgamesh in less than one hit

Armitage fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 16, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Ya I know, if everybody's buddy Bedile can't do it then Cyan probably can't either.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

:stare: hard to find a worse pull than this one *tugs collar*

Even with a second Snow and a fifth Zidane, it's... horrendous

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Be jealous, I pulled the #1 choice of everyone in the Player's Choice banner for a second time!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I just blew 5000 lapis on a terrible pull on the player choice banner a week or so ago too. Yuck.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

710k points for a 10% moogle? They're not making it insane to get for a change? What's the catch?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

At this point I'm selling the Shard of Genius Trust Moogles. No room!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I'm at 60/65, 5 spots open for goons!

I'm still working on fully leveling espers and getting better equipment through TMs so this is still a work in progress compared to most other Nocts, but if you like him enough to use him feel free!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

So, the 20 NRG boss in the DA event...

How do you even damage this thing? It seems like the boss has an insane amount of HP and defensive stats. I can survive the first hit but nothing I've done can even move the HP bar.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Kalas posted:

Make sure you are not using any element other then Lightning or Dark first off all....

Basically it's ultimas or lots of hard hitting physical attacks.

Get a beefy Olive friend to make it easier, as she doesn't run afowl of the bosses really strong elemental defenses.

The boss is no joke, but she can be ATK/MAG broken to reduce how much damage she's doing, that will go a long ways.

I did use a beefy Olive friend the first time I tackled her. When her big 45 MP attack did only 60k, I gave up.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Got Leon from my free pull. His TM seems cool.

I'm going to see a lot of the Crimson Blood TM in this event, huh? Let me see if Reberta is a prize... oh wait the Achievement Status button is not working.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Is it possible to pull anything on a banner or am I pulling on the wrong banner?

I keep getting a few thousand Crimson Blood TM for every coin I use so I'm trying to see if I can throw four tickets at this banner to at least try for Reberta.

Ticket #1 - Lenna
Ticket #2 - Exdeath
Ticket #3 - Sabin (Gumi make him 1* max already, he can't even suplex a pillow for goodness sake.)
Ticket #4 - Ulrica :psyduck: I, uh, picked the Dragon Killer banner.

I have 5000+ laps and 11 tickets including the guaranteed 4* ticket are left, and I'm trying to save them for whenever the FFX drop happens, and I'm doubting I'll pull a single on banner unit for that event at this point.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

My luck is so nasty in this game that I'm gonna pull Fran with my 4* ticket somehow when the FFX event comes around.

Also I will somehow get Luna and Sabin, both wearing Rikku's outfit.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 15, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I just wish previous type-0 units would still give a bonus, but that means nobody would pull on the new banner and Gumi wouldn't get any money from those that have to chase every 5* unit in the game :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Did a few pulls to try for one of these new banner nerds:

daily was Cecil! I had two already and accidentally smushed one into the Cecil I have that I'm working on for Excalibur. A second chance to get a second Excalibur is always welcome!

ticket pulls:

Ludmille - I have three already and just completed a dual cast. Three dual casts are plenty. Smush!
Eight - One, not Eight, is enough
Grace - one of the new banner nerds!
Shadow - Don't pull Shadow, new players. Feed him to better units!

• Locked thread