Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
At least you got her really good exclusive shield making her slightly above useless, but still useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Acelerion posted:

Am I missing something? Have finished all the story and have the arrow thingy pointing at aquapolis olderion, but there is no lady at tool shop to start charlotte quest.

Did you watch the dumb cutscene with that chick crying about her dead husband or whatever. You have to take the left exit from town square AFTER the parade cutscene. I missed it too.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

after 16 tickets today and my daily I got:

Charlotte
Terra
Garland
Faris
Luna
4* Vivi
4* Arc
Locke
Celes
Xiao - (Can someone please explain Kaiser Knuckles to me? Everyone is saying they're great, but they're only 101 Atk so I'm a little confused, wouldn't other things be better)
Luna
Faris
Mustadio
Fang
Luna
GREGGGGGGGGGG - MY first 5* base ever! Holy poo poo!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

How long do you have to wait to find said moogle door? I looked last time I ran through the Maze but none popped up. Is it like Bejeweled where you have to sit there idle for X amount of time and then it starts giving you hints because it thinks you're an idiot?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Sometimes I wonder if these gacha games would be nearly as big money makers if they existed in a world without forums/the internet. If it wasn't for you guys telling me who's good and who isn't, I'd still be rolling through story content with Kuja/Golbez/Kefka/Vivi/Luna. I'd also have no idea that half the characters even exist, and have no reason to spend anything on the gacha.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Mischalaniouse posted:

You guys are tempting me to do another 11-pull.

Don't do it, it's a trap

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

HGH posted:

Use my compensation energy for the maze or save it for the raid boss?

The raid doesn't use your NERG, it uses a whole separate "raid orbs" currency thing. Like Arena/Colosseum orbs, but also separate from that.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Daily Pull: Charlotte
Ticket 1: Charlotte
Ticket 2: Charlotte

Ok I'm done thanks Gumi!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

m.hache posted:

Honestly, if I get banned for Macroing it'll be a bitter sweet release.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Seriously, I mean Shiva is #3 overall for atk and isn't even represented. Ramuh is last place, and Diablos is 2nd to last unless you're fighting humans.

Hopefully we're just seeing you being set up for a mage team in another slot...

Fake edit: Shiva is also #2 for Mag though, so I dunno wtf is going on.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Unrelated question. How does firions weapon wield abilities work? Do I need to mix weapon types to get bonuses? Like say if I give him two axes does he get 60% damage or must it me an axe and a spear/knuckle? Im thinking of turning my mercedes into my monster dps unit and was going to grind two of her axes out but looking ahead an axe and a save the queen might be better if I decide to switch over her stuff to firion once he gets 6*

Could someone please answer this, there is a lot of misinformation about Firion and Kaiser Knuckles floating around out there, I think we're all confused.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

My Firion doesn't exist!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Hardbody smush the clowns

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Nuebot posted:

Can you dual cast dual cast black magic?

No, dual cast only works with magic, and is really kind of useless on ExDeath since his only other things worth dual casting are abilities.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

If they made her spoony I would feel a lot better about it

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

The best part of this list is that I've never heard of any of these games

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

The ideal move for the most salt possible is to just swap out Orlandus sprite for Arianas.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Vax posted:

Ah gently caress it just throw everything in here. loving Zeldas 250 ATK TM sword, Metroid Primes 6* LB should have a cool animation no? Oh and what about the Mario Bros?

Boy oh boy, 2017 will be a blast.

All of these characters would own

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Would Carbuncle even reflect it? It sounds like it's an ability anyway

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Wow! That event was FAR easier than I thought it would be, killed her in 3 turns but forgot to use an esper. Maybe I'll go back tomorrow if it's the daily again? Decided to waste 6 tickets in celebration.

Clyne
Elle
Elle
Garland
Mercedes
Dark Fina

Well ok then! Thanks game!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Just cleared out some friend slots, about 5 left if some newbies don't have me yet.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

What good does chainsaw meta do you in arena? It's not aoe is it?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

To be fair, the best use for purchased lapis by far is TM grinding. You can turn 3* and 4* bases (which are relatively easy to get f2p) into really great units. Then paired with a whale friend unit, you can steamroll most content. I was completely f2p until the Christmas bundle (which I got with google play gift cards, so I'm not sure if I can still call myself f2p... but I haven't spent any actual money.. so I don't know) I used all that lapis to grind out TMs and now I have a really awesome Gilgamesh (who was my first 5* base character ever after playing for 6 months).

tl;dr - You can play and enjoy this game, and get your fill of nostalgia without paying any money, and be able to beat all of the current content, without any TMs or 5* base units.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Looks like another week off from daily pulls, and another event to only grind out moogles/tickets/quartz/cactuars/6*mats. Hi5's all around everybody.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I can see the artifact, but I definitely wouldn't classify twinspell as "must have" it's 2% mp over a currently craftable materia, which in all likelihood you will be replacing with one of the other, more mag, options. Even on Dark Fina and ExDeath it's only ~38mp.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Dias posted:

Dual Wield.

Like, you guys underestimate how fuckin' good innate Dual Wield is, even if the character's toolbox isn't as great.

This. The ratings are based off right out of the box dudes with No TMs. Don't be surprised if when Orlandu is released, he also is rated below Lightning and Luneth.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

AegisP posted:

See also: why Luka is rated the same as Refia on the wiki.

Did you read her abilities? They're friggen great. Priestess Miracle is Curaja + Esunaga for 25mp, Regenerate is Curaja for 3 turns for 12mp, she regens 5% MP and 60(SPR x 1.2) automatically each turn, Deep Blue is Embolden but DEF/SPR instead of DEF/ATK, also Stona, Raise, Curaga, and Cleanse. Really the only thing that makes Refia "better" is Embolden for attack teams and Full-Raise instead of just Raise. Also, Lukas LB is a Heal + SPR Buff that gets SIGNIFICANTLY better when you level it up.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

AegisP posted:

In a scenario with no TMs, yes. Which is what I was replying to in agreement with in the previous comment you posted.

Oh heh, sorry, I read that as "See also: Why is Luka above Refia," not an explanation. My bad

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Where does a support character even fit on a team makeup going forward? Tank, Healer, support, 2dps?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Yea pretty much. Trust moogles aren't really worth it if you're macroing. Unless you follow the above arguments and stockpile them I guess. Even still though, you could just stockpile the ones from everything except king mog events and achieve better results.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

^^^^ That's loving awful

Edit: in other news, how does Dystopia work? Is it just consecutive castings? Does it apply some kind of stealth debuff that increases damage? Can I do other stuff in between? If I bring multiple DF into battle, will it reach it's max multiplier faster?

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 16, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I was going to ask if they stealth reduced the rates actually, I saw like 8 of them the first three days of the event, and 0 the past two days.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I actually haven't really run into any stone meta teams in the past two weeks. Kind of weird. I'm sure it will make a resurgence if they ban multi-hit attacks again

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Why? You can't DW harps, and her unique mic is better anyway. I ASSUME it also counts as an instrument for the purposes of the TM, otherwise that's dumb

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Twisted Eye posted:

drat, cause her TM was gonna match up perfectly on a 6* Firion

I bet if you put Kaiser Knuckles and Dream Harp on Firion, plus Ariana's TM and some snow belts, it would work really well with his innates. Perhaps someone could theorycraft this for us.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

The summon system change doesn't really change the chances of pulling Orlandu on banner though. If you pull a rainbow currently it's a 50% chance that it's the current on banner 5*, or one of the many 5* capable characters in the game. The change would make it so that you'd have a 50% chance for Orlandu and a 50% chance for a 5* base. Which IS better, but doesn't change your odds of getting TG Cid, just makes it so your NOT TG Cid Rainbows won't be poo poo.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

She actually has higher base MAG than ExDeath AND Dark Fina, obviously the lack of DC and spells besides Thundaga and Bioga hurt her, but she's a significant addition to a mage team. I will definitely be putting her on my Arena Thundaga Nuke team (esp since Thundaga is also the only -aga that DF learns)

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

so is 6* rain live right now?

*Goes to units -> awaken units -> scrolls down to rain* Yup he sure is. In fact I just awakened him thanks to your post.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Yea, that's pretty much the only reason I was motivated to even do that. I even thought about putting him up as my friend unit so other people won't have to do the same poo poo for the 10 lapis. Think that's worth doing over my lovely Jack that I doubt anyone uses?

I just did this actually. My friend unit is Nichol with Impenetrable Stance for the mission. Ign is Buttlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Just finished the missions thanks to your Nichol! Thanks dude, you saved me having to level Nichol up another 50 levels.

I'm going to leave him up as my friend unit for the weekend to give you nerds a chance to do this mission. Plus it's not like there's anything super challenging going on right now that my Greg would be better anyway. Plus even if there was there are better options. Hell, maybe I'll put Locke back up afterwards lol.

• Locked thread