Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Carth Dookie posted:

Bring back the Adelaide season ender. :colbert:

Hell, I'd be keen. It'll be Heaps Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

I bet there are a lot of premier guys with very itchy feet at the moment!!

This is unreal, not something that's really happened in modern F1 (of the last 25 years). Crazy crazy stuff

Although now the silly season speculation won't be about whether Nico chooses number 1 or number 6.

Looking forward to the silliest of seasons!

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

I'm thinking Alonso has the least ironclad contract with Honda/McLaren. Especially now with Ron Gon.

Button could still be a shoe in too for McLaren, although I don't really understand his current position. Is he still the 3rd driver? He was playing it down a fair bit...

E: and if it is Vettel that goes he'll instantly become unlikeable, no matter how much work he's done to change his image.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Bryter posted:

a McClaren guy.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I think Brundle is quite good. He's better at talking about the cars handling than Coultard, I think and he clearly loves the sport.
Crofty is almost as bad as James Allen. In fact, I think he's worse, with the public school nicknames and mannerisms. Ted is similar.
Ted especially drives me nuts. I don't care about him, only the information he can delivers, which he often fails to do.
Legard wasn't very good, but he didn't annoy me, so just based on that, I think he was the least worst of the 'modern' batch.
Oh and Eddie Jordan should just go jump in a lake. What an obnoxious prick. How on earth did he ever manage to run a F1 team?

Your opinions are cool and good.

Except for Legard. gently caress that guy, I mean honestly, what was he doing there?

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

A cool photo stolen from wherever Reddit stole it from.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Wasn't this after their first constructors win since like 1979? I could be very very wrong though

E: I am wrong, they were just partying real hard after winning the constructors for that year. They won in 1999, and before that 1983.

aequalis fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Dec 17, 2016

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Wirth1000 posted:

This is what I imagine every single poster in here to look like....

Please don't body shame in this thread OP.

Also, I see you've met my father.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Who were the passengers in the cars?

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Tony Montana posted:

Any of the thread Aussies going to Melbourne this year? There seems to be more Aussies than last time I poked my head in here.

My family are having talks of going but I'll have to pass due to work commitments.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEABGsYfJos

He replies to Jenson at 4m 05s heh

And a dig at Lewis at the end of his response.

Pretty valiant attempt from Alonso there trying to convince us that his daily driver Honda is pretty technologically advanced. Hey guys, it's got cruise control! And also a speed limiter!

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Wirth1000 posted:

In regards to the Williams which is real: I'm extremely disappointed they kept the little nub nose bit but otherwise the car looks like a much sleeker version of the previous generation. Kind of disappointing as I was hoping for a bit more radical revolution.

Looks like Renault have the clit nose too, so maybe it is the true 2017 design, as you say, or maybe they're both being sneaky sneaky and not showing they're nose cone until the official relveals at the test track. Or even in Melbourne.

http://m.imgur.com/OdP4R4o

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Just posted on their FB, I'm guessing they'll have the other 20 angles in the coming minutes

http://imgur.com/a/6FLsr

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

They've gone with the Quadrifoglio Alfa Romeo logo which is pretty neat.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

I'm going to shamelessly copy and paste the links from the Reddit megathread, I don't give a gently caress!

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/s2lg8.mp4?token=1489136557_6064510d351f52a681a723ec0e83d49cda44fc82

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

It's definitely unappealing. Where's the McLaren swoosh/kiwi bird gone? Or was that one of Ron's inventions...

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Me too, but I've had to put a paper bag on the nose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxCfyXAhiBo

aequalis fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 25, 2017

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Falken posted:

That sounds like an exhaust blown diffuser?

I believe they turn off some of the cylinders mid corner or something? I don't know how it works, but there's some fuckery involved

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

I wish he had stayed there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Dubs posted:

EDIT: this is the best ive seen the mccclarn look
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C50cj-AWgAEWrQb.jpg

I was wondering when McLaren changed over to Renault, I hadn't realised things were going that bad!

• Locked thread