Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

wicka posted:

Funny how they have devised a formula that's relevant to road car manufacturers while also making it effectively impossible for new manufacturers to enter. I bet they'd have a hell of a lot more luck getting new engine manufacturers if they didn't so strictly limit testing. Imagine where Renault and Honda might be if they could (attempt) hundreds of miles of private testing, or hell, if they didn't have to make a single engine last like six races.

This is... kind of compelling.

Reality is that the engine manufacturers (merc in particular) are spending huge money on R&D and simulation on bench testing rigs and poo poo just to get around the testing limitation rules. I wonder if we've looped back around to the point where it might actually be cheaper to just put the drat things in actual cars again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If Liberty is smart enough to realize that ramming 80 million ad breaks into the race isn't the way to go and they produce a legit steaming service ala MotoGP then I'll line up to blow their board of execs.

If they help make it financially viable for historic tracks to be financially viable to the point where they can even drop their ticket prices so we have actual people in the crowds again then they can have my rear end as well.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I watch F1 on the Foxtel Go app and I honestly don't miss watching it on ordinary TV.

I have NBN though so your mileage may vary.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I don't have iQ so I tend to miss the American rounds.

My parents are the ones with the sub, they just gave me one of their foxtel Go accesses since they don't use it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kimi. Mostly to see Vettel's head explode.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

F1 popup channel does work on Foxtel Go. 2011 Season review currently on. I'd forgotten how different some of the cars were that year. McLaren's unusual sidepods and Renault's Octo-exhaust that year.

Edit; kind of surreal how many names I'm hearing that aren't in F1 anymore:

Kobayashi
Schumacher
Petrov
Sutil
Button (:smith:)
Senna
Maldonado
Trulli
Barrichello
Webber
Algesuari
Buemi

and those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I object to you using a probation evasion account to do the OP.

• Locked thread