Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Tsaedje posted:

Also you guys really need to get a thesaurus because the overuse of the word petulant is getting pretty wearing

quote:

(of a person or their manner) childishly sulky or bad-tempered.
"he was moody and petulant"

hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

My reading comprehension knows no bounds, please forgive me Tsaedje :doh:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

BOLD PREDICTION: Bottas puts up a bit of a figh-hahaha.. who am I kidding.

2017 Lewis Hamilton whitewash, leading his legion of annoyingly smug supporters to get even more overbearing

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

I just realised *~earthdreams~* was 10 years ago

I honestly liked the 2008 EARTH DREAM livery (the 2007 livery was a step too far though), shame the car was a steaming pile of poo poo.

The loving wheel rim cover / brake cooling things have got a lot to answer for for ruining the look of those cars though.

The only thing that can redeem 2017 is an orange mclaren, but I worry that it's just going to remind me of the old arrows livery and they're going to be on a similar level performance wise, and there's no Jenson to make things a bit interesting.

2017 sucks already.

:smith:

Oh yea, shark fins. The force india looks ridiculous.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Storm Doris update, wind is certainly up. Flights are being canceled, trains have speed limits, and high sided vehicles are only being driven by lunatics.

Edit: it's not relevant just because of the merc thing, last time we had winds this high the stands at silverstone got utterly trashed and it cost millions to fix it up.

and I walked to the shops at lunchtime :smug:

learnincurve posted:

Mercedes had to move this afternoons testing/"filming day" to early morning before the storm hit so we have pictures.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/new-mercedes-f1-car-breaks-cover-at-silverstone-876241/

conspiracy against Bottas to be honest

ImplicitAssembler posted:

How come no one is making italic predictions?

I'm all about the subscript predictions

enri
Dec 16, 2003

God bless Ferrari for getting their car launch done earlier in the day

Leaves the rest of the day for being lazy.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Theophany posted:

We've still got McLaren to be mean about before we can rest on our shitposting laurels.

I meant the Italians :v:

but yes I'd totally forgotten about Mclaren today too... and I'm desperately trying to forget I'd forgotten and then remembered about it because loving hell that is an ugly car.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Tooned did, they had ones on Emmo and The Shunt

They probably rushed that one out the door on the one day Ron was out of the country

Another Honda powered livery I love :allears:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I got a little excited that the toro rosso was actually the red bull. I really like it. Thank god there's at least one car on the grid that doesn't look like completely arse.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

MCLRN HV SFFRD MCHNCL PRBLMS

enri
Dec 16, 2003

To continue that theme:

quote:

Oh hello.

Sebastian Vettel's Ferrari has gone back to the top of the times with a lap of 1:22.791 on the medium tyre.

That is nearly four tenth faster than the Mercedes of Valtteri Bottas, who did his best time on the quicker soft compound.

from the BBC live feed page thingy

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I might be mistaken but I think Bottas' top time was on the softs too, not sure what times he set in the last few laps on softs before lunch but presumably didn't topple Vettel off the top spot because it wasn't mentioned in the live feed.

STAY COOL FELIPE BABY, STAY COOL

enri
Dec 16, 2003

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I am becoming fairly optimistic that the Scuderia are going to win some races this year

but the question is will they win enough to make it count?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Bottas scrappy? Noooo

https://twitter.com/F1/status/836609573553201152

Oh

edit: curse you forums, why can't you embed the video too? click here for the tweet because forum reasons

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I am a recovering ex-Ferrari hater. I like the scud. I am English.

Most of my hate for Ferrari in the past stems from a certain German and his dirty cheating ways.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Minto Took posted:

Are Ross got Are Jense a WDC. If that's not a reason to love him, I don't know what is.

Are Ross reminds me of daddy pig, that's reason enough to love him.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Do not forget to place your bacon briefcase in the overhead bag storage areas.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Autosport livestream guy has lost the will to live and gone full sarcasm.

as has the BBC guy...

enri
Dec 16, 2003

If Williams had any sense, they'd send Massa out for day 1 & 2 - let Stroll's inevitable destruction of the car not have an impact on MWDC 2017 Massa's testing time.

Tsaedje posted:

This thread is about the least Brit dominated F1 discussion on the internet, there's like 3 of us. It's also just about Lewis fan free . I'm sorry your girlfriend is too good for you, and I hope your fatal Ferraritis doesn't cause you too much distress.

It's definitely the least Brit dominated, you can tell because every now and again you lot start jabbering on about some Bob Varsha or Hobbs or something and I don't even know what the hell you're all going on about.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

HJB posted:

They need to make "Where's Niki?" a bit harder really.

This is the hardest I've laughed all day today, thank you you glorious bastard.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

god bless the glorious scud for giving us the faintest glimmer of hope in the pre-season... only a few more weeks to go everyone. hold in there.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Khablam posted:

RBR are going to be sandbagging so it's still a Frog WDC.

I'd take that over a HAM WDC

Baron Corbyn posted:

How many people do you reckon talked themselves out of sticking a bet on Button when he was like 60/1 and the Brawn started putting in mega lap times in preseason testing with that line of thinking? I did.

that makes at least 2 of us :smith:

Human Grand Prix posted:

McLaren might be on the back row in Melbourne.

might? might? Mclaren are going to be on the back row in Melbourne whilst everyone's lining up in China two weeks later

enri
Dec 16, 2003

drat :(

enri
Dec 16, 2003

wicka posted:

Lewis left McLaren because he knew they were on the decline and Mercedes were the opposite. He didn't cause either of those situations. That's maybe the stupidest suggestion this thread has ever produced, and I am not being hyperbolic.

woah woah hold up there, don't lump all of us with him

enri
Dec 16, 2003

There is only one street circuit worth talking about.

Well done Baku.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

That force india... :aaa:

Fair play, got a sponsor... mix it up a bit. Definitely makes a nice change to the usual white green and orange they rock.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Finally, the end is in sight.... it's race weekend this weekend baby! :dance:

:allears:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

CratSock posted:

Is there finally a race coming up or something? We ran out of things to talk about in the worst thread about 4 pages months ago.

A little bit more accurate, and yes, there's finally a race coming up this weekend. Hurrah!

Now for our annual 'wait until someone offers to write a new OP for the new season' game of chicken.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

F1 2017: Actually racing is about long essays I can't be bothered to read.

Give him his dues, wicka was actually speaking a lot of sense and wasn't frothing at the chops in that last post :v:

So, who's mug enough to sort out the new thread?

edit: actually gently caress it, I'll do it, suggestions for thread titles anyone? I'm a humourless fuckwit and will end up picking something like "F1 2017: What a crock of poo poo" and what the bollocks do I even put in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

F1 2017: gently caress you Tsaedje! I'M AN ADULT NOW I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!

Ok ok fine, I just started writing one out and it seems like way too much effort and I can't help but be bitter and cynical about it which no one wants to read so I'll leave it to the veterans.

edit: I have only one request, and that is that this gets added to the op:

quote:

WANTED: INFORMATION ON THE WHEREABOUTS OF THREAD REGULAR EL HEFE, come back you filthy Mexican, we love you really :ese:
(seriously, if anyone has any information on his whereabouts, let us know)

• Locked thread