Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The only question on my lips is can Baku do it again??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

The race in Baku in Azerbaijan has been moved back a week to 25 June to avoid a clash with the Le Mans 24 Hours.

Good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Singapore is probably my favorite track visually

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Skarsnik posted:

I actually got a Google news alert about this. Normally that's reserved for nuclear holocaust or David Attenborough dying

I found out because my wife texted me that the BBC pinged everyone with their news app on their phone about it.

I like Sergio Perez as a good fit for the seat as someone said before. But I don't know poo poo about contracts.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I hope Merc has the ego to give the seat to someone who was often out qualified by Rio.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

Bottas is managed by Toto Wolff.

Bottas to Mercedes, Wehrlein to Williams.

Rosberg to the beach for a year, followed by a seat in Formula E with Mercedes.

Suzie Wolff is married to Toto Wolff.....

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

Hmm... yes. Red Bull is poo poo despite taking 2nd in WCC, 3rd in WDC, and nearly 4th in WDC because

Because Ferrari found a way to be even shittier

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
List of F1 teams that aren't poo poo:
Mercedes
Force India

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
A dumpster fire with "When you then start looking at funding and racing, it becomes so expensive that no one company can put it together. So what we’ve done over the years is go down the path of different types of comparable products that sit comfortably here with a common objective. We’ve been very much focused on brands and the long-term, rather than short term as a dominant force on the car." written on the front

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That article dismissing Button as unlikely since he wants a break from F1 seems a bit presumptuous since I don't know how many drivers could pass up a super legit shot at a WDC. Maybe Button just needs a break from driving a dogshit rear end car to a DNF half the time.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nico's wife is like bottom 10 in term of F1 wags

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The real secret reason Nico is retiring is that he hasn't stopped trying to gently caress the WDC trophy since he got it

I heard his wife and parents are really concerned about him

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Paul Ricard 5 year contract starting in 2018 was officially announced today

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/french-gp-return-at-paul-ricard-confirmed-857043/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think it is more interesting that Toto said that weren't going to stick the new driver in as the #2, but again that could just be lip service.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I bet Stoffel is going to do really well with a pretty decent car and Sky will try like crazy to manufacture a Max v. Stoff rivalry

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Out of curiosity does anyone know how much Sky pays Toto and Horner to do interviews with them? Like 6 figures?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If Lewis truly loves Senna as much as he says he does then he is hopefully begging the Merc brass to go out there and get Bruno for him

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Too bad nico would quit just as he first got to the city and she would have to walk to the hospital.

There is a pretty ominous looking tree by the road in the opening shot

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm all in for the Kob

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Stopping by to add my two cents to this Claire Williams Photoshop firestorm

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Honda was basically their only option outside of Renault, who they spent half the year bitching to the press about. I think they liked Honda only to the extent that they needed an engine from someone to put into their race car.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Thanks Ants posted:

A friend of mine does social media stuff at McLaren. She seems to enjoy it.

That's my McLaren as a company opinion.

https://twitter.com/Exhaustus/status/648859967336882176

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Freaking kids and their 'hip hop' music and cell phones and WRX racing

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kids today are surprisingly alright given the state of the world. Old people (BERNIE ECCLESTONE) are the problem.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm sure all those Martini corporate big wigs are clamoring to be able to have a drink with loving Paul Di Riesta at fancy sponsor functions.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Qualifying should be determined by Hottest WAG and Social Media Presence

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

learnincurve posted:

Lewis wasn't even nominated for, or invited to, the sports personality of the year* ceremony lol

*UK's only big sports awards.

Oh no!!!!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Modern F1 is way better because Mercedes has engineered a pair of dice that has 6s or 1s on all the faces

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

Williams today announces that Pat Symonds will be stepping down from the role of Chief Technical Officer of WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING at the end of 2016.

Pat joined Williams towards the end of the 2013 Formula One season on a three-year contract, and in that time has helped oversee a strong turn around in the team’s performances on the race track, with 14 podiums secured over the past three seasons. Pat will be departing on 31st December 2016.

Claire Williams, Deputy Team Principal, said; “Pat has been a tremendous asset to this team over the past three years. Pat’s appointment was the start of a major restructuring exercise, and he has been pivotal in reshaping Williams into what is a much stronger racing team today. I would like to thank him for all of his hard work and commitment during that time. We now look to the future and will be announcing details regarding the team’s technical leadership in due course.”

Busy day at Williams

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Would love to know how much Mercedes is paying Williams for this.

quote:

An initial offer of a reduction of 10m euros (£8.4m) in their Mercedes engine bill was rejected but Williams will release Bottas for a better offer, which is expected to be close to their full engine bill of 17m euros (£14.3m).

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Francois Cevert was hot as hell

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My new year's resolution is to simply refuse to ever fade. Thanks Lewis.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

El Hefe posted:

There were so many passes in Suzuka 2005 and they were all hard fought and meant something unlike these days with DRS.

Suzuka is the best F1 track

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just want to watch without ads and I'd gladly pay a non-insane amount of money to Liberty to do. I'm worried the existing TV deals will require them to charge like $20 a race or something silly.

Also I had no idea Henno was the guy's actual name that's hilarious. When you are cutting custom intros videos featuring your real name for your illegal stream you might have a bit of an ego problem.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Norns posted:

Crofty sucks less than comercial breaks.

Yeah

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I guess some people just genuinely need a several minute break from all the white hot F1 action. Perhaps learning about what all my favorite brands are up to is a good way to cleanse my racing palate

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Get this: Instead of fuel flow limits or refueling just get two cars and make the driver jump out and switch halfway through. Pretty cool huh.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
'Flew coach one time and didn't even flip out over it' is a pretty F1ish compliment.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Probably because it is a big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Stoll beating Massa would be fairly shocking imo

• Locked thread