Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

the spyder posted:

God. loving. Dammit. I am beyond pissed. Enough so that I may take the rest of the day off just so I don't accidentally rage at my job. The worst part is it's not work related. I just got 100% hosed on a car I *was* buying by a fellow enthusiast. A local guy offered his 36k FD (RX7) to me for a smoking deal. I mean smoking. It needed some work, but nothing I couldn't handle in a few weekends of work. For some reason he also put it on CL (incase I backed out?). Literally 30 minutes ago I got the cash together and just this morning we had setup a time on Saturday to pickup the car. He just called me and let me know a "FRIEND" of mine stopped by and bought the car with cash. I can't decide who I'm more angry with, the seller (who I've been talking to for months), or this "friend" of mine that just loving stole a car out from under me. Ok, I lied. I'm definitely more pissed at the "friend". What little self restraint I have right now is stopping me from driving the three hours to his house and ripping him a new one.

This. This is why the local community is hosed. I've hooked this guy up with deals, hell the last car I COULDN'T afford I passed on to him! No wonder there's no real events or meets. Everyone has something against someone else. I give the gently caress up. There's no point in helping these people. This was a deal that will literally never happen again and due to all the personal poo poo going on right now, I really could have used the project/money. But no, just like the last few months I get hosed regardless of my intentions.

Ok, I'm going to go for a long walk and try to calm down. Excuse the rant.

Just fire them as customers/friends and don't ever work on their cars or speak to them again.

In a way it's kinda good when poo poo like that goes down because you find out who your real friends are. Losing out on a good deal is worth getting a few more idiots out of your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

gently caress Samsung. Ive had a note5 and hated it from day loving one.

Go look up cat s60.

I have an old Samsung Galaxy Player that I use strictly for music and it's pretty awesome. Got it for like 30 bucks :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

As far as Android phones, I went with a MotoG 2 after being told to get one here and it's been trouble free, fantastic camera on a phone for the price too.

Probably gonna stick with Motorola as long as i have good luck with them.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You got something against fat people jerk?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

This is why no one in the military trusts anyone. If you're honest or say one thing wrong, you get hosed.

Fixed. Been there done that, why I got out.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

This is what worries me. We had a moderate sized LG French door fridge I our old place that stayed when we sold it. It worked so well and we loved it. My parents have a ~29? Cubic foot LG that's going on 6+ years and works/looks as good as day one.

Maybe. Filtered water is the jam though and a bigger fridge is nice to have with a growing family. When we have extended family gatherings it's nice to have acres of space too.

After a couple of lovely refrigerators for us as well, (GE, Kenmore) we are seriously considering going all out and buying a Sub Zero. Yeah they are expensive as hell, but consider that they will most likely outlive you and these new garbage disposable units you would have bought in that span would end up costing more anyway.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

I dunno, my Kenmore appliances are holding up well - granted they're 15 years old. The microwave is probably going to be the first to die.

Yeah it seems like the older an appliance is, the more reliable it is. It's like all the manufacturers are conspiring against consumers with disposable crap these days. The newer computer controlled washing machines are a loving joke, good luck with all the circuit board controls, you'll have to pry my analog controlled Speed Queen from my cold dead hands.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

angryrobots posted:

I have so far had good luck with all my modern appliances.

That being said, they are a hodgepodge of brands, and models that had been available for some time and generated very good reviews.

You're lucky. My last fridge had the same circuit board go out three times at $150 a pop just for the part. After the first time I replaced it myself, otherwise I would have been raped on labor too, at which point I would have paid for the entire fridge twice over.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So I've been talking to some idiot dealer about a car im interested in a few hours south of me. I said I'm busy so I'm not sure when I'll make it down to see it. He then offers to deliver to me for $100, and I tell him I'd think about it. So the next day I call him and tell him I'd rather see it first, and that my wife has some business to attend to down there in the next few weeks and i'd just come then. Then the guy goes off on a tangent saying OH GREAT IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS MAYBE MERRY CHRISTMAS....And before I can tell him to gently caress of hes says he's just kidding.

Great way to lose a sale idiot.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus Christ his poor loving neighbors.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

I wasn't much of a fan of his music, but I respect him hugely for his talent. The man had a knack for writing super smooth pop songs and a great voice. Every song of his sounds like everything around you is suddenly super expensive and luxurious.

And honestly, can you say with a straight face that Last Christmas isn't one hell of a pop song? Sure, it's saccharine and simple-minded, and it's been overplayed to death over the last 30 years, but that's only because it's got a drat good hook and melody.

If nothing else, remember the man for helping inspire countless homosexuals to finally gather up the courage to come out to their friends and families.

E: And for the greatest designer stubble ever to grace a man's chin.

I thought Listen Without Prejudice was a pretty drat good album and I was never much of fan. Will put that album on once in awhile though, iirc he wrote and produced all the songs and played almost all the instruments himself, if that's the case he was one talented dude.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I have crohn's and certain food just fucks me up, not that I don't want to eat it, I just don't want to feel like I have a giant knife turning in my stomach.

Cole slaw is one of my favorite things to eat but even sniffing it gives me stabbing pains these days :smith:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My wife got me a Nespresso machine for christmas and it's pretty loving awesome. Best cappuccino I've ever made at home by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah it came with it, the frother is genius. I was a bit skeptical at first because I'm a cappuccino nerd and didn't think a pod machine could replicate the real deal but it does. So happy I can make a quality latte/cappuccino at home without spending a million dollars on legit grinders and espresso machines.

• Locked thread