Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Red Bones posted:

What are your 2017 video game hopes, friends?

I hope La Mulana 2 and Bloodstained come out and are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's crazy how huge that game will be when all the content is in it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Help Im Alive posted:

wish granted but 95% of the campaign is just falling through the sky waiting for shovel knight to catch you

The new Downwell expansion is pretty bad.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

For a second there I was worried battletech was being stripped of its tactical elements to become mechwarrior 5 and was real worried, but looking it up it looks like both games are coming out so that's super cool!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Harrow posted:

Well that's dumb as hell.

The game opens with her nearly dying in an avalanche, after that bit she's fine.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Lurdiak posted:

I don't care if it "makes sense with this new take on the character" or whatever. The take itself is lame. It's like if they rebooted Duke Nukem into a noodly-armed guy who's constantly screaming in terror at the aliens attacking him.

I'd play that game, it sounds like it'd be way more hilarious than whatever the hell Forever's attempts at comedy were..

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sad I missed the discourse about Metroidvanias but just wanna say everyone who hasn't played La Mulana yet absolutely should.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

corn in the bible posted:

They should play Toki Tori 2 and Wuppo

Woah Wuppo seems dope, def gettin that once my pc is fixed.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Klaus Kinski posted:

La mulana is fantastic but could use a slight rework of some of the more obscure puzzles so it's actually feasible to solve 100% solo, at least for the main path. ESA using it for the postgame was a neat middle ground.

LM devs have said they are aiming to have 2 be much less obtuse but still very challenging. If they nail it LM2 will easily be one of my favorite games ever.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Mega Man 8 Wily STage 1 is the worst levvel in mega man history.

Went to Google to find differing opinions but even before I could put anything in the search bar the words "It's true" just appeared.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Also that statement, while true, only holds if we are speaking strictly Mega Man.

Because Mega Man X7 still exists and oof.

OOF

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Gamerofthegame posted:

same but Guacamelee actually

That's another good one!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Nate RFB posted:

I played Tools of Destruction for the first time a few weeks ago, finding it just kind of OK. Definitely felt like the type of game I would have been all over when it first came out but in 2016 is just kind of a drag. That said I was toying with the idea of trying out the PS4 remake at some point, so I'd be curious as to know what's wrong with it as well.

Tools of Destruction is the worst non-spinoff one. The good ones are going commando, up your arsenal and crack in time(all of which are available on ps3 pretty cheap)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It's adapting the part that persona 4 is based on too. I'm definitely interested but the cast listing seems to indicate the movie will only cover before the main villain enters the story which is a shame because he's one of the best fictional villains of all time.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The later bits of adventure mode + the dlc are absolutely brutal.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

VideoGames posted:

Japanuary's lineup is finalised.
For Jan2017 these are the games I will be playing:

On Steam:
Cave Story+.
FF VII.
Killer is Dead.
King of Fighters XIII Steam edition.
Valkyria Chronicles.
Ys 1. (I also have the other Ys games installed in case I really enjoy this one.)

On Vita:
Persona 4 Golden.

The other Ys games outside of 1-2(which should be played together since they are super short and tell one whole story) are vastly different so you should give Oath or Origins a swing even if by the end of 2 the games didn't do much for you.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I still to this day can't believe there's a second Nier game and it looks THIS amazing. I'm fiending for my shift to end so I can try the demo.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

That one robot on the right pulling a Bart Simpson arm swing. :allears:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Who else is working on this fine Christmas Eve morning? And then again Christmas night?

:negative:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Next paycheck's gonna be fuckin out of this world tho.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Looper posted:

I'm working today but thankfully we're closed tomorrow

You getting time and a half? I'm time and a half today and double time tomorrow.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Oceanhorn is cool but it's pretty simplistic by virtue of being a phone game. What's there is solid all the way through though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Harrow posted:

Oh hey, Gravity Rush 2 comes out way sooner than I thought. Well, I'm sold on it from the demo. Anyone know if I need to play the first one for the story or not?

1 is all a bunch of set up for a mystery 2 is set to unravel so yeah you should play it.

also you should play it because its real short and reaaaaaaaaaal good.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

KingSlime posted:

too bad the battles are so slow, I kinda wanna replay it but then I remember than I haven't beat a turn based rpg in over a decade :/

E: yes that shamefully includes the renowned and incredible PS2 title, Dragon Quest VIII, which is literally a manifestation of the ideal game that I wished for as a child

One day, guv...one day

Double Edit: I loving lied, thread, I actually beat Persona 3 and 4 Golden a few years ago!

Friend did you know DQ8 was coming out for the 3ds with improved QoL features such as fast forwarded combat in less than a month!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

DQ7 3ds is good but by the original game's nature is super exhausting and slow. I'm having to take a break 75 hours in because I just need to play something a bit more varied.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

How is everyone spending the final day of this most terrible of years(except for games which were sick.)?

I'm spending it working a late shift for regular pay.

:(

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Ok 2017 can start now

I wish I liked stealth games. Hitman looks so fuckin cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Nate RFB posted:

Even just watching it is so much fun. The various Giant Bomb streams of it are a riot. So I'm glad it exists, at least.

Yeah that's how I've been enjoying it, the holiday video in particular was amazing

• Locked thread