Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

Also, I heard Wonderful Christmastime on the radio earlier.

it begins

frickin strongly dislike that song

gently caress this song and McCartney for unleashing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

ImpAtom posted:

It is a game where you play a person trapped in a mansion filled with evil monsters who want to kill you and you must solve complex and somewhat nonsensical puzzles in order to escape. Also it will probably involve the Umbrella corporation and viruses.

I'm not sure how that isn't Resident Evil?

You're not a cop/agent with a crappy gun :colbert:

Not that I mind formula change-ups. It is a bit different this time and very different from the action game style of 4-6.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
You once claimed that Super Mario Galaxy was bad, which is a very wrong opinion.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I will continue to not watch award shows ever but enjoy the gifs of ridiculous poo poo that happens.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Palpek posted:

The show with Joel McHale was art:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaCso_b_PtY

Too bad that they'll probably never allow for something like that ever again.

If Joel McHale could host every awards show complete with everyone staring into the teleprompter with a look of fear, I'd probably watch them.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
joelmchalenfreuden

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Looks like Cerny worked on it so if you want to play the next Kojima thing, it's once again PlayStation or bust.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Zelda with really bad performance probably played on a WiiU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Is it a fighting game or a VN? Or both?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Mordja posted:

Holy poo poo, they're actually making a new, singleplayer Mechwarrior game. :stare:

Be still, my beating heart.

What!

ImpAtom posted:

... Uh? What precisely there do you disagree with? Because I'm pretty sure nothing there I said actually is objectionable.

He's just being dumb. Your criticisms are pretty much right on. I'm enjoying the game a lot but it feels very much like they frankenstein'd Nomura's concepts and built a really solid openworld action RPG on top of it. The closest thing that comes to mind is XCX. Different set of problems but it's also an open world action RPG with a mish-mash of really cool stuff and really dumb issues capped by an ending that almost no one is happy with.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Oh I kickstarted that, it does look good. I
thought this was something new like a 3D shooter similar to MW2 or Mercenaries.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

StrixNebulosa posted:

I just googled in case I missed some kind of news and -

This!

Yeeeesssss

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I don't don't if the Tron Bonne game was any good but she and the ServBots were a gift to mankind from the maker of MML.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Love never bloomed on the battlefield for Solid Snake.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Quest For Glory II posted:

Blow was the worst because he didn't like that people "enjoyed" Braid. They "didn't get it"

The fun thing about enjoying Blow's games is knowing that if he knew, he'd be pissed about it. Sorry guy, you made some cool fun games and I'm going to enjoy them just to spite you.

Fish is a dick but the soundtrack for Fez is in my top 3. He did a really good job incorporating it into the game too.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Bicyclops posted:

I have been told to pick a Playstation 4 bundle that I want, aiming for closer to $400 rather than $500. Are there any recommendations? Does one maybe have the new Final Fantasy? This is hard. I had never considered that I might have a Playstation 4 before like a few weeks ago and now I don't know what I'm doing lol

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-1tb-final-fantasy-xv-limited-edition-bundle-only-at-gamestop/136015. Out of stock on the website but they might have some at nearby brick and mortars.

Alternatively buy this for $270 or a PS4 Pro and get FF15 separate. Online places are actually regularly selling out of the PS4 for the holidays I guess, that's kind of nuts.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
We need a think tank to analyze the data and maybe figure this one out. Way outside my pay grade.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

I meant in the sense that bell peppers have no capsaicin, sorry, I don't know anything about what genus they belong to

Bell peppers are indeed capsicums like jalapenos, habaneros, ghost peppers, etc. All new world peppers come from the same few related plant species.

The more you know.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

Tekken 7 is gonna be awesome. i hope we get a launch date soon

I'm have to dust off my old Hwoarang leftkick rightkick skills so I can kick online butt.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
With Shantae, it doesn't bug me because it's thematic as she has a definite belly dancer vibe, and that's a real thing that I've seen a ton of times since it's my part of the culture I came from. With boob ninjas, it's always felt weird since ninjas and assassins aren't famous for their sex appeal except Matahari, who was a belly dancer.

I still play the boob ninja games though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Oh yeah a key belly dancer thing is they never get naked. It's all about sexy dancing. And yeah, Shantae is straight up dressed like a belly dancer.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The stripping was kinda weird in Akiba's Trip even if it was part of the original design (and name) if only because I think the main appeal of fighting supernatural stuff in an even nuttier Akihabara is a cool idea in itself and didn't seem like it needed that stuff.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 11, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Captain Invictus posted:

THIS IS HOW YOU PIZZA

STEAK TIPS. GRILLED CHICKEN. BACON. BARBECUE SAUCE. EXTRA CHEESE. GO.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Jesus Christ.

Gotta have my pizza Neapolitan style, with grana cream, ricotta, mozzarella, and prosciutto.

Yeah like this

Also good is chicken and pesto.

These are pro-tier pizzas

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

LawfulWaffle posted:

The first four times you think, "boy, Chapter 13 has to be wrapping up soon," you're going to be wrong. I'm eager to read your thoughts when you finish it.

The chapter so bad that the first thing Tabata says they're going to do in patches is make it "fun to play."

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
If you're excited for Kingdom Hearts 3, don't miss Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Edition!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
If Squadron 42 was release and was a good game, I would not complain. I am doubtful however. It was supposed to come out in 2014 I think.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
And a merry Final Kwanzacy

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Phantasium posted:

Man it'd be nice if they stopped doing that.

I have to wonder if they're already doing that with the "gameplay previews" of FF7R.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I don't want to rehash Pacific Rim talk, but I think the one Del Toro movie that doesn't get enough love is Hellboy 2. It was visually stunning, pulled off a really neat secret world vibe, and had a decent story. It ranks over Pan's Labyrinth and PacRim for me personally.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Children cower in the face of Chill Penguin.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I played probably 200 hours of Dota back when it was still a WC3 custom map. The main appeal to mobas is that it is a team objective game but instead of being a first person shooter, you control your dude like a Warcraft 3 hero and level them up like an RPG and get them equipment. And there are like a hundred of them each with their own abilities and all the abilities look neat.

And then you get into some big dumb argument with your friends and no one talks to each other for months because of "laning" or "jungling" or some stupid poo poo no sane person should get into a fight with their friends about.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
It takes different strokes and mobas cause strokes, checks out

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Ostentatious posted:

playing star wars racer on the dreamcast

good game

The one on N64 was better, play that one.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

or maybe front mission evolved? i heard they turned that series into an ac clone.

FM: Evolved is so boring and bland that I am pretty certain the people who worked on it weren't even excited about making it. There is nothing very fun about it and it makes no interesting use of giant mechs. It remains the most boring game I actually played to completion.

:yeah:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Looper posted:

I feel this way about books but not any other media for whatever reason

Books have that paper smell I like. Also when I feel like completely unplugging for a few days, books are the perfect companion.

That said, when it comes to games and movies, I've embraced the all-digital future. I haven't bought a physical copy of anything for nearly 3 years. It genuinely really helps save space in my small apartment.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
It was totally solid, yeah. It was a good Star Wars movie and even had cool new places that aren't desert planets!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
If you think of Tidus as having high-functioning autism, his narration makes a lot more sense. It's always him realizing something going on emotionally that the player easily understood an hour or more earlier. Also it completely fails to make use of the basic function of narrative where it can foreshadow things that will happen later.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Once you get the job, degree ain't matter. My degree is in psych but I've been a software engineer for 7 years so no one even looks at my education anymore. I'm also glad I studied psych for other reasons. Sam Jackson wasn't in Shawshank though.

corn in the bible posted:

repetitive and easy

Agreed. I've played musou with samurai, giant robots, Zelda, and Dragon Quest and have become convinced that there is no layer of paint they can drop on those games that makes them interesting to me.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 19, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Andrast posted:

That really depends on your degree and where you want to work. Some areas and jobs just require a relevant degree.

Well yeah, if you want to be a scientist or a nurse or a doctor or a lawyer or something like that, you're going to need the degree.

Unrelated - the switch thread is treat today if you're into lots of angry video game posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

haveblue posted:

Not gonna read that thread, what exactly is wrong with the switch

The cpu and gpu are severely underclocked to meet battery/heat requirements. Not that big a deal other than 3rd party support continuing to be sort of lackluster but it means switch games will probably not look much better than wii u games. Of course, it will be the only thing that will play Nintendo games so it always has that.

I mean, unless you really want to play crappy Mario/Pokemon games on smart phones.

• Locked thread