Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hard posted:

I tried stopping them i swear.

You can prove it by getting it patched back in as an option to toggle on/off.

Also where is my non lethal fuze charge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

That's a feature. ;)

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Mileage may vary in that case.

It also really depends on your team being able to take that advantage and use it.

Nearly every time we get an interrogation it either ends the game or significantly turns the tide in our favor.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Case in point:

https://streamable.com/8jt5

I wish silent step didn't have it's own special sound effect that dims out your own audio; it's sort of hard to gauge what sound you're actually making while silent stepping.

Another, more recent, example including you claiming its not gonna help :P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FjVWuR6mwg

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

Clown masks are whether you like em or not an assumed feature and weirdly enough, not a bug.

Listen man Raptor legs was not a bug.

Have you never heard of a little thing called emergent gameplay?

Jeez cmon mr game dev.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

Ugh this struck a nerve. Hope it was worth it assholes.

e: You took this picture in October 2016 and still wave it around? Dang.

You deserve this one.

Say while you are "in the mood" might I bring your attention to this lovely garbage person?

I'm not sure I even understand some of these insults but MEMES ya'll.

Seriously while I don't know how much you guys actually look at the report flags on players I'd love for a racist behavior flag to be added.

That kind of poo poo, unfortunately, happens way too often.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

Are you just digging up old pictures since i'm triggered or did this happened recently?

As for the report i'll repeat it once more, i know the tool is vague as gently caress but enough tickets on the same account and they'll have a look at it. You might not believe me when i say this but battleye isn't loving around.
Someones acting like a dick? Report him to battleye, even if hes not cheating.

I know you don't get that sweet justice of public execution and you don't get to see his dumbfounded loving face when he tries to log in only to get greeted by a ban screen but be the bigger man, report him, trust the system and move on.

This happened same day I posted it.

Listen man I believe you when you say battleye doesn't gently caress around mostly because the people I've reported have magically stopped reporting to the siege stats sites. :)

But for this guy specifically I was going through the process of censoring the chat so I could post our guys ACE on his team when I saw your response to Jones.

If you'd prefer this kind of stuff not be brought to your attention I'm happy to just send the reports into battleye and let them do their thing.

Can't blame ya for not wanting to have to look at that kind of garbage cause I definitely don't.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

<3 Hard.

*EDIT*

/brownnose

Thanks for all you do man.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 19, 2017

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

You gotta be nice to Hard every now and then.

You beat a hooker too much they'll eventually go to the police.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

We started the night against two completely savage teams.

When we got this group they were all low level so naturally we assumed they were smurfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABXHNg73OE

Conclusion: not smurfs.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard fix your game or I take back all the nice things I ever said about you.

*EDIT*

I'll chargeback all 500 dollars worth of skins.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 24, 2017

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT-aio7YdbE

Dropping in that skylight really really shouldn't have worked.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Luminaflare posted:

Why Recruit?

As others have mentioned versatility is the main reason you'd take it.

Think about how annoying Ash is. Now imagine if there was Ash + 4 other people just as fast with the same laser accurate gun and they have frags.

This style of strat is not the slow play style, it's very much a "we know where they are so let's zerg the point" kind of strat.

Also for the longest time we had this guy we'd play with called Saucy that would religiously run the 870 and do really well with it. So over time we'd come to call that the "Saucy Special" and use it as an all out rush tactic.

Amusingly if you say "it's time to Saucy Special" with him in the room half the time he has no idea what we are talking about.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Sent you a PM polka.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

The invite link in the Op for discord has been fixed now.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I agree with giving recruits 2 reinforcements but really disagree with letting them have attachments.

Some of the Ops are so annoying to fight just one of and the idea of having to deal with multiple slightly handicapped versions of those Ops doesn't sound fun.

I also think it would encourage a lone wolf style of play that really has no place in Siege outside of the classes that are meant for roaming.

Unless...

Unless there was a recruit only mode. Siege boiled down to the meat and potatoes sounds really interesting.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

The Duggler posted:

Iron sights are more than usable though??

Yeah seriously.

I get that some guns have really poo poo irons but then why are you not just using the Op that gets that gun anyway?

And if the answer is someone picked it already well it's time to learn a new class.

Doesn't help the team at all if you are the sickest Ash player and suck at everything else.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

This is called custom game Realistic.

Bonus if all 10 players are in the same voice channel.

Yeah well I don't feel like setting up a custom game Hard!

gently caress!

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Yeah it was never really about "he's hard to play" more so that they just straight up made him easier to play. His debuff definitely made him worse but even in the state he is now he's a lot more powerful than he was before just because you get a continuous ping now.

Personally I find Pulse players are at their best when they are in full information mode and just hanging back.

It's not glamorous work but it's what wins games.

I get the temptation to roam though since you basically have a wall hack at your disposal but granting that same wall hack to your team while on an objective just seems like a better use of his bullshit gadget. :P

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

keyframe posted:

Hard seriously where the gently caress are my elite skins? You guys really dropped the ball on this.

As keyframe and myself have spent enough money on Siege skins to fund Year 2 I believe that makes us Honorary Executive Producers for Siege.

And as our first act we are demanding you put more Elite Skins in the game.

Then fix your game Hard.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

Just came back from the Invitational venue.

It's gonna be pretty dope.

Have your thing in Vegas next time like all good self respecting pro leagues gosh.

(I wanted to go but couldn't get my passport sorted in time....)

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

lohli posted:

When you want to not be a huge fat slow piece of garbage.

Does he get speed 1 with the shield on or is he even slower?

I believe he's actually slower.

Taking nerfed blackbeard is still viable as you'll post likely win most/all peek fights.

Yes he's a slow piece of poo poo with a shield that dies very fast, but you're also likely a piece of poo poo for taking him in the first place. (I'm looking at you Duggler and myself.)

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Is this a list of confirmed bugs and you are voting to figure out which one you are gonna fix?

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

But when are you guys going to buff Tachanka?

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

This Hibana breaching from spawn is kinda nuts.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

"The original Blitz... and I'm sure the fans are going to freak out about this... The original Blitz was an attacker that spawned during the prep phase."

HARD BUFF BLITZ.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Man the spectator cams are super nice.

Hard what are the chances of us getting a proper replay feature so we can take advantage of some of these cameras for clips?

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I know this is Siege thread but I'm sure there are a fair amount of people checking out the Wildlands Beta this weekend.

Here's some highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UddhCKgY0s

Hard fix this game.

Now back to Siege...

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Got yourself a regular jones there I see.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I probably shouldn't be surprised given the free weekend just ended and we likely have a new batch of garbage people.

And yet there I sat just so massively disappointed as this WAS a good round until they went and ruined it.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

Your brain is programmed to see patterns where there isn't.

This guy isn't new though.

Lemme rephrase:

I don't know what it is about free weekends that causes people to turn into garbage people.

Like they suddenly think OH NEW PLAYERS TIME TO BE HUGE ASSHOLES AND DRIVE AWAY THE NEW PLAYER BASE CAUSE IM SO GOOD AT THIS GAME /fart.

That + any new players that stick around who are also horrible racist poo poo bags, but mostly the first thing.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Gonna change my uplay nick to IceOlbermann and just respond to all these people with "Resist! Peace! ^5"

Though that might trigger them more.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hey Hard,

Suggesting youtube user CoreRoss for a link on the OP.

He's been producing some great Siege content lately.

I'd say he's more content review as he tends to focus on "mythbusting" and coming up with tactics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgsMCQRyBcg For his latest Jackal video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCroEhhw0FYTT-UfQKwV3Ipw His main channel.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard, not sure if bug.

But this seems like a really hosed up thing to do.

And you can get the shield even closer if you put the shield up first before doing the reinforcements and mirror.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 12, 2017

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

The Duggler posted:

It would be cool to have the option to have operators speak in their native languages.

Maybe I've been playing too much xcom

My immersion.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Ignored Siege to complete Zelda.

Checking with my sources I can confirm Siege is still GOTY.

Largely because of poo poo like this happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll2bg6bHow8

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Buff Castle by giving him the ability to limbo under the doorway castle panels at full running speed.

TIA.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Do you have a loving spreadsheet of all your streamables so you can respond at a moment's notice with the appropriate link?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

except with a Castle door

Just so you know this is exactly what I was thinking of when I typed my initial limbo castle comment.

Great Beer posted:

I wonder if castle would be better if his doors only covered half of the doorway. You could set it low to block drones and force the enemy to vault over them (like people do with deployable shields) or you could set it high and make them crouch their way in if they dont have any way to take down the barricade. It would certainly make them less susceptible to getting Fuzed.

That's a pretty cool idea actually.

Not to backseat game dev too much here but after seeing Mira and seeing her windows be able to cross over multiple panels it'd be cool if you could just control the placement a bit more beyond "this replaces the standard wood panel".

Like you could push it all the way to the floor but now there is a space at the top of the door where frags/flash/smoke/drones could be thrown through. You could also safely walk up to the door and destroy it without someone shooting your feet.

Or if there is enough wall space above the door/window you could place it higher up on the wall and make a little murder line or crawl hole.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Finlands Sexiest posted:

Is there any site where I can check if this cool nick guy N1gg3r_lynch3r has been banned? I know I should just report and move on with my life but I can't

No, but you can use https://www.r6db.com/ to check their previous player names if they are one of those folks that like to use multiple lovely names a night to get a rise outta people.

Just report in game and move on or if you want to take it a step further you can send a report to Battleye.

You're never going to get that satisfaction of seeing the ban dealt anyway so there is no sense in getting burnt up by it.

Like Hard has said multiple times in the thread(s), just report em and trust in the system.

• Locked thread