Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I usually play a pointman role. And yeah some sights are relatively fine but I'm already used to iron sight aiming so I just stick to it.

tl;dr of this whole convo: I'm a weirdo and I like it that way.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Griffball posted:

Has Hard fixed his game yet?

Nope.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Nickname Pending posted:

I'm surprised this game doesn't have some Israeli Special Forces operators yet.

Probably a political can of worms Ubi would rather avoid.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It's not like the nation has much to do with what the characters do at this point

The thing is that people go full retard at the mere sight of an Israeli flag. Easier to just avoid that whole mess.

In terms of racism though, I just got done playing the Rising Storm 2 beta and forgot how entrenched racism is in that whole franchise. I would like for Siege to remain as apolitical and racismless as possible. Clans having racist name gimmicks is already enough as it is.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Maybe the game is popular in poland

Yeah there seems to be a lot of Polish PC gamers, or atleast a [PL] clan that plays a whole lot of PC games. :v:

Infact one of my favourite RO1 mods is completely dead except for a group of Poles that still play it every other friday.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

He has the best ability in the game, which is to equip the MAC11.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Lately I've been having a lot of issues of crashing when trying to load into a level. I always had some sort of big hitch on first load in but it usually came out alright, now like half the time it just crashes out instead.

Hard pls.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Orv posted:

Except Siege's network issues have gotten progressively worse from launch to now. It's really kind of astonishing because the game played like rear end in the early semi-public tests, then ran incredibly well at launch, and since then has just gotten worse and worse with reg, animation sync and various bugs that in a game like Siege make certain things basically impossible. If taking a working game and making it garbage has ever been done before so thoroughly, I'd be very surprised.

Funny because a lot of people feel the opposite in the grand scheme of things.

It goes back and forth, there's good patches and bad patches.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

Keep playing Zelda.

Pretty much this.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Vatek posted:

Does anyone actually care about points and MVP for anything other than challenges?

Peep my kdr bruh.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

CJ posted:

Is there champ lore in this game? Someone in my game was adamant that Frost is a MtF trans.

Yeah everyone that preordered got a manga.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hey Hard, fix your game.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Basticle posted:

This glans update has been hands down the most frustrating thing to play against since the game came out.

Reminder that Blackbeard's shield used to have 300 hp or something insane. And that semi-automatic shotguns used to be best at long range OHKs.

The Glaz buff is super dumb and unnecessary, like the whole Pulse buff situation, but it's not the worst thing they've put out.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

The shield had 800 HP.

Hard pls.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Basticle posted:

You could also flank Blackbeard

And you can't Glaz?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Basticle posted:

Uh not when he's sniping outside :confused:

:psyduck:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Its hard to flank people when going outside means your position gets revealed :v:

You guys realize Glaz can be used indoors and Blackbeard can be used outdoors as well, right?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Basticle posted:

Yeah and Blackbeard can't see thermal vision people through smoke and tiny holes with a huge scope. Stop being dumb.

You were arguing that Glaz is the most frustrating part of this game since launch, when there was a time when Blackbeard could park himself on a window and have 800 hp to protect his head.

I can't even.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Jesus Christ.

Basticle argued that current Glaz is worse than old Blackbeard. He argued that you can just flank Blackbeard. You can out flank Blackbeard if he's inside, if he's outside he is much harder to flank. His argument that you can't out flank Glaz is because he's outside.

How is this so difficult to understand.

Ironically Glaz's buff seems to mostly help when he's pushing the objective, inside.

ten_twentyfour posted:

It's almost as if everyone that posts in this thread is bad at this game (except Para and Hard) and has no idea what they're talking about

I'll fully admit that I am bad at video games but this sort of mental gymnastics is just mind boggling.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 21, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Insert name here posted:

Speaking of, what attachments should I run on guns in general?

Also is there a strategy to using Sledge's hammer for maximum effeciency or should I just run around and DYNAMIC ENTRY my way into as many rooms as possible?

Jehde posted:

It comes down to personal preference and specific weapons, but a couple rules of thumb I follow:

All pistols get suppressors to take out gadgets more discretely, except shield operators get muzzle brakes or compensators since they're loud as hell anyways. Shields also get laser pointers for the same reason, otherwise yea don't bother with lasers.

Primaries I'll only single shot with (FAL, HK417, etc) get a muzzle brake, primaries I'll mostly be spraying with (LMGs, etc) get compensators, but most weapons I try to do control bursts with so they all get flash hiders.

Vertical foregrips are for babies that can't handle recoil, angled foregrip is always useful especially when going up against operators like Ash.

Any sort of sight attachment just fucks with your peripheral vision so I stick to iron sights, but ACOGs are especially bad since all they do is narrow your FOV and give you tunnel vision.

Every gun gets the most colourful skin available and the unicorn charm, or the chibi drumstick.

Although most people aren't comfortable with iron sights, so I'll let them chime in with whatever the latest and greatest is for reflex sights.

The best way to play sledge is to roleplay Jack Nicholson from The Shining.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Koramei posted:

Wait, is there actually a difference in how they shoot? Or just that you find it feels better to use them?

Shotguns are the only weapons I don't use a sight with.

I think he's talking about the laser.

I still go without because the idea of something giving away my position constantly would drive me nuts.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Looks like an Echo that fortified himself well in the bathroom on Penthouse.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Any Glaz buff is fuckin dumb.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Attack: Thatcher, Thermite, Capitao, Buck
Defense: Pulse, Smoke, Jaeger, Rook

All the operators I have more than 10 hours in each, ordered by total playtime. I don't play Pulse nearly as much since the dumb as hell buffnerfbuff, but I still pull him out the odd time.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

So what's the gooncenus on Mira? She a cool cutie who I wanna play but I'm not exactly sure how to go about placing those wall mirrors but then again I'm not back home for another month so :v:

Mira is super situational, some spots she's good, some spots she's useless. I've had the best luck trying to find a spot where I can hunker down and use the mirrors to gain visual angles, while still having the freedom to shift that visual angle into a shoot-through-walls angle. Usually having a mirror directly in the objective pointing out is bad, they'll just pop it and use it against you.

An example: Say it's secure on House in kid's bedroom, I like to hunker down in construction, have a mirror looking over west stairwell and then a mirror overlooking the rest of the foyer/master bedroom+bathroom, both reinforced with no reinforcements around them so I can shoot around them. That way I can cover foyer stairs, master bedroom, bathroom, and west stairs.

The hardest part of playing Mira is yelling at teammates not to reinforce right beside your mirror.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Video games aren't for having fun, they're for WINNING.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

ItheWelp87 posted:

And then he beats his chest

I think the point is hitting the armour rather than beating his chest.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that a real skyscraper level would be cool and the map designers are super lame for throwing another culturally themed restaurant at us instead?

It was a super lame cop out and 100% a waste of the name, contrary to what Hard said, but the map that came out of it was pretty alright so meh. Just wish it was called Penthouse or something to free up Skyscraper name for a real skyscraper map.

AnElegantPeacock posted:

If I remember correctly there was a theme park in the Original Rainbow Six game and in the novel. It was set in an adventure style ride so think of something like Jurassic Park the ride. Lots of tight corridors and catwalks. Could be pretty rad.

There was also the World Park incident in Spain in the book. Basque separatists took hostage of a group of kids and held them inside a fake castle in the middle of the park.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Loopoo posted:

I'm sitting on a whopping 40k renown and I can't do poo poo with it. I've got all operators, AFAIK I can't unlock skins with this. Is there a way to gift it to a friend, or buy an operator for him? Poor guy is grinding his rear end off trying to get the new season operators, and I'm poo poo outta luck when it comes to helping him.

You can unlock skins with it. Go on a fashion shopping spree.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard, why did you let starter edition become a thing?

Edit: Also, why did you let Glaz buff become a thing?

Jehde fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 25, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Mute is still great even if they have a Thatcher if you can keep drones from getting eyes on the target room.

Anytime I try to do this I'll race to set down jammers for every way in, then right when I'm sprinting to put the last one down, all the drones will just zoom past me as they all come in from the last way in. I just accept that I will forever be bad at Mute.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Coil reference.

I'm mostly interested about the inclusion of a Walther MP in a video game.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I didn't even bother with the Frost challenge because I don't play video games anymore, because they're for nerds, but the obvious solution is to make it so that you get a recruit for DLC CTUs whenever you buy any operator from the CTU. That way it still incentivizes spending your clancybux on DLC operators, while allowing for DLC CTU challenges without them being a clusterfuck.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Glaz is fine. It's the people that like to play him that are broken.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard, have you fixed your game yet?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Thief posted:

@Hard - i fixed the molokai skins:

inform Mr. Clancy that i accept cash or paypal

What's changed about it?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Used a proxy to vote for every one except Rainbow 6.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

afkmacro posted:

I use neither and play without ever speaking to anyone because people rage really hard when you don't listen to their commands.

He's right there!! Shoot! He's right there!! OMG!! GO!!! BEHIDN YOU!!! NHGNGNGNGNGNNG!! RETARDDD!!! HHNNGNGNGN!

Discord goons are usually chill and just laugh if poo poo goes south.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Operation health has done wonders for siege chats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Yeah sometimes 3 barricades aren't enough to block off the objective room completely

Also re: racist chat

Join discord, you will never be totally isolated from ignorance and bigotry but your odds are somehow pretty good with goons. It's typically friends of goons that are the worst offenders and they don't last long before https://www.twitch.tv/TheIceOrb gives them the boot.

IceOrbTV (please remember to like and subscribe) is probably the worst offender in the group tbh.

• Locked thread