Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

XK posted:

Cloud is dumb buzzword bullshit, except for the server virtualization stuff (which is really awesome), the only actually cool and good thing about cloud. All the rest is bog standard co-location datacenter stuff. I remember when cloud was going to fix everything for XBox One.

I can't wait for Amazon to "mesh" servers for his instances.

What the hell happened to all the in-house mocap stuff they had as a stretch goal? Didn't they buy 4 studios worth, or some poo poo?

I forgot about that cloud nonsense. Isn't Crackdown the first game to use it beyond dedicated servers? Is that game ever coming out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

The guy who strems star citizen for a living is socially retarded. surprise surprise.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

scrubs season six posted:

I think it looks like a second, lower belly button.

i think it's probably indistinguishable from all the dimples and creases on his disgusting body.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

XK posted:

Anybody else been thinking about this?

I don't personally want to rape babies and slaughter the elderly but I reckon it ought to be possible in the bdsse.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

scrubs season six posted:

Well, that's your choice, but it will limit the number of orgs that you'll find acceptable.

I'll be the one that mixes the drinks while you and xk rape the babies.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Codependent Poster posted:

I really want to point a gun at a baby. Anybody else thinking about this?

I wouldn't point a gun at the baby but I'll serve it mixed drinks until it's little baby brain explodes.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

ArfJason posted:

Let me see if I understood. The only reason it's not creepy and hosed up to choose to search out personal information on someone and repost it for others, is because it's easy?

I don't know what possessed you to start this boring gimmick, but it got old faster than the "call your parents" thing. please seek help.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

What does the /s mean? Sincerely?

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

hanales posted:

Closing your sarcasm tag.

I know. I was being facetious. gently caress you Tijuana Bibliophile.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
people who own gamin' rigs disgust me.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Is this guy expecting a big boom in 100m+ budget high-fidelity life-replacers after SC comes out? Pretty sure PC games are doing okay.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
What's the latest on sad seal guy? Is he in jail yet?

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

trucutru posted:

For me, more than a kiddy diddler (innocent until proven guilty and all that poo poo), he's an incredibly incompetent film director. I mean Crobberts has a better idea on how to direct a scene.

directing films is easy.

*waves hands while Gary Oldman looks in disgust*

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

trucutru posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbNh8Z-ILcI

watch that and come back to tell me again it's easy.

after the :gary: speech, this actually looks pretty well done to me.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

AP posted:

Also get a refund.

Better to save the jpgs to sell on the gray market. All of these limited edition jpgs are gonna pay off big time eventually.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Nicholas posted:

I don't think there will ever be legal action. The casuals will simply move on from a failed kickstarter. The hardcore whales who go down with the ship will claim that they got their moneys worth, funded a dream, let CIG produce tech that could be licensed out in the future (lol), or some how saved the PC industry from certain death.

There might be a small subset of big spenders who wanted a refund but didnt request it in time.

I dunno, it's hard for me to believe that the whales who spent 10k+ will "go down with the ship" as you say.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
~400 to play Zelda seems like a good deal compared to 1000's for a broke-rear end pre-pre-pre-alpha and some space jpgs.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
That's our Big Benny! I was worried that he might start focusing on self-improvement after leaving.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Mangoose posted:

I wonder how many conflicted nerds got a refund to afford to play the new Zelda.

I doubt they care. Not nearly enough fidelity. I can't even see the pores on Link's face when I zoom in.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

TheAgent posted:

ME:A in a week

someone come shoot aliens with me on multiplayer

someone post that silly disarm gif.

Seriously though, Peebee... WTF.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

TheAgent posted:

game gonna be bad

no fidelity whatsoever.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
75 Metacritic. I told you guys this game was gonna suck. Back to the dream.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
didn't this guy get arrested for jerking it in a movie theater?

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Zzr posted:

Me this year. Noone caught me for the moment.

You really have to go out of your way to get caught. Maybe that's the point?

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

peter gabriel posted:

if they are spaceship in space why are they flying in formation at all? couldn't they just, you know, float there in space?

"If a nipple jet goes off in port Olisar and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" is a philosophical thought experiment that raises questions regarding observation and knowledge of reality.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
am I the only one who sees the parallels between Chris Roberts and Jesus Christ?

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Hobold posted:

In that they're both held up as idols and saviors when the whole thing is bullshit, hand waving, and lies?

I meant that they were both born in a manger, but this works too.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
I've been busy earning my doctorate so I missed alpha 3.0. Is alpha 4.0 out yet? Is Sandi a superstar yet? Has sad seal guy killed himself yet? Has Ben learned how to use the espresso machine yet?

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Warhawk109 posted:

So I ordered a bunch of walden farms salad dressing, BBQ sauce, chip dip, and ketchup. All zero calorie sauces. Anyone else tried them?

0 calories? Are all of these sauces just bottles of water?

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Warhawk109 posted:

Only dressing I ordered this time around was chipotle ranch. Also ordered the hickory BBQ, hot & spicy BBQ, french onion/blue cheese/bacon dips, and ketchup.

All of these are 0 cal? I want to see the nutrition info. That's some loving witchcraft.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
I'm about to go to my first AA meeting at 6:15am here. After considering buying a Star Citizen ship I realized it was time to seek help. Wish me luck goons.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Xaerael posted:

Cheers!

Never to completion. I started learning 3D modelling for precision animatronic stuff (because large custom animatronic eyes are hard to make without, and I was doing a project that needed eyes with a huge diameter), but because I'm super fussy and need to be at every stage of the process, and access to high end printers is pretty much impossible to get unless you're part of a university or company which owns one, it never progressed beyond modelling. :barf: to say it, but I needed the ~~fidelity~~. That project's been on ice for about 6 years now, though I learned a new technique that might pass as a solution.

Just use Agisoft with 100 close-up pictures of the person's eyes. They won't animate, but they'll be super fidelicious.

Edit; wow, bitcoins are still relevant?

HoneyBakedMAN fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 7, 2018

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/jul/20/no-mans-sky-next-hello-games-sean-murray-harassment-interview

'He is reluctant to relive the particulars of what happened in the weeks and months following No Man’s Sky’s release in August 2016 (“I find it really personal, and I don’t have any advice for dealing with it,” he says), but it involved death threats, bomb threats sent to the studio and harassment of people who worked at Hello Games on a frightening scale. They were in regular contact with Scotland Yard and the Metropolitan police. “We didn’t talk about it, but it was as bad as things can get, basically,” Murray says. “There’s a smorgasbord of things that the angry mob can do. It is a crowdsourced thing of how bad you can make someone’s life.'

I think things can get worse.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
This is a sad state of affairs. Hopefully Citizen Con won't suffer too much because the people who crowdfunded the game weren't willing to crowdfund the promotional event for the game they crowdfunded.

crowdfund.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

The Titanic posted:

:lol:

"Guys... can't anybody think of any kind of generic fantasy stuff?!?!!"

"Oh I got it!!! How about elllll- uh... zz?"

"God dammit. Somebody see if that masterpiece of fantasy Kingdoms of Amalor is-"

*phone rings*

"What the... who got this number? Hello?? Who is this? Rhode Island? You heard what? Yes... yes! It's exactly what we needed!"

*slams phone down*

"Gentleman! Our generic fantasy world is saved! Try to think no more about whatever it is those guys with pointy ears and also the short guys may need to be! Thank you Salvatore!"

It's seriously crazy that they thought it was worth buying the Kingdoms of Amalur IP. Just copy LotR or GoT like everyone else. They're literally flushing money down the toilet.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So CIG trying to license their poo poo to other markets, particularly Asia because its like the only market they haven't tapped yet. Yeah thats going to work great with China now that they are cracking down on corporations bringing in new games to the market and severely limiting the amount of time people can put into games in the first place.

Its also going to work great in korea et al where the PC gaming market is incredibly hard to penetrate and most people playing in cafes instead of their homes

Both which usually have a pay by the hour thing, and its going to be great paying for like 3 hours of time to get like 10 minutes of gameplay out of it

Do you have a link describing the stuff about China? That sounds crazy. Particularly limiting the time people can play. Or do you mean limiting the time employees can work on games?

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

Sometimes it hits me: these people believe that they will be playing a video game in which Earth will be a fully fleshed-out, navigable world. Earth. But then, they believe that this Earth will be just one planet in one system, and that there will be 100 systems, each with planets at least the size of Earth, and at least some of them just as populated.

Also moons.

And Earth.

I haven't been following development closely (been too busy spreading FUD). Are they seriously planning on accurately modeling earth, our solar system and 100 other solar systems? Why aren't there 100 other galaxies? You guys need to step up your funding!

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

The Titanic posted:

I.. I'm not even sure who they are! Are they bad tier waifus? I'm sure it was either this or some high quality hentai sex on a slowly sinking ship! :dogtits:

"Use the power of your breasts to keep the sip afloat, Mina-San!"

"I-I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" :sureboat:

You clicked this hoping for hentai girls keeping a ship afloat with their tits. +10 depravity for you!

+10 depravity for me. For what it's worth, I think your anime girls are cute.

https://www.rsiupdates.com/citizencon

It's coming. I can't wait to see all the new gameplay footage and cinematics. I just hope that the lack of willingness to crowdfund the event doesn't hurt it :(

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Grubby Hobo posted:

You will be able to land your ship outside your own house or apartment and walk in and see yourself playing the game.

Will I be able to peep on my hot neighbor and touch myself without facing stimperial consequences?

Seriously though, people's expectations for this game are totally bouncing off the walls crazy, especially considering what scant results we've seen so far from the most open development ever. There's no way in hell the citizens will be satisfied, even if CIG manages to release a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Bayonnefrog posted:

I seriously doubt Sandi has any degrees at all. At most probably the one from the school in Australia she claims. Not the two or three claimed from UCLA. Maybe attended never graduated. She acts and talks like a fake navy seal to me.

Wouldn't this be incredibly easy to find out? I can type the name of my dissertation in google and find it easily. I've also heard of journalists contacting universities to verify the credentials of famous people. Why isn't DSmart on this yet?

I remember a hilarious interview where someone asked her what was the topic of her marketing thesis and she said 'um...international marketing' or something vague and stupid like that. Anyone who's actually been through the hell of writing a thesis/dissertation would be eager to go into some detail about what they worked on.