Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

Thanks. I was probated, so I couldn't answer.

You don't know then.

I'll take a stab in the dark and say crobbers contribution to Freelancer was approx gently caress all beyond some frantic hand waving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

You should spend all the money you save skimping on quality components to spend on 144hz IPS panels so that you can really experience the input delays.

He says nobody can tell the difference over 60 FPS, but also you should invest in a 144Hz panel?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Wonder how that Skarp magic razor's backers are doing?

Well, pretty great I think, all things considered

Hey that reminds me...how are things going over at the Star Citizen KS page...

Last update was 7th April 2013, about getting a crossbow in SC if you backed Shroud of the Avatar.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

toanoradian posted:

If you want to talk about trump please use Star Citizen analogies and metaphors

Trump's ludicrous hair and face looks like a star citizen commando glitching out. At the inauguration he's going to shoot off into the air with his nipple jets.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

BigMouthSingers posted:

Just watching ATV.

What I heard so far:

DLLs are isolated and has no way to share data across systems
Animations and AI code does not communicate
Mission editor does not exist
Subsumption is proving to be very memory intensive

Ho Lee Cow.

Can't wait for Refactored Citizen 3.0

Haha wow.

No mission editor? Was it Ben who said he'd played through a bunch of SQ42 missions?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

No you see, Ben said he hadn't because he didn't want to spoil it for himself. Tyler didn't make the same claim, which made Reddit proclaim the game must be like weeks off

Perhaps the subsumption AI is so advanced they don't need a mission editor. The NPCs come up with their own missions, including creating their own cut scenes and voice acting. Truly crobber is a visionary.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I enjoyed momas post about how refunds don't have to happen legally, they just do it to be nice.

Post more like that moma, it was hilarious.

Also still waiting for you to show what work crobber actually did on Freelancer.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

They deserve what they're going to get (nothing).

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Moma what do you think about the fact that CIG has admitted that years down the line they've not even finished making the tools to let them begin prototyping the AI. Does this fill you with confidence and make you feel as if that 8k was a worthwhile investment.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

Difference is that I can take my character, leave the ship and walk right unto a space station immediately after landing. What happens in E:D? You just "transfer" to another ship?

He's got a point fellas. Who cares if there's gently caress all actual game in star citizen and if it's buggy and ugly and boring. Can you get out of the ship in Elite? Don't think so.

Let's hope Frontier never lets you do that like they've talked about eh.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

a company making a revolutionary game?

Wow that sounds great when do you think they'll start working on that??

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

The Titanic posted:

The fidelity of my office transcends timelines.

These are loving hideous and no doubt stupidly expensive so we can expect them to become the standard CIG office chairs any day now.

If a peon is caught trying to leave before 11pm or falls asleep at their desk Sandi hits a red button marked LEAVERS to eject them out of the building.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

biglads posted:

There are no fries, "piled high" or otherwise.

A shameful doob

The fries just plum give out

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sappo569 posted:

I'm glad the Doobie saga is still alive in our hearts

Let the kids!!!..... have their space game!

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Daztek posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda is fun

Yes in spite of all the characters running like rubber legged spazzes and the writing being astoundingly awful and the game throwing a billion and one things at you and expecting you to navigate incomprehensible menus, there is fun to be had in there. It's quite amazing though, there have been several articles published this week telling you how to avoid all its annoying poo poo and actually get to the fun parts, which is a pretty loving unique thing to see for a game when usually it would be getting ripped apart. EA should be astoundingly grateful. They will not be of course. Instead they'll look at all the complaints and remove all the wrong stuff from the next game in the series. Like how in ME1 people complained about how the buggy thing handled and and instead of fixing it they just removed it entirely, or how it threw a lot of items at you so they dumbed down the RPG bits. Coincidentally this is also how CIG deals with a broken tutorial.

I'm expecting Star Citizen to be released around the time ME:A finishes its pointless wheel-spinning planet transition animation.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I've sent CIG notice of my intention to implement plans for the proposal of a preliminary outline of the imminent delivery of cupcakes at some point in the near future, with the date to be initially determined within but perhaps somewhat later than two weeks.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Cupcake alpha 2.6.2 patch notes

New features
- added icing 2.0
- removed cake for refactoring
- cup is now viewable but not yet ready to accept batter

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

TheAgent posted:

its not a good game, there's a lot wrong with it and its super loving annoying in parts

that said I'm a dumb nerd that bought it anyway and since I quit wow I have nothing to do with my empty life but smoke weed and sex up aliens

The jetpack and climbing is cool and good.

So far the most disappointing bit is the lack of dialogue choices for being a gigantic space jerk.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

I have nowhere else to go. RSI and reddit are both cancer. This is cancer too, but more treatable.

The official forum and subreddit are so lovely you have to come here, home of the toxic dinks, leavers and nay sayers?

Good thing you spent thousands of dollars on a non-game that's populated by a community you can't stand.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Fine dining experience is required so they have someone who can cut cake without spitting all over it.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Are those plants? What kind of bizarre space greenhouse set up is that supposed to be?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Haven't been keeping up with the thread. Have there been any amusing gently caress-ups lately? Is the game out yet?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

What's going down in Star Citizen land? Is it out yet? Is it the best game ever?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Watching the shitizens try to justify what is very obviously a desperate act from a company that's on the verge of failure is incredible. It suggests that when cig finally implodes we'll be in for some truly hilarious reasoning about why it's actually a good thing from the most brain damaged fans.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

So Ortwin's explanation is that they need cash right now to fund F42, and putting up the entire company as collateral against a loan in GBP for the same amount as expected tax credits is cheaper than transferring money from USD to GBP? Is that right? It sounds insane. Am I misunderstanding this?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Despite being dead and gay and apparently irrelevant this comedy forum can still marshal enough influence to get the gaming media to write bad words about star citizen.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Mirificus posted:

RemindMe! June 30, 2017

There must be comments like this for every deadline Star Citizen has missed and they are all going to age like fine wine.

Two people commented on that thread a day ago and he is yet to respond.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, it's covered with stolen stock images. They can't really get out with the whole "It's only concept art" because they sold these.

I'm the depressed space business man standing by the pond.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Virtual Captain posted:

“If you are a dreamer come in, If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar, A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer, If youre a pretender com sit by my fire, For we have some flax, golden tales to spin, Come in! Come in!”

CR gave the exact same answer 3 years ago, how deep do these backers insist on dreaming?

Question: I have a question about ship cargo capacities. How strictly will they be "enforced"? My DUR Freelancer has a stated capacity of 148 freight units. Let's say that I accidentally (or deliberately) try to load 148.5 freight units of cargo. Will there be flashing red lights and warning sirens telling me that I can't load that much cargo or will I be allowed to load it anyway?
Answer: Well actually the way that our freight units work, is they're actually volume units. So originally we were talking about how many tons of cargo you could carry, but we sort of quickly realized that at a certain level, the tonnage is much less important than the volume, in terms of us building the ships and what they can fit inside. So we came up with a standardized container system at different levels, and so when it's 148, or 20, or 40, or whatever… that's actually talking about the units that can fit in the cargo hold. And so if the DUR Freelancer can fit 148, it won't be able to fit more than 148 - that's the most you can fit. Now of course, how much each one of those units weigh will be an issue, right? So if you're trying to fly with solid gold instead of, I dunno, 148 pieces of… err… whatever would be light - your ship would fly differently in space. And I don't know if we'd have a maximum takeoff load criteria that would prevent you, saying "oh no, you can't actually take that much mass," but basically the freight units is all about the volume and whether you can fit those pieces of volume in there. But in terms of the mass, maximum takeoff, all that stuff, we haven't really figured that out yet. So I don't know - there probably won't, but if there was that's where they would sort of, "hey, you can't take off with that level of mass." I mean we could probably just have you take off with whatever the mass stuff is, and then you're just a really slow ship, which is probably what the solution is as the moment, and we'll make it more sophisticated going down the way.

Haha this is dumb. Just use tonnage you fuckwit.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

starkebn posted:

Is there any indication that SQ42 has had any work done on the actual game part of it? Is all that's ever been released some mo-cap shots, Morrow tour and the canteen / hangar poo poo?

Nope, there's sweet fa been shown aside from those two.

I think Ben or someone claimed it was playable but they didn't want to spoil it for themselves so hadn't tried it...

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Also didn't they say last year that they were still working on the tools for building AI and missions in SQ42?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

X-Ultron posted:

Here you go, commando:

"Sarah Connor I uh have come from the um future to uhh save you from a erm uh machine uprising."

"You're from the future? Is Star Citizen out yet?"

"uh two weeks"

Colostomy Bag posted:

The MBA part in me is amazed they allocated a 10x14' (at least) office.

When they first moved in that office had a sign on the door that said "The Black Room". I don't know if this was ever explained. Perhaps they meant "black hole room". Or Sandi had designated it as the space for all their non-white employees.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

:reddit: trying to defend the 5-10 planets thing by claiming that it doesn't matter because actually those planets will be "full scale" and so chock-full of content it makes up for them not fulfilling the 100 systems promise is the best thing. There is no way in hell they will ever be able to populate even a single realistically sized planet with enough content to make it a satisfactory experience. I would toxx for this but it's loving blindingly obvious to anyone who isn't dazzled by the crobber's hypnotic arm movements that this is an outlandish idea which will never, ever happen. It's hard to see how the fuckwits will even manage a single small empty planet you can land on, let alone one that is "full scale" and filled with actual gameplay. They haven't even been able to provide a decent amount of content for the couple of stations they've currently got.

Percelus posted:

my favorite are the star citizens who poo poo on elite dangerous for selling moderately priced purely cosmetic dlc because for some reason it's more egregious than a $16k completionist package that gives an ingame advantage

cross posting from the ED thread

Anticheese posted:

Someone a few pages back asked something about how many Star Citizen ships the cost of all the Elite Dangerous cosmetics would buy.

I have found the answer to that dumb question after a couple hours of getting to grips with Python again...An appropriate tool given the snake theme of so many Elite Dangerous ships.

There is a grand total of £946.5 worth of cosmetics available at the time of writing, which translates to $1239 US, or otherwise $11 short of one Idris-P corvette.

It's late and I put in way too much effort to answer a dumb question, but I'll export the data tomorrow and tidy up the source code to make sure the figure is accurate. Either way, the fact remains that Star Citizen has had two ships for sale that cost more than every last cosmetic item in an already released game. :eng101:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

notoriousman posted:

My favorite E:D critics are the ones with 800 hours sunk in and they regret every moment! This game is so shallow and lacking in content I dedicated an entire month's worth of time doing absolutely nothing!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/honkylips/recommended/359320/

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Bofast posted:

I don't typically see anything but canned pineapple being used for pizza, so that tends to mute the taste a lot compared to the fresh version.

Then again, I suspect my tastebuds are a bit off, so...

Caramelise pineapple then place on pizza. It's a taste sensation.

Even better when topped with anchovies.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

This is shite. They just bought some stock alien plant models off a 3D model store and slapped it in the editor didn't they.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Crobber told us their budget was effectively 4x as big because they weren't spending on marketing, but paying shills to pimp your lovely non-game is a form of marketing.

e: to be fair giving them ships to sell on the grey market doesn't take money out of the budget.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 26, 2017

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What is the origin of "parp?"

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Reminder that the 3.0 everyone is waiting for is not version 3.0 of a released game, but 3.0 of a loving PRE ALPHA. That's a lol every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

5 days to "rework" a single pistol? Bodes well.