Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Daztek posted:

MX518 best, G400S decent replacement

MX518, aka "The mouse that could survive being strapped to Sarah Connor's face in her dream about being blown to smithereens by a nuclear Armageddon". I only changed mine because I'd literally worn through the plastic on the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Like, seriously. Body armour of the future should just be a scalemail-esqe garment made of MX518s. They're so invulnerable to damage, you could probably take a beating from the loving Incredible Hulk and walk away.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

You're all noobs if you're thinking of flying your $2500 chariots with anything but a Nintendo Power Glove.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Hav posted:

Corsair Wireless ones? They're brilliant. I might need to buy a second set because they also work really well with the PS4. Comfortable and light.

On the mouse front I got a deal on the Logitech 602 recently. It's not terrible, but nothing to write home about. I have G500s out the rear end though, mainly because Logitech's warranty policies had them replace a G9 and MX518, both out of warranty, with G500s.

Strong, like a Gorilla, but soft and yielding, like a nerf ball.

I wasn't keen on the Corsair headsets, they had a weird weight balance to them which put me off. Which is a shame because I now have a Corsair RGB Kb/M combo, and I could have had the full xmas tree combo. I went with the HyperX Cloud II in the end personally. But then, I much prefer wired stuff, and the quality on them is amazing.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So the new Caterpillar looks interesting:

I wonder if it will carry smaller ships.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

I barely needed to change the Lyrics to this...

[Foreclosure of BDSSE]

Rise so high, yet so far to fall
A plan of Spaceships and BDSSE for all
Kickstarter breakthrough, euphoria's high
More borrowed money, more borrowed time
Backed in a corner, caught up in the race
Means to an end, ended in disgrace
Perspective is lost in the spirit of the chase

Foreclosure of a dream
Those Spaceships never seen
Until all is lost, financial Holocaust
Foreclosure of a dream

Barren promises that once filled a need
Are worthless now, dead without a deed
Slipping away from an iron grip
Nature's scales are forced to tip
The heartland dies, loss of all pride
To leave ain't believing, so try and be tried
Insufficient funds, insanity and suicide

Foreclosure of a dream
Foreclosure of a dream

[Solo]

"Read my latest blog. I'm going to burn their JPES
'No, let me loving finish, let me loving finish, let me loving finish' "

Now with no hope, some still are proud
This is a hoax, unfaithful pushed out
Receive no reprieve and be left in tears
Should have backed that game of frontier's
New concepts will surely get by
No deed, or dividend. Some may ask "Why?"
You'll find the solution, the answers in the sky

[Solo]

Rise so high, yet so far to fall
A plan of Spaceships and BDSSE for all
Kickstarter breakthrough, euphoria's high
More borrowed money, more borrowed time

Foreclosure of a dream
Foreclosure of a dream

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Crobbler's hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAioN2mtsA

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Can anyone remember the video where crobbler explains ships going into "silent" mode, where he literally describes it as the ship being quieter so no one can hear you (ala wig commandos the movie), rather than reducing it's EM/Radiation/heat/whatever signature?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

:siren: MOD CHALLENGE RESULTS :siren:

Three people were voluntold to perform in the Star Citizen Cookie Mod Challenge, and three more volunteered. Of the voluntolds two decided not to participate and are subsequently doomed to be probated. The third, Xarael, valiantly put up a fantastic entry and won the drat thing with cat drugs. Of the three volunteers two put up entries and Tijuana Bibliophile demonstrated he was more of an ideas guy who couldn't execute.

TB I'm basically saying this is you.

Entries
Tijuana Bibliophile: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=6579&perpage=40#post466842586
Spacetoaster: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6602#post466881818
Fatkraken: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6596#post466866029
Xarael: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=6599&perpage=40#post466875469

So, the aftermath:

Tijuana Bibliophile will be BANNED for his inability to make cookies.

Xarael has the option to select another cookie maker (Spacetoaster, Fatkraken, or himself) to also be banned. Alternatively, because Beet and I are arbitrary and capricious, we agree that if Xarael wants he can choose to UNBAN Tijuana Bibliophile.

These decisions will be implemented as soon as Xarael decides and we get around to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGYOYSG2VW4

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:popeye:

I am greatly humbled and thankful

Thank you kindly :3:

No probs. I was never going to ban anyone if I won anyway.

Booourns posted:

Do you think that this challenge improved the thread and cut down on random off topic shitposting?

It got rid of Marching Powder. Someone who's primary non- contribution to the thread was unironically whining about how people were not contributing to the thread. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was his "I'm not sexist, but..." post about another poster who has contributed a ton to the thread. He expected the thread to act as his personal army of performing monkeys, while suffering his occasional sexism and homo/transphobia.

He will be remembered by the single post where he contributed the most he could to the thread.

Truly the pinnacle of literary genius. He will be sorely missed. And by sorely missed I mean not at all, because he never loving contributed a thing other than one word reactions and meltdowns about how people were not entertaining him.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Let's call this the last post on the subject and move on.

Agreed.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Randarkman posted:

Wait, they released Star Marine?

"Released" like a constipated man releases after a bowl of prunes.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

But, Cymelonhead, the SAG did help someone with threats and lawsuits to get their money from crobbler. His name was Kevin Costner.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

moveable shape posted:

*channels fyad morality* This post is as embarrassing as anything pulled from the dregs of /dereksmart. Basically nothing you wrote is real dude.

MP was pointed and funny until fyad gimmick locusts arrived. Maybe your pov is different because he shat on you constantly?

Anyway this being the last post on the matter I wanna say cat cookies were incredibly more funny than MPs last post. The little space ship shaped cookie was adorable

IDK whether this is a joke post or not. :confused:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I mean I'm irrationally irritated at how loving stupid that is. 900 years in the future and they need five guys running around doing some bullshit choreography from when giant airplanes were launched with steam off of ships.

Gee, I wonder how other space sims do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15zbowAlZPs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SI1CB4rcf8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLvVqRPVSWI

Yeah it definitely makes more sense to have five guys sit around getting ready to take a face full of plasma exhaust.

I still stand by my opinion that the most convincing spaceship launching from a spaceship sequence is Vipers launching from a Battlestar (remake series, original was goofy since they "turbo boosted out"). Fighter gets put into tube, Airlock is closed behind it, then a catapult hurls it into space to provide it with it's initial momentum.

A bunch of rando dudes prancing around and doing stupid dances is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. It's Spaceballs level of silly, but trying to be serious.

The only good thing about it is it reminded me of the greatest Goon spacegame video ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdJqBBb4yO4&t=150s

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Hey CIG... Your sound design is rear end. It sounds like a room of obese motherfuckers with chronic flatulence. Much like your studios, but it's still unforgivable.

Here's some tips to crobble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_zqpdwBr5w

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

It still baffles me that they are STILL loving up the absolute basics in game design. This is poo poo that I, someone who is not a game designer, fully understands.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

I tried to think about CIG doing something as well as Blizzard does but then I started laughing and didn't stop until I was dead.

I think the biggest difference between CIG and Blizz is Blizz isn't poo poo scared of admitting when they've taken the wrong road, and do everything they can to fix the problem. CIG just lies and coerces their brainwashed fanbase into thinking they're being treated better than anyone else.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

tuo posted:

He's still googling where to find the config.sys in Windows 10

Crob: "Arrrrrrrmmm errrrrrrr Cortana, wheeeerrrre's the uhhhhhh config aaaarrrrmmmmm sys? My... My... the... aaahhhhhhhhh is.. is Dennis here, Cortana?"
Cortana: "You seem to be speaking mushmouth, switching language profile..."
Crob: "STOP TALKING LIKE MY LEAD DEVELOPERS!!!"

ftfy

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Went to see Rogue one.

Lots of things for crobbler to steal.

Paper and crayons in cinema.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

The DS thing is a bit (very) on the nose. It's also really wankerish and pathetic and anyone who thinks it's funny is probably beyond redemption.

And I think Derek is a prat.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Chris probably thought it was hilarious.

Chris strikes me as a man with the mental age of a seven year old. He's never had an original thought in his career, and he has the morals of a child who steals cookies and blames it on their baby sister.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

tuo posted:

"Listen, uhm....I...WE....need this...tech, you know. To...aahhh....make people......YOUNG...and old....uhm, but not at the same time....

...and ALIVE! Uhm...like...when they're already dead. So....when can I have it? Two weeks?"

Movie was good fun. Went in with no expectations whatsoever, and was entertained quite well. All the fan service was quite nice.

The KOTOR fan service made me grin like a child.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

As much as I'd love it to be, the name thing isn't breaking any laws. It's (poo poo) satire. If it was breaking any laws, SA would have been shut down years ago. It's just very childish and stupid to mock your critics. The noble choice is to ignore and move on, but CIG just loves sending up big "troll us please, we react in stupid ways" red balloons.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

TBF, you just need to look at a picture of Erris to realise he's not all quite there.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

CHECK OUT THAT FUCKIN' MONKEY ERRIS SNIPE!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

JugbandDude posted:

I'm with Erris on this one: Jesus was born on the 25th, so it's fair that the Jesus patch will follow the same timeline.

Please stop doxxing Jesus.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL. Delusional Derek at it again.

Legal barking up a storm over there?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

loving LOL AT THIS STREAM

EL OH EL

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

*Can't even manage to do a sound switch properly*

*Idiots throw millions of dollars at them*

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

I know they will find a way, but how the gently caress can anyone get hyped by this? It's loving DREADFUL. There's games 15 years old that look more dynamic and fun.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Live look in at the stream...

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

LOL 2.6 DELAYED

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

loving LOL

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

LOL LOL LOL gently caress YOU MOMA YOU lovely SHILL

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH MY loving GOD

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

This loving stream, holy poo poo this loving stream. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW MOMA?!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Is it just me, or is crobbler sounding a touch.. hoarse? Like he's maybe been screaming at people in the last few hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

ZenMaster posted:

Moma got rekt. Please come back and tell us how amazing this game will be. :allears:

I love it when someone gets poo poo on by the people they are trying desperately to defend.

Keep doing what you're doing, MOMA! One day CIG won't gently caress something up, and you'll be right for a change!