Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

There are words and links in the op. You feel like Dr. Smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Nothing will shut down until the money stops rolling in, and backers have shown to be almost inconceivably resistent to failure on CIG's part

We'll all be here a year from now, wondering what the hell happened/didn't happen. As long as they can keep the Citizens from playing their broken heap of poo poo they'll be happy

In your reasonable reasoning you forgot the X factor : Dr. Smart. He has the materials to force CIG and their shell companies to produce their financials and to show once and for all if their funding tracker is true. It's a matter of decades not centuries.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Even Moma admitted in the last thread that he had to sell 2 ships with a 500$ loss because he couldn't pay rent or food.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Please don't stockpile on Toast. He took risks to bring us his misconceptions. He used his asian sneak skills to hide behing the seat of a QA tester, passed a head and saw star marine on the screen ; he then escaped before anyone could spot him and throw stones. He used his asian typing skills to post in the thread before continuing his everlasting task of bringing food as ben's assistant.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Page Pastis. For posterity. For eternity. For lethality.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TheAgent posted:

two hot girls going at it: loving amazing

two hot guys going at it: loving disgusting

p much accurate more or less for the last 10,000 years

What ? Greeks, romans, egyptians and all pre-monotheism cultures wouldn't aggree. It's only with the coming of the only one that sexuality went to man + woman and nothing else. Polytehism's folks lived a happy sexual life with everyone. These last 2k years of dark age are a parenthesis.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5h93u5/star_citizen_around_the_verse_316_atx/daydd7p/

If you have to preface "I'm straight, but" then follow up with some homoerotic lust about said person, I have news for you, you're probably not.

We have a saying in french that could translate in " everything before the but doesn't exit ". It works 90% of the time.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Viscous Soda posted:

I'm kinda late on this but since nobody else has answered, everyone was excited for page 6666 so the mods locked it at page 6665 to blue ball everyone.

I'm still blue balled by it. Now I know the feelings the shitizens have deep inside about something that never come.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

You keep making your hands dirty by diving them in the brown sea, only to snatch these pearls for us. For that i salute you commando o9.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

I'm personally against the concept of doxxing. I think it's at best intimidating and potentially humiliating to the victim and at it's worst can ruin lives and lead to suicide

Too bad that the admin here endorse the doxx if you find it funny. You should send pm to FactsAreUseless to change this rule. Also stop with your everyday posts of antisemitism, your hate of jews is not funny and as bad as doxxing.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Forgot about the stream. Booted it up, asked why they have 15 fps max, been banned. My 1 min interaction with this stream.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I think the INNv2 guys should call their family before doing something stupid, like buying this sweet newship on sale.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

" New! Be advised that you will need to restart the client after every Star Marine or Arena Commander match or you will be unable to join a new match. " I love you CIG please continue to be funded for years to come. Toast must find it fun to relaod the game each match, these new loading screens have to be worth a look.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

At this point if you don't love CIG you are on their forum or reddit. Here is the thread of CIG's lovers.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Can't wait for Toast's twists and lies. Maybe even Lazrin/Lethality/FacstAreUseless will make a smuggy comeback for a final meltdown. But i guess it's too much too ask and i'll stick with Dr. Smart happening in weeks not months.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

The Dildo is more than 2 km long and will be modelled in intricate detail.

Would it be enough for the titanic ? She posted herself getting boarded by thousand hungry men already, will this ship make her pledge ?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Week not months I called it.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Mae Christmas !

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

A shame that Lazrin/Lethality/FactsAreUseless stopped his posts here. Instead he asked a pedo-antisemit and a doxxer-racist to troll here and promised that they wouldn't be banned by doing so.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

If you look at the supposed doxx post, it begins by lol. As by the rules here etablished by the admin mod, it is allowed because it's doxxing for fun, if you can call a google search a doxx. I demand a refund for the 10$ the cat had to pay. If you have any concern about this politic, feel free to pm Lazrin/Lethality/FactsAreUseless to change it.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Thats because that was by a miserable ex GBS mod with a personal vendetta

I'd like your opinion of pedo-antisemit. If you are presented a naked jew child, are you aroused, disgusted or both ?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ok. From what I hear, there will likely be one more 2.6 drop (2.6.1), which should include the first iteration of the "mega-map." That will be the primary test-bed for the Stanton (?) release in 3.0. There will be multiple stations, at least one full system to traverse as well as enhanced quantum travel and flight mechanics. My notes are still pretty vague, but hey: it's more than anyone else with a "source" on this gay thread, right?

So your prediction is nothing new in 3.0 ? I think you are on something for the first time.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Tippis posted:

Why is everyone so angry all of a sudden? :gonk:

Because Moma/Toast has already a mini-meltdown after 2 posts. He used to last longer.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

XK posted:

I totally agree that CIG has a lot more up their sleeves that they aren't yet revealing.

Especially Ben.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Nicholas posted:

A fact I haven't seen brought up with regards to CIGs plan for infinite scaling using AWS, is that while new servers can be spun up to increase player connections, the database does not scale at all. As soon as you clone a database for a new instance it gets out of sync, and you can't just merge all the new information together in later on. All clients must be communicating to a single database. This is probably the reason why Lumberhard specifically states that it's not suitable for anything persistant across instances (such as an MMO)

I'm not sure how most MMO's handle it; I'm guessing it's probably a combination of sharding servers, having a hard cap on the number of simultanious connections (so definitely not "infinite scaling"), and being really careful about what each client is writing back to the database (so no millions of NPCs doing things that update tables constantly for no reason)

The NPC/PC ratio is aimed to be 9:1. So 900 NPC with no AI will not burden any server.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Why there is no dancing cat playing sc at the empty keyboard ?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

JugbandDude posted:

10-15 million is not expensive?

Yep, this guy is/was definitely CIG, he shows the signs.

It's only disposable backing.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I don't even remember what the original looks like.

It began as a white page ; I remember it clearly.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Facebook Aunt posted:

Have DS and Lowtax been incarcerated yet? This is taking forever.

Twitters guys should pair #incarcerateDerekSmartandLowtax with #terrorism #islamism #trump to accelerate the processus.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

grimcreaper posted:

I really hate ryan archer. Someone needs to do something about this guy.

Like reveal his adress, phone number, real name and the scientology church he visits ? Someone can do it if it's funny, it's allowed by the mod-admin.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

hi page 400, I've never been hugged irl.

Call your parents.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Galarox posted:

Ok everyone here is the book: How it works: Star Citizen. Clicky the link to download, it's a PDF

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeakavbiwcd71rb/How%20it%20Works.pdf?dl=1

Good job.

(and not just because I didn't help)

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

See this is what I mean by being threatened by Star Citizen.

You literally couldn't help yourself on adding that last line. Like its just this constant insecure reassurance to yourself.

You shouldn't drink a glass of your own piss each morning. I know you saw that it is healthy on the internet but it is not, piss is waste filtered by our body and meant to be ejected, not drunk again.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I'm having pizza for lunch**

**Not really I'm skipping lunch today

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA am I doing the standing joke right?

Stop trolling Dr. Smart because he hates pizza. It's a suitable thread here. To each their own, noone troll you because of your morning drinking habit.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Chalks posted:

It's basically a chart of their diminishing returns from backers. Back in Q2 2015 if they did some marketing, on average everyone would spend $67. Today, they do that same marketing and not only is their target audience smaller and harder to reach, they'll get less than a quarter of the payback and that's a long term trend.

A year from now, they'll be lucky if 5% of the people they convince to create an account on their website spend a single dollar on the game.

The well is running dry and CIG are completely dependant on the same tiny number of whale backers that they were feeding off 3 years ago - the same backers that are covered by the old TOS and are getting fed up and asking for refunds.

They desperately need to find a new market for their product which is why I find the console port theory so believable. Console ports are always a cash in and a new source of cash is the one thing they need more than anything at the moment.

But what do they port ? There is no game. Is the early acces of consoles paying too, so they can again scam some guys ?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Do you have any idea how high 5% capture is?

It's the other way around. 5% of users of a game that post in its official forum is a high %.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't get paid by CIG.

You mean they don't pay their moderators on their own forum ? That's cheap ; you should have chosen to stream the tech demo, at least you'd get a salary.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

You idiot: They're required to release that information on going public. Yes - they lost 618k on your poo poo-rear end release and were desperate to begin recuperating. You spent so much in development up to that point and couldn't produce, so they compelled you to do so. Talk about revisionist history: every word you said is documented in those google groups: internet archives can be a bitch, but you see, facts aren't hard. Lies are.

By that post :
Internet = facts
Chris Roberts = Derek Smart
ManOfManyAliases = Toast

What is your favorite drink when you wake up ?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

You're reading it backwards. The assumption is that the business will continue to exist in the next year, and that the financials have been prepared and signed to reflect this (without any material misstatements or uncertainties that would cast doubt on this premise). In this case, the auditor agrees with the directors' assessment and offers the opinion as "unqualified," meaning no modifications to this decision in the auditor's report. If you do not make this assessment, then why even continue to present financials? That's what this means.

= I had to reach CIG's legal to unclear some clear terms, cause maybe some of goonies could still back the scam. See that dumb mod ? He still had hundred in it not too long ago, we can still get it back. #refundtherefund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Fain80 posted:

I have finally decided that I am done with this game. As of now, four years in, this community still gets by on wishes, rainbows, and fairy dust. This "game" only exists in our minds as we envision swooping over a planet in our massive idrisses and picture epic corridor to corridor gunfights, capital ships blasting away at each other with swarms of fighters buzzing in between and engineers making emergency repairs.

All of that is our imagination at work. Look at what we actually have. A bunch of small tech demos that still break frequently and haven't been significantly advanced in over a year. We have a substandard FPS module that, while a great first attempt, is not indicative of mechanics that should be pretty much wrapped up at this point for the single player game. Some of the wins that have been celebrated are tiny. Glass that breaks? Flashy glowing pickup icons in arena commander? Wow, color me impressed!

The ship sales have led to bait and switch after bait and switch as ships are nerfed or redesigned before they ever come out. We have marketing tactics that would make EA' blush with embarrassment and we've had some of the worst live streams I have ever seen over the past few months. We have what is basically hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of DLC ships that are going to jack up game balance to all hell when this thing finally comes out.

At this point, who knows if SQ42 even exists? Why is it so difficult to show us the game? 4 years into development the project shouldn't even remotely feel like it may be a sham but this game continues to have an off putting stink to it. When delays happen for the PU it's because they were working on SQ42, when they happen for SQ42 it's because of the PU.

I hope that this game winds up being great but I think it's a pipe dream. For everyone here who pumped at least a thousand dollars into this dream I hope it comes out and you feel like you've gotten your money's worth but I'm done with this sham.

You have a low IQ, because you are probably a native english speaker. This language that you use in your mind put you in the sub-human category, but it's not a curse. You can evolve, nevermind your age, and be better for yourself and your entourage. This obvious refund step about a scam is a first step ; you'll have to take more, but you can be a fonctional human before your death, I believe in you. Good luck.