Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
OP is good? So What.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi, hope you're all enjoying screaming at the videogame. This is just a reminder for you to call or visit your parents where possible because they love and care about you and want to hear about the things you're getting up to

can you keep your message to just once every couple of days? Parents are starting to get pissed off with how often they're getting called

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Derek Smart has only ever developed lovely games, therefore Star Citizen will be the BDSSE! And furthermore, if you check my July blog...

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

Hate to tell you this, ol' Toasty, but they probably won't be refactoring the size of that ship.

yeah, it's not like they can just stretch the x axis in Maya or something to make it bigger, I imagine it's the size they think it should be.

Guess what MoMA, CIG doesn't give a poo poo about what they fans want

starkebn
May 18, 2004

been scrolling past all of Uncle Dereks posts in the last 5 pages, not sorry

starkebn
May 18, 2004

yeah, I can't see any reason to have multiple builds. Why not just say "John, Peter and Ahmed - you test FPS, everyone just fly ships"

starkebn
May 18, 2004

sorla78 posted:

crowfund a honeytrap

hang on, was he called Hobbes because of Watterson's comic?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

HycoCam posted:

Would actually explain a lot and is most likely true.

Sci-fi visionary CRoberts everybody!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

CIG: we're in permanent crunch, with no end in sight!

CIG: We've got so many bugs well never be able to release a product! What's going wrong?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

TheLightPurges posted:

The internal schedule is BS. Like its just made up on the spot. Its never right and I hope to god the devs actually have a professional schedule that at least mildly adheres to reality.

Schedules just hold the developers back commando

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Big Benny is all they've got

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I'm pretty sure they're feeding in money from outside sources over time to keep the numbers looking good. Say if they got a million dollar loan they could trickle that into the funding tracker if they cared whether the tracker actually showed how much money they've actually scraped together since the beginning.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

What are the chances all the A-list actors are even going to be in SQ42 any more? Weren't they mocapped 3 reshoots ago?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The Titanic posted:

I'm sorry you've been called out as a sick individual, and are going to reply to me and quote bullshit links to try to make yourself look innocent or backpedal your disgusting comments.

You crossed a line. A very easy line that doesn't need to ever be crossed. There's "I'm a troll looking for easy lols" like you have been carrying on with for dozens of pages. Then there's "I'm a gross, twisted person using sick, mentally damaged tools to try to look cool, and I will maybe lol as people respond". Hell, you can even goatse.cx the thread and still not be as gross as you've shown you're willing to stoop to.

You trolled yourself into becoming a sick motherfucker. You should probably think about editing your sick-gently caress posts and either finding another thread, or just pretending this didn't happen and try to return to being that innocent troll looking for dumb lols.

Regardless of what happens, you're a sick person who will use very gross and disgusting things to try to get your laughs. Not only should you feel ashamed of yourself, but you should also call your parents because even though you're a gross person, they probably still love you and would love to hear from you. Feel free to share with them your very funny Internet exploits and the wonderful things you talk about on a video game forum. Ask them what they think of that, and if they think it's healthy to do.

I can't tell if you're so upset because you're naive and think he's making it up (he's not) or you're upset that he's posting about it for some reason

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The Titanic posted:

I'm sorry you feel the need to defend his e-honor against my tremendous "try hard raging lol". :)

You can look in a medical book of adolescent problems or rituals and bring back any number of "totally real conditions guys!" But you don't need to do that if you are a normal, functioning member of society who knows basic "this is ok to talk about" versus "this probably shouldn't be talked about".

If you have a problem understanding that too, I suggest you go call your parents and ask them why they forgot to teach you this basic core value. They love you and would likely jump at the chance to once again help their child. They miss you and look forward to your call. :)

Okay, I'll drop it because it's not worth it in this thread. Laughing off your "try hard raging" tells me maybe you just wanted a pat on the back or something anyway. So, go you!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Hey guys you should all stop being super angry all the time and doxxing the people who anger you. First of all I dont understand why you are getting livid at a videogame thats not even out yet, their developers, or the people pointing out how unhealthy that is. Please stop reading 9001 pages long reddit posts of the game you hate, watching million hour long videos of people you talked about wanting to murder, following them on twitter, or internet stalking me + calling me a pedophile.

Mmmm, I don't think you've quite got enough material together yet to make your argument really compelling, but stick around and keep trying buddy

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Ayn Marx posted:

That's been patched. It's been improved a lot and is worth your time now.

Patches how?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

they can just farm it out to a porting developer no problem, they're geniuses at getting contractors to do the easy stuff

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Guys, guys, it's just a cryengine to cryengine swap. All they probably had to do was a search > replace to change some version numbers in some headers

starkebn
May 18, 2004

XK posted:

Maybe this was why Derek was saying to get out right now.

:smug:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Gravity_Storm posted:

Buy back in Beer.

Sars has been posting lately ....

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Maybe they could actually make a good game now :shrug:

If only they could backseat CRoberts

starkebn
May 18, 2004

:cawg:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Xaerael posted:

AKA "All fur coat but no knickers."

this doesn't sound like a bad thing to me

starkebn
May 18, 2004

us people who have never bought into this are the real winners

we just soak up the drama

starkebn
May 18, 2004

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

To a normal human this should have been the red flag from the beginning. Buying all that gaudy poo poo with backer money to look successful and important. The minute that LA office got stocked and with a limited edition Porsche outside everyone should have walked away.

some of us have been saying this for a long time

starkebn
May 18, 2004

zcrow posted:

And then it crashes to desktop.

Thank you for playing Wing CommanderStar Citizen!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Raskolnikov posted:

hi page 400, I've never been hugged irl.

weren't you blessed by DickWulf

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Sappo569 posted:

That reminds me

Did they ever put out Spectrum for testing? Does anyone have any screenshots or videos of it?

Why would they? It's going to be so great you guys!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

TrustmeImLegit, this gimmik sure isn't funny so I hope you've got a great payoff planned

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Sillybones posted:

I'm so sorry. I have no idea.

yes, all of this ^^^

starkebn
May 18, 2004

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Whenever I watch things withTony Z in it. It reassures me knowing someone who knows his craft is on board putting Chris's vision in place. I honestly don't know how anyone can watch that whole thing and not feel the project is in a good place. these are the high level guys.

his craft is scamming people. someone will seriously respond to the above. Hello.

the payoff is 3/5 man, all that time for this?

:sad:

at least you tried

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The Titanic posted:

Judging by how coked out Chris seems a lot, with Sandi not much better off, there's a price being paid for it. Once the money train derails they'll, and most likely others will also, end up in rehab or something. :(

Yeah, I bet once this goes tits up if they haven't fled to a non-extraditing country at least Chris will end up in rehab to get some pity

starkebn
May 18, 2004

D_Smart posted:

ps: Even old school semi-retired Tier 1 devs have a hobby and too much time on their hands

who are you implying here Derek?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Lesnick knows too much

starkebn
May 18, 2004

happyhippy posted:

code:
if (Bullet.owner==player)
Ship.status.combat = ENEMY;
Wow. Such AI. So skynet.

Are you going to publish that somewhere or can I steal your valor?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The sickening truths

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Ash1138 posted:

that's a lot of words

So don't read them if your attention span can't manage it

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Ash1138 posted:

i did read them that's how i know

rudy mcruderson

:niggly:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

TrustmeImLegit posted:

A reporter just a quick 2 minute drive by of the site and sees they do several shows a week with employees and concludes they communicate a lot so its cool.

this is what frustrates me, they just keep saying things like "The most open development ever!" because they spew out a constant stream of trash, but with no actual details or expectations. It's true post-fact bullshit and people accept it because it has been said so many times.

There are dozens of project you could link that have actual updates about what they're achieving right now that are a hundred times more open