Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

The downside of making awesome dice is that FFG way underestimated the manufacturing time. Hopefully they have a handle on it, and future expansions have enough manufacturing lead time to actuallt meet demand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

BJPaskoff posted:

Did anyone else notice that the Awakenings set includes only characters and events from the first movie of each Star Wars trilogy (plus some generic SW universe art for the fittingly generic cards)? At least that's my impression from two starters and ten packs. If it is that way, it's an inventive way to force themselves to not spread their game's theme too thin too quickly.

I am pretty sure they are spread around a little in terms of the films. General Veers is from Empire, Count Dooky was in Episode 2 or 3 (I just remember it wasn't Ep. 1), and Jabba was in Jedi (assuming you don't count the added scene to A New Hope).

Someone in my gaming group pointed out something that works for everything but Red Heroes. Each color/side group has a character from each of the trilogies.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

What is the deal with Phasma, anyway? I don't think they actually printed any physical copies of Phasma. She just doesn't exist. I have seen (and own) more Vaders than Phasma lmao

Good thing I've opened 4 Poe's and 3 Black Ones :v:

e: also, I just sent 5 Force Training to CSI... lol at opening 7 of those

It is just luck of the draw. I have opened 4 Phasma's, but no Vaders after a little more than 3 boxes worth of packs. Managed to trade the extras away to fill the gaps in my collection.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Has there been any indication when the actual release of SoR is going to be?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

food court bailiff posted:

I've introduced like four people to this game using the starters and they all really like the resolution phase but invariably are put off by the setup phase where you spend months and months without any way to buy cards outside of singles resellers. I'm genuinely curious how you gently caress up a production/distribution model this hard in 2017. You go to FFGC and it's just lined with banners and posters and poo poo for the game with nary a product in sight other than two slightly bent Jabba the Hutt cards in the singles counter.

My understanding is that FFG had absolutely no idea the game would be this popular. If FFG had produced enough product to meet the current demand, but it turns out the game was a flop, the company would have been in a dire financial situation.

All indications are that the next wave coming out on May 4th, and the reprint of Awakenings will be quite a bit larger than the first printings of Awakenings.