Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

My local game store has a tournament report for a 16 person tournament I attended recently. Thought you guys might like to check it out, includes top 4 decklists.

https://justplaygames.uk/blogs/news/star-wars-destiny-tournament-meta-and-top-4-lists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

ShowTime posted:

I watched the video with the tournament winner (they call him the winner, but the tournament results show otherwise)

They played off the top 4 as semi-finals, then finals.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

My local store posted a deck tech video for an eQGJ and eRey deck, figured you guys might like it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUdmrSIy3Dc

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Just wait, jeez.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Serotonin posted:

I was eye rolling at earlier sky is falling about lack of product but actually you guys might have been right. This is ridiculous. Impossible to find other than eBay scalpers (and there aren't many) in the U.K.

If I remember right from your D+D posting, you're in the NW of England right? I managed to pick up 10 boosters at World's Apart in Liverpool. Just Play in Liverpool hosts weekly and monthly tournaments for the game, but only has singles stock (and they're selling fast).

BJPaskoff posted:

I need infinite Force Throws and I hate that it's starter-deck only. Such a good card!

Having starter only cards would be easier to swallow if they didn't appear at all in booster packs, like Dicemasters starters.

Additionally, "requiring" people to buy 2x each starter to finish playsets must be contributing to the shortages.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Finster Dexter posted:

wtf is a gravity feed?

It's what Wizkids called their dicemasters and heroclix booster boxes, since you open it at the bottom and let packs drop down. Destiny uses a similar booster box style.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

The more I play this game, the angrier I get at the concept of starter deck only cards.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Following up from the discussion earlier in the thread about misapplying MTG terminology to this game, the co-owner of my LGS wrote a piece on it, specifically the use of the word "control".

https://justplaygames.uk/blogs/gaming-articles/control-in-star-wars-destiny

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

My biggest beef with playing against Holocron decks is that if they don't have Holocron, I'm probably going to crush them. If they have Holocron, they're probably going to crush me. Since they can advance their board with Holocron whilst also playing removal cards with the resources they save. If they don't have Holocron, I can either win by running them out of control cards or outpacing their development.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Hauki posted:

How do you guys store your dice, both for a deck and just general collection? What about cards? I've just got a pile in set order right now, but that's a little cumbersome for deckbuilding.

Also I have no idea what I want to build deck-wise now, I've got 13 new characters, but like none of the supports, upgrades or events that seem like they'd work with them. I don't even have enough of a focus at this point to buy singles to round something out.

I've been using these to store my collection. Each one holds 144 dice. - http://www.ultimateguard.com/en/boxes-cases/stack-n-safe-card-box/stack-n-safe-card-box-480.html

You can obviously store your cards in them too, 480 sleeved cards in each, even more if you don't sleeve.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Vibroknife is really getting me down. Between all the action cheating and Vibroknife ignoring shields, the game is starting to feel deeply non-interactive.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

My local store had a booth at UK nationals this weekend and has the top 16 decklists:

https://justplaygames.uk/blogs/news/star-wars-destiny-uk-nationals-top-16-decklists

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

In the UK we have the opposite problem. We have legacies boxes, but no Rivals packs.

Lots of players are just cracking packs and I know that when draft comes around they won't have the money to take part.

Coming from MTG, the lack of a solid release schedule is maddening. I might not know what the winter 2018 MTG set is going to be called or about, but I could tell you the prerelease and release date months in advance.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Merauder posted:

Rieekan / Yoda / Partisan has been the best iteration of Hero Mill since the game's inception. I believe it actually won a regional somewhere recently, and I know it took second in Portland a month or so ago (lost to a friend of mine playing Poe/Hondo). So yeah... It's solid.

It's very solid, my partner beats me regularly with it.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Does anyone else foresee a Yoda nerf? He feels like the latest in the line of Maz style supports that are too good.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Wezlar posted:

Yoda decks can have a really hard time dealing with Seventh Sister decks and haven't really been doing well since everyone learned to tech against mill so unless there are some sweeping changes I kind of doubt it.

The metagame is in a really good place right now. Of the 18 regionals in the last month 9 different decks won and no deck won more than 3 regionals so honestly they would be kind of insane to start banning cards.

Yeah after playing a regional this weekend I'm inclined to agree with you. I think I might have been a bit hasty to call for a nerf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

And it's been declared dead by ffg