Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Just got word from my distributors that starters are back this week but boosters won't be until the 22nd. Great.

At least it's not the Final Fantasy TCG, where starters are probably back this month but boosters won't be available until February. And at least it's not the Final Fantasy TCG because it sucks, unlike what I hear about this game. I mean I wanted Destiny to suck because I don't want to spend money on it, but someone who owns a comic shop came into my LGS today and the game looks fun. The dice look like they're quality, unlike the tiny Dice Masters hunks of plastic. He said he'd save two starters for me so I can hopefully pick it up this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
"Spot a Blue character to..." is a really ugly way to template "If you control a Blue character..."

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

Is this game playable and fun for two players with one copy of each starter?

Yeah it is! I'm hooked now after playing it tonight. My friend and I got the rules down after not even three turns.

I love the action economy with the alternating actions. It's the best application of that kind of thing I've ever seen.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

The man at my local tournament today who has bought six booster boxes was very upset when he lost to my Kylo+Stormtrooper+Stormtrooper deck made of 3 starters + 3 boosters.

Intimidate is a very good card.

I'm impressed with both that someone was able to buy six booster boxes and there was a place that had a local tournament. I've bought ten packs along with both starters and an extra Rey starter. In all of my packs I only pulled Villain characters and a shitload of yellow Villain cards, so I'm going to use the extra Rey starter to boost my Hero deck and the other cards for my Villain deck.

Unlike every other game, the game doesn't feel watered down when you're playing with just starter cards. There's a lot of strategy just with the premade starter decks. Even with Game of Thrones LCG, which is a very well designed game, you could tell that the introductory decks were an afterthought. These feel more like Magic's duel decks.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone else notice that the Awakenings set includes only characters and events from the first movie of each Star Wars trilogy (plus some generic SW universe art for the fittingly generic cards)? At least that's my impression from two starters and ten packs. If it is that way, it's an inventive way to force themselves to not spread their game's theme too thin too quickly.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

what made you or anyone else itt think FFTCG sucks? the mechanics look sound. the art is kind of hit or miss but it isnt bad. ive been eyeballing both games and trying to decide which id enjoy more

I've played a few games of it, I don't know if you have. It's the standard rip-off of Magic's mechanics because they wanted to put a card game out there, but didn't want to risk going outside the expected mechanics. You play characters, but in addition to tapping backup characters (lands), you can discard cards from your hand to get "mana". Then you can turn your guys sideways to attack, and your opponent can block with their characters, and you compare numbers to see which character dies. But you can't attack on the first turn. What a novel game mechanic, where did they come up with that? The turn sequence is exactly Magic's, also, it's just lazy. Then there's the awkward translation from Japanese, but at least it doesn't have the tiny text problem that other Japanese import games have.

If you want to play watered down Magic with Final Fantasy characters, it's okay I guess. And the synergy between characters from the same game is neat. From what I've heard it's a balanced game, even in Japan where the game's been out for years, so it's got that over Magic's Standard format at least for the time being.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, like I said earlier (and someone disputed), they're really making GBS threads the bed here and it's killing some scenes before they can get rolling. People got their starters, found interest in the game, couldn't get their hands on boosters, and don't want to wait a month to start the game, especially with the holiday season and getting a lot of other gaming gifts.

:rolldice:

I cracked a box today, traded a box of Magic's Kaladesh straight up for it. No regrets! Got a Vader, Luke, Jabba, Poe, AT-ST, and One With the Force.

My LGS is getting three of each starter and a box of boosters tomorrow. It's a small amount, for sure, but I'm hoping it won't be too long before a full release.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

frameset posted:

My local game store has a tournament report for a 16 person tournament I attended recently. Thought you guys might like to check it out, includes top 4 decklists.

https://justplaygames.uk/blogs/news/star-wars-destiny-tournament-meta-and-top-4-lists

Wildly different meta than another tournament I saw (can't pull up the tournament report right now, but it was at Face to Face Games in Toronto) which had a lot of Han in the top seats. I can't wait to run tournaments for this game!

My LGS got in three of each starter and a booster box last night and sold out pretty quickly. I showed someone the game and after one turn he jumped up and bought a bunch of boosters. A couple of confused YuGiOh kids bought some boosters also, which shows why this game is going to take off (as soon as stores can get a reliable flow of product): People love the gambling aspect of opening packs. I had two people tell me they didn't want to play Game of Thrones because they don't get the rush of opening packs.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I want to build a hero deck, but the villain cards are so much fun! Especially in blue.

I have one complaint about the game, and it's not about the mechanics: There should have been a slightly different card frame for hero cards vs. villains. The only way to tell the difference is a small rectangle on the bottom of the cards. To make things worse, many of the villain cards feature heroes on the art and vice-versa. It's led to a lot of people putting the wrong faction into their deck. The old Decipher Star Wars TCG did it well by making the Imperial cards look sleek and manufactured and the Rebel cards look weathered and patched together like you'd expect Rebel technology to look like.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I really want to make a Leia Organa deck now. Has anyone tried her out? I think she'd want two dice for maximum reroll potential, which only leaves you with 14 points. If only Rebel Troopers were 7 a pop.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

I'm trying to build a deck that utilizes Poe Damerons ability to do broken poo poo and i'm looking for more ideas. I got excited earlier when I thought I could roll with Finn and run Crime Lord in my deck, but no go since his ability only applies to weapons and vehicles. Right now the best thing is Thermal Detonator which is a straight 3 damage from the hand to every opposing character. Obviously gonna roll with Launch Bay and Black One. I could still run with Finn which gives me access to AT-ST.

Can you guys think of anything else stupid I could resolve right from my hand in a Poe Dameron deck? Or cards that let me return cards from the discard pile to my hand.

I think you kind of need Finn to buddy up with Poe right now, because the Villain Vehicles are so good. First Order Tie and AT-ST are both non-unique and great anti-shield and anti-support tech.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I might buy two boxes and sell packs to people at cost, just to get people into the game.

Meanwhile, singles are pretty cheap outside of the legendary cards, which are super inflated right now. There's plenty of amazing decks that don't use any legendaries, but it's harder to recommend someone go online and spend $50 on singles than $50 on blind packs in the store they're currently in.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I need another Jabba, and figured I'd ask here instead of eBay or looking on MiniatureMarket.com. Anyone have one for trade/sale? I don't have any Destiny for trade because I'm trying to complete my set and any extras I have are going towards keeping my local playerbase happy while boosters aren't available, but I do have a ton of Magic: The Gathering cards. Lots of Commander staples especially.

I assume trade requests are okay here because I've seen a few of them in the thread.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SphericalDan posted:

Hey Destiny players. FFG just posted tournament regulations:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgam...ext_version.pdf

very interesting that Swiss rounds are single games and only 35 minutes long. Can't wait to start playing in some tournaments at my lgs.

I find the "time doesn't start under a leader says so" (after everyone's completed their setups, mulligans, etc.) is kind of surprising. Dealing with judging Magic for 10+ years and playing for 20+, I can tell FFG that card gamers are going to get ready on their own time. Starting a round at 40 minutes and telling people to hurry up with their mulligans and setup seems like a much cleaner way to do this. As a judge, I don't want to have to wait for players who might be outside smoking, in the bathroom, or otherwise slow at sitting down to start a round. This is why Magic has slow play penalties (which are just recorded warnings at first and don't interfere with the game).

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Played my starter deck with two boosters of changes against a guy who has bought three boxes. Not fun.

Is it a friend? If so, tell him to cough up some of his extras to help you build your deck. That's what I've been doing, since I've opened slightly over two boxes and four starters.

Maybe it's because the game is in its infancy, but we've found that you can have fun with any deck as long as it's as close to thirty points as you can get it with at least three starting character dice.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Finster Dexter posted:

So, how OP is Veers/Jango? Seems like it's the current deck to beat.

I've been trying to ignore the buzz about the hot decks since we're all playing with a limited card pool in my group right now and we want to experiment on our own. That said, I did order a second Veers who is coming today and I did plan on making an eVeers/eJango deck independently of any "netdecking" (I hate that word). I want two Jetpacks for the deck but I don't have them.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a cheap deck because it doesn't rely on any $30+ characters like Vader, Luke, Han, etc. I bought the Veers for $2.50 and I plan on seeing if it's the deck that AT-ST finally fits in.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Net decking is essential if you plan on playing tournaments, not so you can play the popular decks, but so you can know what to expect and how to beat it. This game has a wide enough design space that I think the meta will be pretty wide and healthy, but you should still know what to expect.

If you're playing casually then yeah, ignore the tournament scene and enjoy building your own meta with your group.

Oh, I wasn't saying I hated the concept of netdecking. I like it for exactly the reasons you described. I just hate the negative connotations of netdecking, and also nobody around here has the card pool to do it without spending exorbitant amouts on eBay.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

All stores are being told not to distribute product until the 19th. Even if they get it on the 12th they won't be able to sell it until the 19th. They could always break street dates if they wanted, but thats a risk. FFG wants everyone to sell it at the same time to prevent scalpers buying what they can and reselling online.

In short, about two more weeks. This wave is much bigger than the last one. I know a few distributors are sitting on pallets of the stuff waiting to ship.

I guess I don't understand business, because if I was Mr. FFG I'd be telling people to sell the product as soon as they get it so my game doesn't crash and burn. It's frustrating to only have four of us able to play right now because nobody can get so much as a starter deck. I hesitate to hype the game up too much because people just laugh at it when they hear it's going to take two more weeks for them to own anything for it.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I don't want to lose sight of the fact that this is the best TCG I've played since Magic and I'm just frustrated I can't have more people to play it with. :shobon:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Someone just posted this in the Star Wars: Destiny Facebook group. Is it real?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I mean I won't lie when I say that I was flabbergasted when I opened two booster boxes for in-store singles and added up the prices of the rares/legendaries and it totaled $487. But we also have roughly 30 people playing this thing locally so I'd be a fool to try and make a quick buck now when I could instead invest in the community and have it pay off long-term. It's sad that some shops don't see things that way.

I wonder what the EV of a box really is right now if you sold the six legendaries and all the rares on eBay. I have a box of the newest Magic set coming to me for judging a prerelease and I'm debating asking if I can swap it for a box of Awakenings, but there are only a few more cards I need to complete my playset and they're all legendaries.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

guts and bolts posted:

• red is for weapon upgrades and shooty vehicles with a smattering of versatile or support-oriented heroes
  • yellow is for going mad aggro yo and setting up handshake decks, also the only hard mill hero is in here?
  • blue is for generally controlling the gently caress out of die, with some other traditional control elements in play too

Red is shooty, yeah, but it also has the most swarm mechanics. Hero Red seems like it's Magic's white color, with lots of damage healing. Lukas said that red will often get an extra non-unique character over the other colors in new sets. Yellow has some aggro elements, but it's also the color with the most control when it comes to removing dice, or rerolling them, but that's sometimes risky. It's hard not to think of blue as control since I come from Magic, but it feels like more of a mid-range color. Blue does have a lot of control in changing dice.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

fozzy fosbourne posted:

There are boxes in stock at boardgamebliss right now. I've read that people aren't supposed to sell their stock until the 19th, tomorrow.

I wonder what the price of legendary singles settles to. I guess the mean would probably end up somewhere around the cost of 6 packs, like $10-$15. I imagine when tourney results come out and people start netdecking that there will be some staples that stay pretty expensive and some legendaries that end up being pretty cheap. Right now the character cards are pretty expensive but it seems like they would be more likely to shift in and out of the meta than a really good non-character. Who knows though.

$20-30 for legendary characters seems like it might be where it goes. $10-15 sounds right for individual cards in a deck that a player might not care about having two or even one of, like Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber. But people are always going to be chasing the big name characters because they want to play a Darth Vader deck, and you can't play a Darth Vader deck without Darth Vader.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I want to take apart my Jango/Veers deck because the deck is everywhere. It's also the worst deck outside of maybe a Padme mill deck to teach people with. The free activation on Jango confuses them; hell, it confuses me half the time because I try to take an action and realize my opponent who I let borrow the deck hasn't gone yet. It sucks that Blue Villain is the most expensive out of all the decks because I really want to try something with Vader.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

Stole this from a guy online and have been getting work done with it.

Specifically metabreaking.

So many mediocre support cards! I guess that's what you need in order to hold off and force Jango to activate on his own time.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Everyone I show this game to learns almost all the rules within the first turn. It's astounding. Later in the game more nuanced things like characters only having three shields/upgrades comes up, but the base rules are sooo easily understandable.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I showed three people how to play today, and our X-Wing guy showed at least one other person. It's funny seeing people try to grasp the strategy. Two of them got right away that they needed to maximize the potential of their dice, but two of them got frustrated because they were doing inconsequential things like resolving 1 discard results until I explained that burning away an opponent's resource here and there wasn't really winning the game. Giving them Luke/Akbar was really nice, because I could tell them that their goal was to focus Luke into his 3 melee sides and go to town on my characters.

I need infinite Force Throws and I hate that it's starter-deck only. Such a good card!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Confirmed: The dice are solidly built. I dropped one in the parking lot and it bounced a few times. I picked it up and I'd never know it was dropped onto solid pavement.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
There are no truly terrible cards (maybe the event that lets you draw up to your hand size and the one that increases your hand size +1) which would make for an excellent draft environment if they ever hammered down the rules. It's really the deckbuilding restrictions that stop the game from having limited play. There's a lot of ways around that (letting players mix hero/villain, ignoring color identity, etc.) and they're probably just experimenting to pick the best one.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Iceclaw posted:

Wait... I just caught on... You can remove your opponent's dice? :psyduck: This changes everything.

This is why I need four more for other decks I want to build. The card is so good.

It's also the most commonly asked question people ask about a single card.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

My local facebook group just had an argument about whether when a card instructs you to reroll an opponent's die, whether you're allowed to physically touch it.

Turns out some people are big dumb babies about DONT TOUCH MY ANIMES, STEVEN YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD and get all pissy about it.
I wish I knew who those people were, and could play a Grievous aggro deck against them :haw:

Most Destiny players who didn't come from Magic are facing a rude awakening when it comes to competitive gaming etiquette. Every other day on one of the Destiny Facebook groups there's someone having a meltdown over "netdecking" or the like.

That being said, I'd rather someone reroll their own die. It feels a lot meaner (in the spirit of the game, not in real-life terms) to force them to reroll a good result into something potentially worse. It's also a game store setting, usually, and I'd rather make the least possible amount of contact with another person and things they touched.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

I think Sith Holocron might be the first card to be errated, but I think it's just going to be slightly changed and will still be good. I think it's going to no longer ignore play restrictions. They may also give it a resource cost of 1. But I think even with those changes it's still very powerful.

I really hope they don't do any power level errata. Ban cards if needed, but telling players "You can't play with this card" is a lot better than telling them "This card you opened does something different than what it says it does". The latter makes them have to memorize a completely different card. The Hyperspace Loop can be fixed with a minor rules change, i.e. if you play an event card from your discard, it gets removed from the game... but even that's not a super clean solution.

The reason I could see Sith Holocron being banned isn't that it's too powerful, but that it severely limits what type of blue ability upgrades they can print in the future.

guts and bolts posted:

Jango has workarounds in the same way that the "Hyperloop" does, but unless you bring the silver bullet you're left at the mercy of the dice, which is frustrating. To me, those two decks define the entire structure of what is shaping up to be the meta, and you need to plan on playing one or both of those decks to win any credible tournament.

I haven't seen the Hyperloop in action, but I wonder if Jango would've been better or worse with his original ability, which is now Bala-Tik's ability. On the Knights of Ren podcast, one of the designers said that Jango/Greivous was brutal because it was: kill your guys, ready Jango, steal an upgrade with Greivous. A later game snowball effect (spread across characters with two different damage types) seems less broken than what we have now with the snowball starting at almost full size.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Ultiville posted:

I generally agree with this argument, but Falcon is almost certainly going to eat a ban eventually if they don't errata it, and it's a high-profile flavor card and a legendary. They could solve the Hyperloop combo by banning Hyperspace Jump, but Falcon seriously limits the design space for future yellow events and making it not banish was IMO a big mistake.

It's also possible you could just ban the battlefield (Throne Room?), but there's a risk that wouldn't really do it and bannings that side-attack a combo like that are things you want to be really sure will actually solve the problem or else you just look dumb.

It's also possible that just making their tournaments allow draws, or changing the tiebreaker, would make it not worth running.

You could also try to do some sort of shenanigans with the tournament rules, like defining a loop rule that would just cause you to shortcut through the thing, but it's pretty hard to figure out how you stop the loop from just happening again pretty soon. Unless you say that after you resolve it however many times you banish everything involved to think about what it's done. At that point, though, you might as well just have a list of banned combos.

Banning Throne Room might stop the combo, but like you said, doesn't stop Falcon from breaking future event cards. I still say the cleanest way is to banish events if they're played from the discard pile.

Changing tournament rules makes it better for tournaments, but just as lovely for casual gaming. It's also hard to define a loop rule when they could potentially do some kind of intermediate action like playing something with ambush in between their loop actions.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The Dex Protection Dualist boxes are great. One side for the deck, one side for the dice, and it's lined with velvet. The inner compartments come out and can be used as a dice cup.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

guts and bolts posted:

Here's the version of the eHan/eRey deck I've been running that's basically been steamrolling.

This is the deck I might build for my girlfriend, whose favorite characters are Rey and Han. By her demand, I must put a BB-8 in the deck. Why couldn't BB-8 have a better card? :(

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

guts and bolts posted:

BB-8's weird in that I don't think he's actively terrible, just not good enough to justify the action economy dip that he necessitates. Like, I think I'll be in the minority here, but I generally think dice supports suck and I have exactly none of them in any deck that I run (eLuke/Ackbar, eHan/eRey, eJango/eVeers, eQui-Gon/eRey, eKylo/Nightsister/Sister... like, none of them). Dice supports are great if you're trying to durdle your way around to force Jango to activate honestly, and they're great in the context of specific decks built to maximize them (especially Poe/HG/HG vehicle support decks that run Cunning), but for anything that isn't relying on a handshake or that isn't deliberately trying to do anything other than activate a character, dice supports feel like a tempo loss and a liability more often than not.

My eLuke deck has no supports in it at all, and while I could probably experiment with IBAT I actually like the way it runs at present. The eHan/eRey deck I'm running has Awakening mostly to help Rey and Infamous because in this deck it's incredible. Otherwise, like... yeah.

Anyway it's a fun deck and I highly encourage everyone to try it. It generally plays "honest" Destiny, with very little that feels completely overpowered or exploitative, but it also allows you to sometimes go like four consecutive turns so that's always neat.

I have 2x It Binds All Things in my eLuke/Akbar deck, but I'm going to take it out. First turn I want to play a 2 or 3 cost upgrade, and then every turn after that I want to be playing those same upgrades or saving for control cards. There's never a point where I want to play IBAT. Someone did post their Stormtrooper/Stormtrooper/Nightsister/Bala-Tik deck before that plays a lot of supports including AT-ST. I built it, and it's really good. Characters get upgrades with redeploy, and TIEs and AT-STs do the heavy work because no one's playing anti-support cards.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

guts and bolts posted:

w/r/t dice supports in rainbow villain, I... can see that being effective, yeah. I haven't played against it so I can't comment with anything valuable. I kinda wanna test it against an explosive aggro deck to see if the overwhelming force applied at the start can't just muscle through anything you're trying to setup.

The characters all have 7 or 8 health, and a Jango/Veers deck can easily take out a character per turn with the right rolls and without the rainbow villain deck having the right counter cards. Endless Ranks helps. I think the deck would have more trouble against something like eJabba/Vader that can strip its resources and cards in hand easily, because it's dependent on generating tons of resources and rolling out lots of and/or expensive cards.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm running a tournament Wednesday and playing in it as well. I've got almost a playset of every card, but most people only have basically their one deck, maybe two. For that reason I don't want to netdeck and smash face. I don't care if other people are bringing Jango/Veers, I don't want to create the appearance that it's not worth trying because I'm going to outpace everyone else because I was lucky enough to have the hookups, the store credit, and the foresight to buy as much as I could.

I'm probably going to lend out decks also. I have:

eJabba/Vader: No netdecking, not that I'm against it. Just a deck I put together and tweaked over some testing. I don't have any Force Chokes, but Immobilize and On the Hunt are good replacements.

Trooper x2/Nightsister/Bala-Tik: Someone posted it in this thread, I forget who, sorry. Lots of redeploy upgrades and resource ramp into TIEs and AT-ST. The deck probably loses to Cunning if I'm playing AT-STs. I've won games where I play just a TIE and two redeploy weapons, which is bizarre to me since it's definitely less powerful than the decks I was playing against. It's just lots of dice.

eHan/eRey, same as guts and bolts used with the tweaks below.

Thanks for the tournament write-up! I took out one Scramble and one Heroism for a Daring Escape and a BB-8. Daring Escape naturally has ambush and I think it might be worth it even though it costs 2. Can't hurt to try it out! I'll probably take the BB-8 out whenever my girlfriend isn't playing the deck.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Team Covenant is to Destiny what StarCityGames is to Magic. The most prolific company out there, but their prices are top-end. Most stores are selling boxes for around $90.

Worth noting that a box is 36 packs, so 36 x 3 = $108. For reference, Magic boxes have 36 packs and the MSRP on a pack is $4, which adds up to $144, but no store in their right mind sells a box for more than $110. Full per-pack price for a sealed box of any TCG is outlandish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
One thing Destiny does have in common with Magic, and I think it's true for all card games, is that aggro decks are almost always going to be excessively popular at the beginning of a format. They're so straightforward. I might put together a Jango/Veers deck as a "demo deck" to give to people because it's very simple to say, "here, roll as many of these gun symbols as often as you can". It's the core of Destiny's gameplay in deck form.