Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I don't think they will have problems coming up with new characters. Marketing them is more what I'm thinking about. I'm thinking about it from the perspective of someone approaching the game later this year or next and being told that none of the available products contain the main characters from the films (other than the starters). Who knows, maybe that won't matter.

In imperial assault and the lcg, you can generally just walk up and buy your darth vader mans and be done with it.

Yeah, and I think Decipher introduced alternate title characters after like two sets. I think Hoth had the first ones (which was the 2nd expansion, 3rd set if you count the base set).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Looking over Decipher card lists, wow did they do some wacky stuff. The Dagobah set had TWO light-side characters. Yoda and Son of Skywalker. Ballsy. I remember Jedi Training decks were pretty big in the meta, though.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I'd like to see a lot more support cards, vehicles and ships and whatnot, even if they are by-design sub optimal because they require extra actions to activate those dice.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

banned from Starbucks posted:

Screw you Dash is my extreme waifu!

In Star Wars, there's a character for everybody and everybody has a character.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

After 2.5 boxes I have 0 Admiral Ackbars and it makes me sad. Would anybody be willing to trade me 2 Ackbars for 1 Black One (you will get one of my extras that is unblemished, btw)?

e: actually, I'd be willing to trade 1 for 1; my Black One for your Ackbar

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 20, 2017

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Merauder posted:

I'm down for this.

Anything else you're looking for while we're at it? Rare-wise anyway; I don't have any extra legendaries currently.

I'll double check my collection... (I am in U.S. btw)

e:
Cunning
Tusken Raider
Leia Organa
Padawan
Qui-Gon
DL-44
Comlink
Promotion

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 20, 2017

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Merauder posted:

Great. I know I have extra QG and Leia, might have others. Will take this to PMs later when I can review my stuff (will be late tonight, PST).

Yeah no prob

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

*shrug* I gave my wife my Jango/Veers deck and she is not a gamer at all and only played with Rey starter before this, but I explained how Jango worked and she didn't miss a single activation with him. That deck is her favorite, now.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

How many boxes do I buy before I become ashamed? I'm at 2.5 currently

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Ultiville posted:

Is it now possible to describe the Awakenings release as a punt without people saying it doesn't matter?

In any case, agreed. I managed to get almost 4 boxes, primarily since I worked at the LGS so was in when they came in and able to buy the limit most days, but I still am missing several important things and have almost no trade stock. It's really frustrating, and I'd overall rather give money to FFG/LGSes for more packs than buy singles, but despite having had a box on preorder for months it might just be that the store will never get the promised restocks despite their best efforts.

I get that Destiny is probably difficult enough to produce that slotting more in to factory schedules isn't a trivial matter, but FFG could really stand to learn transparency and communication. Even if they don't have any good news to share, saying nothing about egregious stock shortages is a bad idea. At the very least they should do something to restore faith that it won't be like early Magic sets where it remains legal but becomes impossible to obtain, leaving players who missed out unable to compete until format rotation.

Yeah, I see what you mean. It's too bad, but I'm beginning to agree with this view.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

aaaaaaannnnddddd they're gone

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I'm not enthused that there are already discussions about banning cards and it's the first set. I was hoping Destiny was going to be immune to that, of course that is my naievete.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

Team Covenant are kinda poo poo heads for being so connected with FFG while having the highest prices around for their product. gently caress their smug branding, I'm not paying $20+ more for something just because it's hard to find right now.

I am and I'm going to crack 2 boxes and sell all the extras and still make profit.

e: oh wow this is funny, though: https://teamcovenant.com/product/star-wars-destiny-booster-box-gravity-feed-subscription

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 30, 2017

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

canyoneer posted:

The blog entries are sometimes good though. Except for X-Wing Theorist, that guy's the worst.

Is he the one that thinks his homebrew poo poo doesn't stink because he thinks FFG uses his mods as design guidance?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Helion posted:

Second Luke acquired, whoop whoop. I'm sure I can do *something* with him, he just seems harder than Vader for some reason.

Let me know what you figure out.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

canyoneer posted:

The decision to make some, but not all, starter cards also available as rares in random boosters is so bizarre.

I assumed it's to get people to buy 2 of each starter instead of 1 each that you normally would.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Anally Yours posted:

Boardgamebliss just got some more booster boxes in. Get em while they're hot.

wtf is a gravity feed?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Looks like TeamCovenant has 3 in stock

gogogogo

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

So I've got 2 boxes on the way now, and I'm tempted to ebay scalp a 3rd...

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

canyoneer posted:

Ask me about the 10 boxes I'm sitting on :smaug:

:popeye:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Yeah I had never heard the term before and the paranoid part of me was worrying that it was something dumb like team covenant's box subscription. Like gravity feed was a wacky Canadian term for it.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

BJPaskoff posted:

One thing Destiny does have in common with Magic, and I think it's true for all card games, is that aggro decks are almost always going to be excessively popular at the beginning of a format. They're so straightforward. I might put together a Jango/Veers deck as a "demo deck" to give to people because it's very simple to say, "here, roll as many of these gun symbols as often as you can". It's the core of Destiny's gameplay in deck form.

I give my wife a JangoVeers deck for the exact reasons you say. It's also a decent barometer for my other decks, because if they can't deal with JangoVeers at a minimum, then they need to be re-worked.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

guts and bolts posted:

I am an idiot for not running Riposte in the eHan/eRey deck. Seriously, loving stupid

What is your canonical version of this deck, now? I'm mainly wondering what you took out for Riposte and is it dumb to have 2 OwtF in the deck?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I don't even care if Elite Palp is viable, I will always be running a deck with him. I will of course include "Feel Your Anger" since I already do a hammy Palp impression every time I play it.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

My memory of Decipher CCG was that for some of the characters like Vader and Han, the grey market price rarely, if ever dipped very far throughout the lifetime of the game. Vader was always $50-60. Even after several versions and an unlimited white border version. No idea if that's how things will work this time around, but I'm not too worried about sitting on the couple Vaders I've gotten to see what shakes out.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

What is the deal with Phasma, anyway? I don't think they actually printed any physical copies of Phasma. She just doesn't exist. I have seen (and own) more Vaders than Phasma lmao

Good thing I've opened 4 Poe's and 3 Black Ones :v:

e: also, I just sent 5 Force Training to CSI... lol at opening 7 of those

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 7, 2017

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Any ebay sellers on here? Do you guys just set your stuff as auction or do you pricematch CSI or what do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Don't other CCG's do a single print run for expansions?