Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Even if that's the case, it seems like my primary store isn't getting enough to cover preorders, so I think it's gonna be a bigger deal than just MM not getting what they ordered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

So are we at consensus that there is at least 1 Force Speed per box?

I hope so, it's the only legendary I feel I'll want to use out of this set.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Neat, local duder Nick Obee is running Phasma Bala Trooper in the finals vs some Minneapolis duder's Vader Raider in the finals.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

KO Derf posted:

Who won? I had to drive into work, missed the whole finals, and the stream is no longer available.

Vader Raider took it in two games.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Lump Shaker posted:

Has anyone tried increasing the character point limit and deck size to 40? I wonder what that would look like.

Also, this is my first time really getting into a CCG and I've seen a lot of people trading online in facebook groups, etc. Is there a particular protocol people follow or do you just hope that your trade partner is trustworthy?

My FLGS did that for its league gimmick last month but at the time I only had the starters so I couldn't really participate in it and can't tell you anything worthwhile about said format. Whoops.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Local store is getting less product this second wave than they did the first and still can't cover all their preorders afaik. Supply issues getting resolved is fake news. Sad!

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Well, I went 3-3 in Swiss at the local store championship today, and ended up about 13th out of 30-some players. I'd reckon that was a pretty decent result going into it running a Qui-Gonn/Rey deck with neither Force Speed nor Vibroknife (since I don't own any). It was a bit of a bummer though, since I started out 3-1 and then got completely shut down by eVader/Guard (which killed Qui-Gonn turn one, sad!) and then ePalp, which I didn't really have an answer for.

I'm starting to come around to this game, I think it might replace X-Wing for my FFG star wars competitive game of choice, for a variety of reasons.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Kinda leads into the rumor that Awakenings is being phased out :(

It's not a rumor, there was never any plan to keep sets in production indefinitely.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Red Hood posted:

Anyone else hear the rumor that Empire at War has a release date of Sept. 14th?

That's really soon. Maybe a surprise Force Friday pre-release event?

I hope not, I have baseball tickets on the first :<

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Did a casual 4 rounds of Swiss tourney at the store today, went 3-1 and placed fourth of seventeen running Dooku/Assaj. It's a nasty sort of deck, even if I feel pretty bad at running it still. Got absolutely demolished by Vader/Guard, and coulda had a much easier time vs Snap/Commando/Hired Gun had I remembered to trigger Dooku vs Planetary Uprising earlier. Did get an alt Finn, so that was cool, I guess.

I can't wait to run eVader/Magnaguard.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

So I've bought my two boxes of Empire at War, and I had the same five of six legendaries in both boxes - but I'm not complaining much because the five were K2S0, Seventh Sister, Master of the Council, X-8 Night Sniper, and Ancient Lightsaber.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Merauder posted:

I've noticed that for whatever the reason, maybe it's just the reach of the brand, that this seems to be a lot of people's first foray into TCGs. As a result they don't seem to have perspective on why certain things happen the way they do, which keep being perceived as negatives. First I keep seen people both locally and online complain that "new products are releasing too quickly, I can't keep up, they should slow down/do less", which would be disastrous to the game, letting it stagnate for more than the few months with the same card pool. Now it's rotation and lots of people are throwing up their arms complaining about being unable to use their cards and how they're quitting, without any concept of how dull the competitive game would get if there was no rotation.

Hearing that rotation will "kill" the game in a given area is completely preposterous to me. It's quite literally the only thing that is going to allow the game to grow and hook new people by not making the card pool insanely cost-prohibitive to catch-up on. I'm super in favor of the LCG model vs TCGs, and I even wish FFG would do more aggressive formatting and rotation there for the same reason.

How can people possibly be surprised or upset at set rotation when the LCGs of all things had set rotation announced before Destiny was even a thing? I don't get it. I'm not a huge fan of two cycling formats, but it's not really a huge dealbreaker for me.

e: Galactic Qualifiers looks pretty rad, gonna give me something other than X-Wing to play down at Adepticon this year.

Devlan Mud fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 9, 2017

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

So does this mean I️ need to pull all my 2p Starter Set cards from my current decks cause we aren’t in Legacies yet, or are they just going to drop all the old crap once Legacy releases and we’re officially in the next rotation?

Nope, products from an "unreleased cycle" aka the 2p Starter Set currently, are legal in both Standard and Trilogy.

Currently Standard, Trilogy, and Infinite are all the same card pool. When Legacies releases Standard and Infinite will be all currently released sets, while Trilogy will be only Legacies.

EDIT::

My major issue with rotation is by rotating out whole cycles at a time, Empire At War (and it's equivalent third booster sets) are only Trilogy legal for about three months, and only Standard legal for about 15, which reduces the value of those cards in the rotation.

Devlan Mud fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 10, 2017

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Prize Wall at Galactic Qualifiers looks pretty juicy.

Lots of spot-glossed Legacies characters, but no Legacies battlefields that I can see.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

siggy2021 posted:

I love destiny, but I wish it was run by anyone else. Between date fuckery, having no idea when the next set is coming out, and flip flopping on draft errata rulings I'm getting irritated. On top of that they refuse to post rulings from emails somewhere and just continue responding only by email.

They have a good thing going here and seem to be intent on continually loving it up.

everyFFGgame.txt

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So between this and the Wangs is X-Wing the healthier game? I don’t see Armada talked about at all so I’m assuming that’s a very niche game now

Destiny has been pretty dead here all month but that's due to holidays and the Legacies delay more than anything I'm guessing. Armada of all things has been having a (slight) resurgence locally. Armada stuff doesn't have its own thread either, it's stuck in the FFG star wars thread with the approximately zero people that still play the LCG.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

KO Derf posted:

Legacies is out, though it appears to not be the full shipment as some places have far less than others and say they are getting more soon. I haven't had my cards arrive yet, but I really don't need them since my FLGS is going to be doing draft over the next couple of weeks.

Thus far it seems that everyone wants 2 Yoda. If you get one, you can basically name your price to anyone who wants to attend a regional and wasn't lucky to pull him from a pack.

Yeah I've got one Yoda and no Force Speeds and I'm pretty much just telling everyone who makes me an offer to throw a pair of Force Speeds in and I'll consider it.

So far nobody has, but I'd really have to think about that.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

PlesantDilemma posted:

I'm a casual player and have a question. Does anyone use the battlefield card "Outer Rim Outpost"? It's claim is "Gain 1 resource and draw a card." I don't understand the advantage of drawing a card when claiming the battlefield. I'm about to draw cards until I have 5 in my hand anyway when the other player ends the round. Is there some other card or strategy that this pairs with?

Gives you something to discard for Dooku's ability or is protection against Quinlan Vos' special side, I guess.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Corte posted:

Played my 5-man draft today and won out 4-0. I was initially worried as I didn't feel I was able to draft any great characters but I did get a Jedi Temple Guard and Clone Trooper. I was initially leaning towards running Lobot-Ketsu-Jedi Temple guard but ended up going with Clone Trooper-Ketsu-Anakin. I definitely was able to see the importance of dice and damage. I had a lot of fun and could see myself playing again. I'm weary of delving into constructed due to what I assume are significant costs to build a competitive deck and there not being a big scene/community in my area. Thanks again for all the helpful advice.

There’s definitely competitive decks in constructed that don’t use legendaries and thus have a lot cheaper start up costs, FFG’s recent article that highlighted a pair of Mother Talzin/Vet Trooper/Vet Trooper decks comes to mind immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

frameset posted:

Does anyone else foresee a Yoda nerf? He feels like the latest in the line of Maz style supports that are too good.

Aayla probably needs a Balance of the Force points increase more than Yoda but I don't think either of them are so overpowering that it's a need.