Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Strawberry Panda posted:

That and the ref banning a heel from ringside.

I will never get tired of the,"THAT'S IT PAL! YOU! ARE! OUTTA HERE!" spot :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Red Shoes telling BC to suck it is the greatest version of this spot and wrestling should probably ban it going forward because what is the point?

The Bucks physically recoiling from the shock of the SUCK IT is loving amazing :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

I have never sat 2nd balcony before. Never have really had issues on the first, but holy moly

Goddamn that is terrible

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 14, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

KUSHIDA is now getting a title shot against Cody after doing nothing to earn it beyond losing his TV title.

He earned a title shot by being KUSHIDA :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Greatest ROH Champion ever, at a time that he had become the best wrestler in the world (as Clamdigger Danielson plummeted down the rankings)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

did anybody watch the ppv

I planned to but last minute plans got in the way, unfortunately.

I used to get every ROH PPV until their iPPV streaming got so bad that I just gave up in frustration, and I've largely fallen out of touch with the promotion since. That's a shame, because I've seen some really great shows and some excellent characters/wrestlers in ROH but they just seemed to lose all momentum for me a few years back.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nick Searcy being on ROH was already a mindfuck, watching him heel it up and catch a beating was incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Even with all the responses I read before watching it I still got tonal whiplash from this thing :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Assuming it actually has the archives, this might be a must-sub for me

Sad to say that I'm still reluctant to give ROH money for anything involving streaming, since they used to botch their iPPVs so spectacularly to the point that I just gave up on watching them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

didn't he get fired for having a fight with a chair?

And demanding a confused referee count a pinfall, from memory.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was the chair at least Japanese?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please tell me he took the pin :pray:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Stephen Amell loving rules.

Hell yeah he does.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

To be fair "Because it's KUSHIDA that's why" is pretty sound thinking :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is that a free or paid service? I went to the website and it offers a paid "plus" option but I don't know if that means there are selected shows free or just highlights packages to advertise the actual shows?

11pm Wednesday isn't a bad time to watch, especially now that LU is gone for awhile and NXT is on at 8.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Is Dalton wearing Cody's stupid ring?

I think the ring is a pretty cool idea but it's also pretty obviously a heel thing so short of Dalton wearing it to look pretty which in turn frustrates Cody, I don't see them doing much with it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Kenny is bi, Okada is straight, Tanahashi is ace.

This line of questioning caused a lot of pain when somebody misunderstood Suzuki's claim that he would gently caress anybody who got in his way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I just caught up with Dalton Castle/Jay Lethal and uhhhh Castle's bacne is very unsettling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sinclair are pieces of poo poo, make no mistake, and should be called out on the crap they pull, but please take discussion of their involvement in politics to relevant threads in D&D unless it actually starts being reflected in actual ROH programming.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I just had a flashback to Julius Smokes screaming,"TRANSFORM! TRANSFORM!" at Jigsaw to convince him to take his mask off. I'm still sad that the very second Jigsaw did, Smokes didn't go,"Actually you know what nevermind..."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Age of the Fall loving ruled and that night they beat the Briscoes and then left their screaming music playing for like 10 minutes so the crowd couldn't give the Briscoes an ovation to make them feel better was world class heeling :discourse:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

poo poo, I just remembered that Aries was the guy who broke up/hosed over Age of the Fall, right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really was unsure whether to go with ROH or NXT as both shows look great on paper (and a pretty good UFC too) but then fate intervened and now I won't be able to see any of them, which I guess means all three shows are going to be the greatest thing anybody will ever get to see live in the history of the universe. So you have me to thank for that! :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fart blood posted:

Oh I see. Gonna be absent during a discussion thread yet again. Just like during Smackdown. Oh sure go on and leave fine I’ve been alone before **cries incessantly**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjcvCT_0z6E

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mercury Crusader posted:

Taven won the match because Cody's knuckles started bleeding from punching Taven in the head. ROH is good.

Seriously? That's loving amazing, haha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Have heard very positive things about Daniels as an agent.

He makes a killer appletini

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Taeler was apparently heckled by fans at a booking in San Antonio this weekend. Chants obviously included Jay Lethal's name

What giant piles of poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I used to love ROH but I basically gave up on it after they had a string of shows where their streaming just completely poo poo the bed and I got to see barely any of the shows I paid for live.

I'm sure they've fixed things since then, but once I stop watching something regularly it's very easy to just stop entirely. Lucha Underground has the same issue for me, though of course ROH is actually doing really good numbers while LU is just lurching towards a slow and drawn out death.

• Locked thread