Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

blue squares posted:

Can someone recommend to me some great romantic comedies from pre-1980? Preferably ones that also are great films (direction, editing, etc), but really just wonderful love stories make me happy. I plan to watch Harold and Maude, and I've seen Annie Hall, but I want to know more. I've seen all of the essential rom coms of the 80s and onward (because it is secretly my favorite genre), but not many of the ones earlier.

Do people think Some Like it Hot counts? Maybe its the anti romantic comedy.

City Lights is a great movie and a great romantic comedy. It also has one of the best endings of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

If you liked City of Angels, I highly suggest the better version of the story Wings of Desire.
If you want to see an anti romantic comedy I suggest Fox and his Friends.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

precision posted:

Paul Rudd is stupidly entertaining in like, everything ever.

Unless he is Paul Stephen Rudd in Halloween 6

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

there wolf posted:

It doesn't help that a lot of queer films, especially the ones with money behind them, are dramas and art house dramas at that. I wouldn't say My Own Private Idaho is a bad film, but it's not something you throw on for a fun movie night.

You are saying Fox and his friends is not a fun date movie?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Moreau posted:

Its a bit out on the edge of the genre, but I was always partial to Always with Richard Dreyfuss and Holly Hunter. If Raising Arizon didnt lock in a lifelong love of Holly, this sure did.

Roxanne with Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah is sublime.

Crash is another great one with Holly Hunter

• Locked thread