Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Waffleman_ posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1363291

Here's a roundup on info regarding characters considered for Marvel vs Capcom 3.

God, this is depressing seeing who was mooted then discarded while some truly boring characters still made it in. Still, it goes both ways though - I refuse to believe there is anyone on the planet who would have wanted The Hood in either.

Presumably for Infinite they can just stick a ScarJo-ish head on Jill Valentine, give her a new super and a zap move and call it a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It still makes me laugh to this day that a barely remembered film cash-in game had a voice cast consisting of Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Christian Bale, Liam Neeson, Cillian Murphy, Ken Watanabe and Tom Wilkinson.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
So do we know yet if they’re MGS2’ing this thing? It would make sense in a learning the ropes/mechanics stylee.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Aphrodite posted:

Did you guys see the photo mode trailer? They have comic book cover backgrounds and even the little cartoony 10cents Spidey face corner you can add.

https://youtu.be/RPVCyIb6lYM

Holy poo poo.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am an old boring man and instead got the physical media version.

As I sit here watching the oh-so-slow progress bar reach the 50% downloaded mark with 9 hours left (*if* my connection doesn't crap out), I kinda wish I'd done the same.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Imma just swinging around New York taking photos, picking up Pete’s old crap, and leaving dudes webbed to walls and girders in my wake, there may as well not be a story mode because I don’t need it yet.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Weird, Pete and MJ having split up and only just talking to each other again has bummed me out far more than breaking them up in the comics ever did. Come on, you crazy kids, sort your poo poo out.

And Yuri owns, I don’t get the hate.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Exclusive footage of TwoPair’s Spider-Man in action:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamePhysics/comments/9e5h1j/spiderman_mr_stark_i_dont_feel_so_good/

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
JJ's rants are glorious, the way he spins literally every single thing Pete does in a negative way. Spidey helps a sad old guy by collecting pigeons for his roost = SPIDER-MAN MUST EAT PIGEONS! Saving an apartment block from a dangerous steam pressure build up = VANDALISING PEOPLE'S HOMES!

Also Spidey's not-Twitter feed, goddamn.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Holy moley, the Spirit Spider suit.

:stare:

Gonna selfie the gently caress outta this now.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
OH HELL YES

(late side mission spoiler)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
WTF, Laura Bailey is Mary Jane? She usually has that Steve Blum thing going on of being instantly recognisable but I didn't pick up on it at all here.

This is the only non-traditional costume I will ever accept.

:colbert:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hey MayorOsborn and Sable - LEAVE :golfclap: SPIDER-MAN :golfclap: ALONE :golfclap: YOU :golfclap: COWARDS

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Speaking of, clocked it. My gut has been well and truly punched, goddamn.

:cry:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I feel like I can no longer post in BSS because my favorite Spidey suit in the game is

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1041095892823097344

It's just so like the regular spidey suit, but so shiny and angular. It hits all the good spots in my lizard brain.

Nah, it's a nice one. I basically switched between that, the classic and the Homecoming one the entire time, with an honourable mention for the Spirit Spider for metal selfies. The cel-shaded one is nice too but it just leaves you wanting the entire thing done to match.

Would have been nice to get a real old skool one with the Ditko web patten and underarm wings but hey, maybe next time.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Skwirl posted:

I want the next game to have Peter trying to help the world out by working at Oscorp on hyper efficient personal gliders to cut down on pollution and aid in search and rescue.

Hahahaha, oh god yes. And have those pumpkins MJ saw be a vaccination delivery system you help improve.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Jesus, Taskmaster's challenges were pain enough but Screwball's are a whole all-new, all-annoying level of gaaaaaaaaah.

PHOTOBOMB!

Plus she hurts Pete's feeling if you don't get plat :(

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
All this fighting game talk just makes me wish Sega would stop loving about* and make a VF6. I've never felt more glorious in a fighting game than wu-shuing the gently caress out of my Akira and Lion playing chums with Lei-Fei. Everything flowed so beautifully, I almost felt I really was a kung fu master schooling chumps while dressed in his underpants.

* Admittedly, that's been their business model for 30 years so why change now, etc

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'd like an open city Blade game where I get to drive around in a muscle car putting as many pasty-faced uphill-skating motherfuckers to the sword as possible please, or a Catwoman/Black Cat heist thing where you sneak into various places to nab the loot (thinking a less murderous Hitman type thing - popping into the Baxter Building or Sanctum Sanctorum would be wild). A Jess & Jen team up for detective-cum-courtroom adventures would also be acceptable.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I get where Jordan is coming from, I also finally got round to installing Miles Morales after getting it with my PS5 a year ago and I can't shake the feeling I was more impressed visually with the main game on PS4. Maybe it's just the gloomy winter setting though making everything look a bit glum, dunno. And yeah, had a few weird bugs here and there, it certainly feels rough around the edges.

But on a more positive note, Miles owns, swinging around still owns, and I've just unlocked The Best Suit so I'm more or less happy. Had to turn off its frame effect though because it was messing up my eyes.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Soonmot posted:

i'm already cold toward card based gameplay and this did not do anything to change that for me.

Same, card games, turn-based games, can’t stand them so it’s a shame about this as I would have been totally up for playing as Illyana and hacking thing’s up with the Soulsword or dumping chumps into Limbo. Ah well.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Ah, Shadow Man. I loved Redd Pepper's portentous doom-laden tones gettin' all introspective as you go deeper and deeper into the Aslyum. Plus Legion calling you a pillock at the end of it for believing all the prophecy bollocks.

Anyway, there have been games going back to the 80s. Daley Thompson's Decathlon, slayer of a million joysticks would like to have a word.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
All that wretchedly dull Gotham Knights trailer tells me is that they should have just made an Azbats game instead and let me fire bat shuriken out of my Xtreme gauntlets and dig dozens of gadgets out of my dozens of pouches. Just go full 90s with it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

FilthyImp posted:

AzBats DLC with a GrimGruff VO and edgy over the top dark story that gets lampooned in game would be a day one purchase for me.

Az: "My hand... THIRSTS FOR THE BLOOD OF THE WICKED!"

ORACLE: "Uhhhh... That guy just had a few parking tickets"

Az: "Never again will this sinful wretch park in a disabled spot, Computer Woman. SO VOWS THE BATMAN!"
*car explodes under a barrage of shurikens*

Day loving One.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Why hasn't someone made a DMC/Bayonetta-style game with Blade last gen/this gen? I just want to cut vampires and gently caress up some ice skaters, man.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I love the whole non-lethal contrivance so much. Arkham Asylum had me in fits with the detective mode showing the guys who just got kicked off a floor and fell 20ft are still alive while wrapped around a fence, their bones distorted beyond recognition.

hiddenriverninja posted:

They have an hour to rescue that guy before the webbing melts lol

Peter is a job creator, there’s probably people making a full time living rescuing webbed ne’er-do-wells from various dizzying heights.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Holy poo poo, the trailer for the Hellboy game looked like it jumped right off off Mignola's pages, just ridiculously gorgeous.

ImpAtom posted:

It is unironically the best X-Men game ever made that just happens to not just be about X-Men characters.

Like if they used everything from this but just transplanted it to the Xavier Mansion it would be a perfect X-Men simulator.

Gah, please stop saying this, I don't like card games or X-Com or turn-based stuff but all you folks gushing over the character stuff are making me super curious about it because who doesn't want to hang out with best girl Magik and get a Cyclops Was Right shirt?

Dammit.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lobok posted:

Pick him up and throw him?

:five:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Finally checked out the State of Play and good lord, Suicide Squad looked like the most tedious poo poo in ages. And I feel bad saying that as I know a guy who works there but ew, nothing about it looks appealing in the slightest.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
..so do people just go around vaping Batman now or making tea out of him or something?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Okay you goobers, this card bobbins better be worth it!
(it’s 50% off at the moment)

I have been playing 10 minutes and Illyana still isn’t here, this is a disgrace. I did like Old Man Johnny though, he looks good like that.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Surely the most agonising decision in the history of video games: should I tell Illyana about her surprise party?.

I’m thinking yes but probably won’t.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
loving HELL, Carol is a beast. Which makes sense but drat, only Illyana and Hunter come close right now. Nico's spells so far make me wanna cry in comparison.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
You best not be disparaging my boy Robbie, buddy, I’m digging him and Pete’s shop pals bromance. Also proper lol at the real reason behind Blade’s Book Club.

”Illyana, we can’t kill Tony for leaving the fridge open…”

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
See, the way you feel about Carol is how I feel about Iron Man, minus the Binary thing. He just consistently feels underpowered and useless to me (despite having more epic cards than anyone else at the mo), I've stopped bothering unless I have to. At the moment, I'm basically Hunter & Magik BFFs 4eva + one other, usually Blade or Nico (I got a better handle on her since my earlier post), with Spidey or Carol if the others are injured/on ops. Tony, Strange and Steve are on abbey duty. Robbie yeah, he's too much effort for too little reward right now, those drop cards are The Worst.

The main takeaway is that I would totally read/watch a team book/show with Hunter, Illyana, Nico, Blade, Robbie, and Peter being Super Pals doing occult stuff together. EMO Kids 4 life, yo.

I did think about getting the DLC too but honestly, IDGAF about Venom, Deadpool or Morbius. Would totally be up for Storm tho.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

RevKrule posted:

I spend most of the game with the gal pals group of Hunter, Magik, and Nico.

Gal Pals for life.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Peter and Robbie are getting their arses kicked in Fortnite or something, ask Nico and Magik for help.
Nico refuses but Illyana offers some magic words for them: "Git gud."

It really is the little moments.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Got the one round win and no damage taken trophies thanks to Logan and Illyana being AWESOME as gently caress. My man just sliced the everliving poo poo outta all of these motherfuckers while we dumped the rest through a nice trip throuh Limbo. I am having an obscene amount of fun with this game.

Am a little disappointed that Illyana’s challenge outfit isn’t Full Darkchylde goat legs, horns and a tail but the leggo card will have to do.

lmao at the Cyclops Was Right outfit, love it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hunter’s VA reminds me of Mark Meer’s flatter take on Shep in the first Mass Effect, feels like she’s playing it pretty neutral for the most part. I guess considering she’s a sheltered middle ages girl resurrected in the present day to all sorts of crazy poo poo it kinda works but it’d have been nice if the VA had moments to let loose because she was great playing unhinged as Trilla in Fallen Order.

I have a new favourite spell to use on all those big, beefy bastards who like to put shields up every other minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Woah, Magik just merked the poo poo out of Sabretooth, lol get hosed Vic.

I just finished Book Club and am upset that i) I’m nearing the end; and ii) Hunter didn’t get to suggest a book. I could read Illyana’s shitposting on hero Twitter forever.

It’s good that there’s pet the dog and cat prompts but there also needs to be a pet Peter option too, bless him.