Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Is it fun though? I enjoyed all the Walking Dead stuff and the Game of Thrones one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Dear Netherrealm, please make Zatanna DLC. I even have a new super move for you guys...

That was like her main power in that Justice League dungeon crawler nobody remembers.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

MvC saw Dragonball Fighterz coming and just decided to go out with a whimper. It'd have been nice to have two awesome fighters at the same time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Hopefully there's some good early reviews for Spider-Man. I'm on the fence, but if I hear good things, I'll pre order last minute to get those costumes.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Professor Wayne posted:

Scarlet Spider hoodie or Scarlet Spider onesie?

Hoodie, and the suits special power creates holographic "clones" to distract enemies.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, Capcom's beat-em-ups were superior. Final Fight is a better simple game, and the D&D ones are nicely complex enough to do the licence justice within the genre.

Capcom also did Alien vs Predator, but you have to give Konami some respect for the Simpsons.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I'm pretty sure there's a pre download in a day or two, and you can play the game Thursday night.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Yup. Spider Punk would be the official Spider-Man of BSS if it wasn't for hard hat Spider-Man, but I don't think we're getting him anytime soon.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Not me. That’ll always be my favorite Spider-Man toy.

Would it be a spoiler to talk about what suits aren’t in the game? I can think of six off the top of my head that are major exclusions.

Black suit, Ben Reilly as Spidey, Future Foundation, Bagman, comic Iron Spider, and cosmic Spider-Man.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Action is his reward.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

They’re also in that big teaser image for the new Guardians of the Galaxy, but yeah; they got replaced as Marvel’s resident dysfunctional space family.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I honestly feel like Dan Slott's credit isn't for him doing any actual writing but more that the game cribs pretty heavily from his run, with FEAST, and Peter using gadgets and focusing on his science, on Ock being a big part of the game, and having Mr Negative be a big deal. Kinda like how the MCU films always give a 'Special Thanks' credit to the writers and artists whose runs get used as big inspiration for the films (like TNC, Stelfreeze, Priest, Hudlan and McGregor getting credit for Black Panther)

And yeah, the Mk IV armour got a lot of use for me because it makes the most sense as being a suit that has the gadgets and high-tech stuff from the game.

Coogler did actually talk to TNC during the production of Black Panther. Apparently they're friends, and that's how he got the information on Stelfreeze's idea for the kinetic absorbtion suit long before the comic was published.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Glad to see Nightcrawler. Being able to have four people with their own Switches, and the optional new camera angle has me pretty excited. Hopefully there’s plenty of cool costumes for each character.

Go team Spider with Peter, Miles, Gwen, and Venom.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Isn’t Wolverine pretty popular in Japan relative to other Marvel characters?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Wolverine is way more prominent than anyone else. Everyone sprouts from his back. You can tell they carefully chose who goes where.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Looks fun. I like the heroic camera. Now we just need to hear about alternate costumes.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

All this needs is to reference that Miles writes fanfiction of himself and Ms Marvel as furries dating and we'll have the greatest Marvel game of all time.

I don’t think they confirmed the voice actor for Miles yet, but he sounds just like the Miles from Spiderverse.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

One of my coworkers is in the top Everquest guild. Ice T made a video poo poo talking a rival guild a couple months ago.

Is anything confirmed about the new Avengers game, or are people getting worked up over nothing?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The Game Informer article mentions a team bonus for Midnight Sons. I think Blade was announced, but I hadn’t heard anything about Ghost Rider.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Kevin Smith is skinny as gently caress these days. He was already pretty trim, but after his heart attack he went vegan.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Any word on alternate costumes?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

So I've been replaying PS4 Spidey and I just snapped Avengers Tower, and Peter mentions that the Avengers are on the west coast at the moment, which tracks with them being in San Francisco in the game.

But then how can Taskmaster be on both coasts? Hmmm...

During the presentation announcing the Avengers game, they said that they’re going to have a special surprise for PS4. It seems pretty obvious that they’re getting at least early access to Spider-Man in the game.

IF Square can make Avengers half as good as Spider-Man, it’ll be a really fun co op game.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I know the Marvel Knights DLC in UA3 is just going to be street characters, but it’d be kind of awesome if it included characters from the less street level MK books like the Sentry and Marvel Boy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

PS4 Spider-Man added the two Far From Home suits.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Yeah. I kind of like that it’ll give the game more replayability for me.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It was fun when it wasn’t required for a mission.

Never cared for the Court of Owls. Next Batman game trilogy should be Batman: Black Glove, Batman and Robin, and Batman Incorporated.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

What's next?? Arkham world? Arkham PLANET?!

In the 853rd century, Pluto is Arkham Planet.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The Arkham games have done some trippy stuff, so I’d love to play as Zurr En Arrh Batman while Batmite floats around you.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

You play as Harvey, right?

No, that’s the Birdman crossover.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah that seems like a no brainer but you'd have to add some element to it that makes it "The Punisher" rather than just another GTA clone. I'd picture something more along the lines of Splinter Cell or MGS than GTA but something that that uses different gangs and corrupt cops taking over areas of a city I could see. It would have to more tactical than GTA and involve more stealth and sniping and poo poo.

I heard decent things about the PS2 Punisher game but most of it was just about all the crazy ways you could murder and torture people so I never checked it out since all I could think of was Manhunt and I didn't like that game.

It’s kind of a Max Payneish, dive and shoot. I haven’t played it since high school, but I had a ton of fun with it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’ve never owned a console on launch, but I think this is going to be the one for me. Especially if it launches with a Spider-Man game.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m the opposite. I just want to get into super hero shenanigans with people online, and show off our outfits. I need something to fill the Marvel Heroes sizes hole in my heart.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

As someone on Twitter pointed out, if you look closely at the eyes of the Superman in that image you can see cracks around the skin.

Either Superman is getting some Kryptonian crows feet, or that’s a Bizzaro.

Also seeing this game reminds me that they planted the seed for this game in a post credit sequence for Arkham Origins of all places.

Looks like some cold fog coming from his eyes too.

The government making a Bizarro, and using the Suicide Squad to clean it up sounds like something that probably happened already.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

They gave Boomer limited super speed like his son in the comics.

Samoa Joe is a good choice for King Shark because he looks like he could beat a shark to death with his bare hands. Plus, he has a good sense of humor.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

catlord posted:

If that interview is supposed to reassure me they're taking it in the right direction, it's doing a piss-poor job of it.

What the gently caress is this answer.

Sounds like it’ll be more like beat em up type combat compared to Arkham’s flowing more rhythmic combat.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Playing as Green Goblin was probably the best part of that game. Just missiles and bombs everywhere.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

They might give Peter the symbiote. Having Miles have to fight an out of control Peter would be really cool.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Adidas over Nike any day.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That’s giving me Butt Anxiety (shout out to the poo poo Kids Say thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The DC Scribblenauts game was a lot of fun. Just spawning random characters, and seeing what happens. Almost any character you can imagine.