Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I really liked UA3 but personally I feel it lacks the replayability of the other two (at least to me) and so I honestly haven't gone back to it after my first runthrough and a little dicking around in the side missions. I might try some of the DLC but I've got other games to play so I'm not really itching to get back to that.

e: My biggest complaint is that the other characters that aren't in your team don't level with you (if memory serves, the other games kept the rest of the characters up to just a few levels behind your active squad the whole time, though I could be misremembering) so if you wanna try mixing up your team with some characters you unlocked earlier, well then you better take your new team and replay the early levels or grind like a motherfucker. That's an especially big problem when some of the side missions are locked to specific characters. Like "Oh, you didn't play through the whole game with Hulk? Too bad bitch, better get to grinding!"

e2: oh and the online sucks poo poo, but that's just par for the course with Nintendo.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Crowetron posted:

I think Gumshoe might actually be too good of a cop to work for the Gotham PD.

Yeah, he's too dumb to be crooked

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
jesus christ can anything not be a shared universe these days?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Green Lantern - I don't know how the gently caress you could pull this off since his power is literally "can create anything" so the problem is how do you map that concept to a controller? Maybe you start off a little green (heh) and have to unlock more powers as you go and then have each level be context sensitive in a way that changes the poo poo the ring does in different ways depending on the mission to where the game controls a lot of it. You could play as several other Lanterns on a bunch of weird No Mans Sky or Outer Worlds planets and maybe crib from Mass Effect or Deus Ex and how they handled powers and skills. Obviously each mission is on a 24 hour time limit.

I think the Wonderful 101 is basically a GL game. I mean, no one can fly, but beating up enemies by forming a bunch of weapons and other crazy poo poo? That's GL, baby.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I know I posted it earlier in the thread, but Wonderful 101 is basically the closest anyone's gotten to a good Green Lantern game. A big corps of superheroes, constructs, and a final battle takes place in space against alien conquerors.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 3, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
loving sold.

The only thing I'm worried about is I really don't want them to off Peter and I just feel like it's something that has a high probability of happening.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ahhh I see.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Plus they acknowledge it in the Firefly chases.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

MUA 1 was definitely the best just from a completeness standpoint. It had the most heroes with the most costumes with the biggest difference between abilities so it wasn't just the same attacks with different names.

it's kind of amazing that two sequels and over a decade and developers don't seem to remember/have grasped that fans like alternate costumes. Like, that first game had poo poo like Beta Ray Bill as an alt for Thor and now (if you pay extra money) you can unlock... Ultimate Thor. yaaaay.

MUA 1 is far from a perfect game and I'm pretty sure if I went back and tried to play it now it'd probably suck and I'd jump off of it, but yeah, it's a way more complete game than either of the sequels. (plus it has a better story imo with Doom trying to steal power from Odin instead of Thanos trying to get Infinity Stones again, loving yawn)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the Batmobile would've been fine if it were just a way to get around, a neat bonus sort of thing. For instance, chasing down bad guys' trucks or Firefly is fun but it's never crucial. The problem is that they basically made it a plot element. I mean, there is a whole segment of the game devoted to you having to get the Batmobile a new fuel cell because it's disabled in the fear gas. Like, motherfucker I know you have a jet and probably other cars or other Bat-modes-of-transportation around that aren't disabled, don't pretend that fixing that loving car is vital. (Plus he has to go down into a fear gas cloud to do it, which is dumb. Again, don't tell me you can't get Alfred to air drop you a goddamn gas mask)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

Agreed that some of the costumes look ugly, specifically Robin with a full helmet. It does appear to be post AK Jason, with the scar on his face, but wasn't that a J?

It was a brand in the shape of a J in AK so yeah, I'm pretty sure it's playing fast and loose with canon, if it's even trying to pretend it's in the Arkham universe.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Man I don't even remember him in City.

It's a very minor (and very missable) side story. Plus it doesn't have nearly as cool or interesting end than like, the Hush plot for example. You just dodge some shots, do a stealth takedown, and lock him in a train car, the end.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't think so... but then I guess they've never shown him having a problem with guns so why not.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

He looks SO much younger now and kind of a bit like Tom Holland

Agree hard about the young part, it's kinda bothering me. This is supposed to be a Spider-Man who's been at this poo poo for a while now (iirc at one point they show his D.O.B onscreen for a second and the math puts him in his late 20s) but the new face looks like he could be going to school with Miles. I mean, I found the old Peter model pretty crap to look at so I guess this is the lesser of two evils ultimately, but I think I would've preferred a workup of the old model instead of scrapping it and putting not-Tom-Holland in.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well poo poo then...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wow just seeing that made me realize that Miles has only had like the one costume since his introduction, huh? I guess you add the Spider-Verse costume of course, and maybe the lovely Halloween costume from his introduction, but that's still gonna end up being a lot of original costumes if they're gonna have anywhere near the first game.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ditto with the 2099 suit and I think the SHIELD one too. But hey if you're pulling for material you use what you have

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The white one is kinda blah but I am loving down for Kamen Spider. It's probably the closest we'll ever get to playable SP//DR.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I like Origins over Knight there i said it :colbert:. Maybe it's just because I got lucky and never experienced a glitch but honestly I liked it and it doesn't leave me with as bad a taste in my mouth as something like Arkham Knight's totally shocking reveal :geno: or that goddamn car.

The only thing that really ticked me off in Origins was the end to the Enigma story. Like wow, he was the Riddler the whole time, who could have possibly loving guessed? Every other game has the decency to let you beat him but the Origins team seems to think the reveal alone is actually remotely surprising and that finding it is a win.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Has anybody here played Miles Morales on the PS4 and if so how does it run? I'm probably not gonna get a PS5 for a while but I do wanna play MM if it's good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

eddie kinda has the proportions of someone who skips leg day tho

Well he did get big in the 90s...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Combat almost looks Arkham-y at times. Which I am perfectly fine with.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

Is there anything about PS5 being available to people at retail finally?

Maybe that's why they're waiting till 2023 :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Another thing I'm wondering, they showed the spider emblem on a black background before the title and that has me wondering if we'll get black suit Peter. Like, that's a trademark of the mythos of Venom, and they very specifically did not have the symbiote suit in the first game. Especially now that we have Miles to play as, maybe there'll be a chapter or two with like a berserk black suit Peter.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Like maybe in the game you're able to switch Spider-Men whenever but Peter gets venom-ed and then you're forced to play Miles until you can chase him down and get the symbiote off him.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Imagining game devs whispering to each other:

"Hey, what if we made a game... that you play... and finish... and that's it?"
"...holy poo poo, is that allowed?"

"It just ends? So it's a visual novel then?"
"No no it's an action game"
"...what the gently caress, you're talking crazy, man"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thebardyspoon posted:

I think Last of Us got a rerelease on PS4 which they called remastered like a year after the original, maybe a little longer.

yeah the original was on PS3, Remastered on PS4 13 months later

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Finally a Spider-Man game that will let me be the emissary of hell and gun motherfuckers down.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

nude bananaman

The sixth Sinister Six member finally revealed

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure if Square Enix's expectations is a simple flowchart saying "is it pulling Final Fantasy numbers? If yes then good, if no then its a disappointment."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm not all the way through but I kind of wish the game would just pause when I'm selecting all the Guardians' actions because sometimes there's a lot of poo poo going down and there's a lot of abilities and I just can't think that fast with my dumb brain so I end up getting hit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

You can set the level of "Guardian mode" slow-down in the settings. I had it set to full stop because half the time I wasn't sure what stuff would still be on cooldown.

Oh poo poo, I learned something today! I might jump back in to that this afternoon then

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rocksteady writers room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdwPGZi-3yQ

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The only thing I remember about Legends 1 is that there was a level on the astral plane and it let you play as Professor X and he was massively overleveled, which I thought was a nice touch.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Because there were so many different characters with different abilities in MUA1 there were definitely some that kind of fell through the testing cracks.

My (least) favorite was Mr. Fantastic's ability that just turned him into a ball and let you roll around doing damage like a pinball. If you leveled that thing up like once or twice, he was a death machine. Drove me crazy because I played with my brothers back in the day and one of them got Reed and I was stuck going "would you let me loving do something?" because it seemed like they'd clear rooms of enemies before I could even land more than a couple of web balls or whatever.

omg chael crash posted:

I bought MUA3 during the pandemic and absolutely hated it. I don’t know how but it just felt so unfun to play and it was SUPER grindy

Yeah there's a spark of a good idea in that game but it's weighed down with so much bullshit it's wild.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

The main thing that has me feeling warm about MUA3 over the first two games is that it has such fundamentally superior art direction

The colors pop, and everyone is wearing their correct clothes or some rough approximation thereof.

Meanwhile MUA2 in particular has that real nasty still-not-quite-out-of-the-PS2-mindset dingy washed out look

Yeah for all it's flaws I think 3 is better than 2 if only because of the looks. Still, 1 reigns supreme.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

I wonder if Cass and Steph get added to this game it's just as a Babs reskin.

Gotta squeeze in some DLC somewhere so I wouldn't be too shocked.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Having to write around the idea that each story beat could have any combination of four characters makes me think that it is going to be super generic.

They could always have every character in cutscenes which, granted, wouldn't do much to make things seem less generic, but it might help a little.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I hope there is some kind of demo for the game because it looks interesting but not interesting enough for me to go ahead and sink $60 on a gamble.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

I like how he just like... hangs on. It doesn't strap to his back and carry him, he has to hang by his arms, so he jump right into the fight with sore shoulders.

I bet tim pogos around on his staff

Look, if we start dissecting how heroes hang on to stuff we're gonna have to discuss how Batman uses his grapple gun (one-handed) in the Arkham games to go fast enough to actually gain altitude and go into gliding. He should be ripping his arm out of socket constantly. Also how his suit gets progressively more damaged in the games and yet he glides around just the same as if he didn't have holes in his cape. It's always better to not put too much thought into superheroes. Agreed Red Hood's soul jump is dumb as poo poo though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I will only accept a mod that changes it so that he shoots webbing out of his dick.

I guarantee that is being worked on day 1