Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Man, I feel bad for that guy. Must be depressing swinging past that cinema. Or seeing his brother's new girlfriend for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Lobok posted:

In Spider-Man's world it's just terrible luck being a Schultz.

That woman might still become one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
DOA 2 was for some weird reason the first game I owned on a PS2. I've spent a lot of hours on that and have fond memories.
Sure, defense holding was kinda OP, the story was negligible and they really went out there with some of the alternate costumes, but it felt fun to play. Partly because some intricate animations and moves and partly because of the destructible environment and pretty scenery.

Then again, I haven't played any other game in the series.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Deleted?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Logan is cool and all, but his character is a bit lacking. Basically just another video game tough guy. Let me play Laura instead.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, Laura isn't exactly skittish when it comes to that sort of thing. She's seen some poo poo. I vaguely remember that she once was handcuffed and cut her own hand off to escape.

But to be honest, I don't really share the opinion that I want to see a character consisting of flailed and torn lumps of bloody flesh which slowly grow back together in front of my eyes.
To each their own I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The environmental kills in sleeping dogs owned. But later on that game was actually censored for the German market and took those away. I'd imagine Disney would want to avoid such a hassle.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
From what I gather, Midnight Suns plays quite similar to Fights in Tight Spaces, which is an absolute blast to play. So I am sort of interested in it. Also, the character building and chatting with those characters sounds fun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Wait seriously? Fights in Tight Spaces is loving amazing so that's good news.

Just from what I understand of the description. I'm not sure how much environment manipulation there will be and if you'd be able to predict the enemies movement. Of course, those are key components of FITS, but other than that, the basic concept of standing on a field and using those cards for attacks and movements seems to be the same. In the worst case it will play like a turn based RPG with a randomized lives at each turn, which does not sound all that good, so I hope that they'll use the concept to it's full extend.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Well, good for them for not rushing it I guess.
Delays in entertainment media don't really bother me. It's not like I'm actively waiting for it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hell she'll even put on some good jazz for Ivy's sake

No such thing!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm sad my character can't smooch Illyana or Cap or Nico or Spidey

Is that confirmed already? Too bad...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

hcreight posted:

I've been playing this all afternoon and am having a blast with it so far. Card based games really aren't my thing at all and yet there's enough going on with the combat that it's still super enjoyable. The non-combat stuff has as much a Mass Effect vibe to me as a Fire Emblem one.

Peter unmasking to a bunch of people he just met is an amusingly goofy albeit understandable choice.

I liked how Tony basically reacted: "Oh yes you are Peter Parker, born and raised in Queens. Now I can finally stop feigning ignorance and we can get to work!"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I wasn't planning to buy that but now I guess my hands are tied and I am obliged to get a full season pass or whatever.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I really liked that game. Great character dynamic amazing voice cast, fun music and beautiful places to explore. A screenshot from the final confrontation is still my desktop wallpaper.
To bad the combat was only serviceable. It was fun but nothing special.

Anyway please play that game.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 4, 2024

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

I've said it before but Peter getting Gamora to sing along with that is one of my favorite scenes in video games of recent memory.

Plus that is genuinely one of my favorite songs and I love that Gamora loves it too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47y5bo8wtqM

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Love this game. The scenery of the final encounter is still my desktop background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Dr Strange summons a portal to the netherworld, to pull out an AK47.