Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Silicon Knights made that during the Unreal Engine court disaster.

SK wasn't even completely in the wrong, Dyack was just such a tremendous rear end in a top hat he doomed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

There might be used copies floating around, but yeah, it was delisted from digital storefronts and all unsold physical copies were destroyed as part of the suit settlement.

That's Destiny. He's asking about Legends, the ones that preceded Ultimate Alliance.

X-Men Legends 1 was a console only game in the GCN/PS2/Xbox era so it never had a digital release to begin with.

X-Men Legends 2 was on PC but wasn't on Steam or anything. It may have also had digital releases but they would have been delisted when Activision's license ran out. 2 is possibly considered abandonware now though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Tomb Raider series had an Xbox exclusive deal that was a really terrible idea.

People don't buy Xbox games, they sign up for Game Pass and make bad posts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess it probably means Square isn't the rumored big Sony purchase though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

In general I doubt we'll see huge Japanese companies getting bought out by Sony or Microsoft, just mainly because they own so much poo poo outside of gaming. Bamco and Square have comic publishing, anime studios, probably gyms like Konami, their own toy factories, etc.

Sony bought someone, we just don't know who yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Also, jesus, take that disabled people. All you need is your Dad to die and Willpower to walk again.

That's how Bruce did it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If it's good enough for Bruce it's good enough to pander.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You don't have to wait, they'll be selling cards. That's how these all work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You'd really have to get the balance just right with depicting Daredevil's enhanced senses and blindness vs. annoying the player. Nobody wants to play a game that's constantly red tinged, ask Nintendo about that. Give yourself a cool muted color pattern but don't go monochrome.

Since it would be a 3rd person game you don't need what the player sees to depict what the character sees, but you also don't want to waste the unique presentation a character like Daredevil gives you.

The screen gimmick would work. You could just have all paper, signs, computer screens etc. blank because Daredevil's senses can't read those. This isn't going to bother the player and even saves resources.

You could do fun things with alleys and tight quarters where you can only see so far, and not around corners or behind obstacles. That would intuitively encourage getting height when you're traversing.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 23, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

My strategy of never owning a Sony product because they murdered digital game sharing in it's crib continues to pay off!

What? The PSN is the only service it's possible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

They are blaming Sony for dunking on the X-Box One during its lovely debut. The popular fanvoy argument is that mean ol' Sony killed game sharing forever.

Right. Everyone had convinced themselves somehow that Microsoft would just allow unlimited 10 way sharing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a fantasy world where people fly and can shoot goldballs, it's okay if the cops are mostly good so that every single comic doesn't have to be about dealing with cops.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We need more variety in comic book games.

No, not like that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was called Marvel Heroes and it died.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you use a costume someone designed in the comics you have to pay them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

No, work for hire means beyond the terms of an individual creator's contract, there is no expectation of royalties for any derivative works. Nothing is legally required at all. DC apparently had some more creator-friendly contracts in the 70s or 80s, but those have long since disappeared, and I'm sure both Marvel and DC have very much made this clear in their standard contracts. Warner/DC is *reportedly* better about attributing and paying creators for things they created that appeared in movies than Disney/Marvel, but from those same anecdotes, it seems to very much be a "doing the right thing" payment not a contractual one.

Yeah, DC pays royalties. It's a program they've had for ages.

Marvel will use your art directly and not even put your name in the special thanks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

He also had a solo dlc in knight where you gently caress with Penguin

...you sure you didn't get that one from Nexusmods?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

That's funny because her name doesn't mean anything in Urdu, her creator fully admits that.

"Kamala" doesn't mean anything, but Kama(a)l does actually mean perfect in Arabic, or marvel in Urdu.

That's the comic canon reason for her name too. Her parents changed it a little to make a nicer sounding name, but they were naming her Marvel.

It works a lot better in the show because then it's not just coincidence.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Disney pulls all their licenses and folds studios on a whim every 4-5 years. They're horrible to work with.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vandar posted:

I started playing the Avengers game because lol it's free might as well give it a shot.

Honestly? I kind of like it. Would have never paid sixty bucks for it, but it's been fun in a brainless sort of way so far.

The single player stuff is fine. It’s not $60 of content though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eh... Let's not put Ricky Martin on a pedestal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Claims were rescinded and charges dropped. He is uncanceled

Oh I didn't mean that, I meant because his music sucked.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

My friend is upset because Jason isn’t sexy enough.

We’ll have to set up a support group for goons that can’t help themselves and bought the game. Being able to patrol Gotham with friends is what’s going to save it from not being an Arkham game.

Well, friend anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The word was they had at least a few projects started and canceled until they finally locked in Suicide Squad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How does Gotham Knights run on PC? I can get it for about half price and that seems fair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cool. My PC is solid. Better than my PS5 in any case, so if there's no specific PC issues it should be fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah there was a minor thing on Twitter about the social hub dialogue a few days ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Holy poo poo, the trailer for the Hellboy game looked like it jumped right off off Mignola's pages, just ridiculously gorgeous.

Gah, please stop saying this, I don't like card games or X-Com or turn-based stuff but all you folks gushing over the character stuff are making me super curious about it because who doesn't want to hang out with best girl Magik and get a Cyclops Was Right shirt?

Dammit.

It's not really XCOM. It doesn't care a whole lot about positioning or ranges. You can run across the entire battlefield to land your attacks on any enemy you want, and positioning only matters for some effects that chain off enemies, or for environmental knockback/throw effects.

There's no cover mechanic at all, and you don't have accuracy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are you ever able to combine upgraded abilities or is it just the once?

Aka should I keep dupes of upgraded abilities?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think the only card I use two of is Morningstar. I have one with a mod that nearly doubles its damage on any enemy who isn't at 100% HP.

Just literally dunking on these fools.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gotham Knights is $22.50 on the Epic store right now, by the way. An extra 25% off coupon is added automatically when you add it to cart.

Midnight Suns is $35.50 on GMG.

Those are both historical lows apparently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oof, time trials were a big mistake in a game with controls this sloppy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The last gen versions haven't officially been canceled but also don't have release dates.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, I mean that concept is already Overwatch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lobok posted:

The concept of GI Joe as a game is basically any of those Modern Warfare games, right?

In fact a few of them even have specific unique operators with codenames. In at least one they have their own unique power.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Word from the hack is that a bunch of the concepts of that is going to be the 3rd DLC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Bucky is a child soldier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Sunshine posted:

It's a shame Marvel Heroes got shut down because a child molester was really bad at his job.

RIP Groot Force

ICR did what?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

What was the other goon group? Mighty Avegners or something? I had a lot of fun with that game being able to play as Jane Foster Thor and Ronin.

Avegners and Groot Force were the same clan thing, the name was just changed at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They likely have it in the contract that they own creations for their licensed properties now, because they had issues with that in the past.

Plus they're Disney.