Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Herr Tog posted:

THE REBIRTH

thank you all so much

bring back Marvelous

That's for MGS4's sequel, MGS5.

"Why is Snake young again and Why is Octagon in a wheelchair?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

Localisation, they're metric in Japan (but not Europe or Australia because, uh, gently caress you).

Unlike area search quests, I find that hunts tend to be pretty close to the marker, I'm not sure what the coloured radius is actually for.

I like to think the in-game justification is the same for the money.

"Who the hell is Miles?"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Sure is nice the bad guys dont have the dropships drop dudes when you're "in town"(and when you sleep.)

Using a marriage treaty as a ruse to invade the capital city and kill the king , fine. Messing with the prince at some gas station, off limits.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

topiKal posted:

I don't have Photoshop on my laptop I'll make a picture later jeez leave me alone

You mean Kuvo will give you the pic later.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
This game's devs : What if We did a Shadow of the Colossus boss battle and Platinum's block-a-giant-baddass-attack-with-a-sword but with a whiney anime pretty boy and did it lame?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I don't know, Majora's Mask taught me that slow moving big things from a few hundred feet away can destroy the world.

But the post(superlame)boss cutscene shows that the world is still there so whatever.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Man good thing youtube now has a videospeed option.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I like how the millions Square has spent on having nice graphics means we never see how your party members mount their birds.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
OoT and the MM 3DS port are probably the only fishing minigames that are good so maybe he's got a point, non nintendo game devs got to stop wasting time/trying.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Thats a fishing videogame, not a fishing minigame.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
FF fans.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
14 seconds in and Pompo really makes me want to close the video.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ishikabibble posted:

Noctis' "strong aversion" to the crops is because he's a huge baby who hates vegetables. Genuinely.

There are multiple points in the movie where it's shown he doesn't eat vegetables.

There are still fries and ketchup there though? - said every god damned adult child that hates fruits and vegs.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
A million $ game engine, can't even show veggies getting cut.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

goatface posted:

People just buy what they're familiar with. poo poo would sell if it was full of beetles.

Just a box full of beetles. If you download it your console explodes into a mass of beetles.

Fans are horrible horrible people.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The caption for the Pom and Chocobo one really should be "There's nothing better for the inside of a man than a chocobo."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Has the 1st act even finish yet?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Pretty impressive that they got game Clinton to sound even more cold and robotic than the real life one.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

melodicwaffle posted:

someone on reddit made a really long post desperately trying to connect a postgame dungeon's architecture to this game's "lore" about ifrit and the other summons (but mostly ifrit).

it is indeed stupid and uninteresting

What does Shiva's sweat frost smell/taste like?

fake edit because that terrible nerd reference leaves a really bad taste in my mouth: Did the patch that added the info dumb mean they got her voice actor to do new lines, or did they have a bunch of garbage on the floor that they cut together?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Gruckles posted:

It's daemon grass that umbrasynthesizes.

Also the magic is apparently heating the world because 1 year without sunlight would make the whole planet an ice ball and a few years it would be cold enough that oxygen snow would be a thing and the short story A Pail of Air would be a thing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Cory in the Blouse posted:

FFXV is the Juicero of RPGs

The Juicero makes juice though.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Okay it gives you a drink/liquid for some sort of caloric/nutritional input.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The ending should have been Notc failing and the the demons evolving into an intelligent species/civ and humanss becoming the scary things that go bump in the day.

So like I Am Legend.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

There's just so much stuff here that's clearly meant to be all deep and symbolic, but the game never bothers to justify why any of this poo poo should matter to the player. Maybe it would have worked better if most of the plot wasn't in the supplementary material.

The game might as well have all particle effects and explosion be crossshaped like NGE, like the game sveral episodes ago start using the term king of kings to refer to Notc.

Why yes, a manchild that takes off the tomato and lettuce off burgers because he doesn't like vegetables is a king of kings.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Complete with the Last Supper around the campfire. "Eat of this trout, for it is my body."

Notc would only eat try fish in the form of fish sticks.

Also he's never used a microwave so good luck trying to cook those at a campfire.

fake edit: I dunno given his manchildness I kinda doubt he would know how to prep fish he catches, but maybe he does? Like the only time he's shown enthusiasm is for fishing and AssCreed. gently caress I he probably doesn't know how to boil water for cupnoodleTM

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 24, 2018

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

goatface posted:

You could make Prompto a blend of his current character and the fat guy who wants photos (of spider-man). The novice reporter from Rolling Stone who's doing the embedded journo thing in the hopes he can get a series of articles (or maybe even a book!) out of this and make his name in the industry.

It would even explain why he's a useless poo poo in fights.

Or we could replace all four "characters" with the fat guy and just have a bunch of acrofatic fights.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Demicol posted:

pc master race modding

Again everything should be replaced by that fat guy so everything is acrofatic.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Wait so are there actualy side quests/grinding for CPUs or is that for Pom Episode 1.2?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Nah, he's just a dick and wanted to pump up Pom's self esteem before breaking it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bocc Kob posted:

I'm kind of morbidly curious whether the Ignis DLC actually shows what happened to blind him or if it ends just before it, so everything was a waste of time.

Ignis DLC will be right after he's blinded and it's going to be a couple hours of a black screen with button prompts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
You can feel it on the menu if you run your fingers along it.

• Locked thread