Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
When your boy band is on the go, be sure to send them off with Coleman brand camping equipment. Coleman: We paid out the rear end for this brand deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

So are we still doing drinking words? 'Cause if so, I nominate 'Noct.' :v:

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

topiKal posted:

Because I love you all, I should inform you that anyone who wants this stupid game can get it for $35 at Amazon right now

This is actually a pretty good deal, so I will take advantage of it. Now I can make my own toast go on my own hunky boy band road trip.

I love you too, Benson.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Prompto and his excitement over sleeping in a winnebago make me think that he's secretly a meth cook.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

"I loving LOVE FISH!!!" - Kid at restaurant

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

I wanted to post this, but gently caress me, right?

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

oath2order posted:

I always figured the game didn't take any pictures there because prompto as actually being respectful and poo poo, and wasn't going to take pictures of noctis freaking out about his dad dying.

"My father...My kingdom...They're gone..."
"THAT'S IT! I've come up with a new recipe! :v:"

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Just finished the game. I enjoyed it, even if it had some glaring flaws. I won't say much, but saving pictures is important.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.

I mean, I believed that when it came to Kojima, but this is an entirely different case.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Depending on the time of day/position of the stars, Prompto is either the best photographer ever, or literally waving his camera around at random while constantly loving with the settings. Some of his pictures on my playthrough were very suspect. He seems to have an overall obsession with the back of Noctis' head and bushes.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

topiKal posted:

Everyone is doing well and will always be on good terms. None of us really have any interest in LPs except Ryan, but it's nice to get together and play games / talk poo poo when we can. All in all we're great friends and even when splitting up the group there really wasn't much drama.

As for the T40 days, those were good times but it had to end for quite a few reasons. Ryan's long write-up makes it sound like there was a big deal about monetizing stuff. Honestly we just wanted to be able to sustain the group and make more (better) content but we needed financial support to do it. All that aside, I do wish I could go back in time and un-say a lot of stupid/mean/insensitive stuff but that's just what people do when they're young I guess.

Believe it or not, this really takes a load off my mind. You guys were always my favorite LP group, and considering the high drama rate e-fame has these days, I worried that you guys had some big, dumb teenage romance break-up. Glad to hear the old gang are still good buds.

I relate to Noctis here, somewhat. I went to the local carnival alone, once. It was terrible. :saddowns:

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Know what's great? If you read the Kenny Crow car decal (can't remember where to get it so don't ask), it says that not only is he the face of a popular fast food chain, he's also the star of his own in-universe anime. You can't make this poo poo up, guys.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

I, too, was saddened to find that the rest of the boy band didn't have any Mariachi costumes. The whole game would be improved if it was about four Mariachi performers going on tour.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Iris seems cute, until you find out she's 15 and Noctis is 20, then you take a cold shower.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Something something AERODYNAMICS !

Ridiculously sexualized car mechanics have the ability to make cars faster using special turtle wax found in dungeons, this is scientific fact. :science:

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Lunethex posted:

When is Noctis going to get married?

When Prompto stops insisting on not hiring a professional photographer for the ceremony.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

topiKal posted:

We had trouble for awhile but we actually recorded some more last weekend and are going w/ Mike again on Saturday so we should have some more consistent updates the next few weeks :love: :love: :love:

Basically we've been trying to record with Mike as much as possible because it's more fun with all three of us.

I don't suppose we could ever get Alex back in on the action some time, could we?

Someone has to gently caress this game. :saddowns:

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Kuvo, I gotta ask, what was your whiskey of choice in this episode? Hopefully something smooth.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

I just noticed what Benson said at the end of this episode:

"It's also hosed up to tell a 9 year-old that they're the Chosen One."

THAT WAS COLETTE'S ENTIRE STORY IN TALES OF SYMPHONIA! That was the whole reason she was so hosed up! Wow, this complaint is years late.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

So, congratulations guys, on meeting the best character in this whole game.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

It's so odd how there's fishing minigames in every JRPG out there nowadays. I recently played through Persona 5 and Yakuza 0, and they both had unnecessary fishing activities.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Coincidentally, "gently caress, what are we even doing here?" could sum up a lot of this game's story. Once you get down to it, Ardyn's motivation doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Enjoy having Aranea in your party, because going back to Gladiolus is a giant downgrade.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Missed opportunity in not making the car into a submarine. There's a giant sea in the North part of the map that is never used in the entire game. Underwater Atlantis adventures would be awesome DLC content.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Can I just say? In all my years of watching LPs, there is nothing that brings me more joy than drunk Benson and drunk Bandunk singing. It will never not bring a smile to my face.

Also, fun fact, choosing any of the other options for the "Perfect Cup Noodle Ingredient" will lead you to a subpar boss in the overworld. Good job accidentally picking the right option.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

Hah, yeah sure does.

And the stupid and pointless airship unlocks exactly one thing, and its stupid and pointless too

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then yes, it is stupid and pointless.

Took me about two hours to get through that loving dungeon and didn't even get a boss battle.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

I won't say why I'm hyped for the next episode, but I know it's gonna be worth it.

Prompto's terrible photography skills will finally come to a head.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

people like this game

I like this game, it's just dumb as hell. The characterization is weak, the story makes no sense at the best of times, and the combat isn't exactly a master class.

Still better than FFX, though.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

No Gods

No Kings

ONLY CUP NOODLES

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

I just want to know what wayward game developer looked at Prompto and said, "This guy needs his own story."

At least playing as a blind chef sounds interesting.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

https://imgur.com/a/WpO8gSx

Just gonna drop this right here, real quick.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

I can give this to FFXV, their DLC campaigns are at least a decent length. Though, what is included in that length is up for debate.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Gruckles posted:

Good news it's going to be the first episode released in the second batch of DLC.

That's the DLC where they add campaigns for characters we WANTED to play as in the first place, right? Because Cor is already more interesting than Noct & Friends, and he has maybe two pages of dialogue, tops.

EDIT: Never mind! Aranea is literally the only character I want to play as in the new DLC episodes. The others include Ardyn, whose gameplay probably consists of following around the other protagonists and making vaguely threatening statements, Lunafreya, AKA Pouty Political Simulator 2018; and another episode about Noctis, because the main game didn't have enough bloody Noctis. However, if Noctis' new campaign is just him fishing and nothing else, I will buy the poo poo out of it.

Lt. Conquistador fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

:v: "So, me and Aranea, you know, the hot mercenary chick, we fought a giant cybernetic gorilla, and then we got chased by a giant robot worm, but I had a .50 caliber minig-"
"I'm not amusing this story further, shut up Prompto."

• Locked thread