Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Rocketlex posted:

There's dialogue for Promto saying "Wait, what's a Gil?" when you first go into the first shop, but it didn't trigger this time.

I hope it triggers way later, like the party's been collecting and using gil for a few days and suddenly Prompto realizes "Wait what the hell is this stuff"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I honestly wasn't super interested in the game, but I might end up getting it now if it goes on sale. I love that Noctis' notification tone for getting a text from Carbuncle was Carbuncle squeaking. That's what I choose to believe and I won't be convinced otherwise.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Gladiolus looks like he's spitting mad game at Prompto in this shot

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Camel Pimp posted:

I insist you get every recipe and never cook anything but toast

"Noctis please, Prompto's teeth are falling out from the scurvy, we have the ingredie--"
"TOAST."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hailfargle posted:

Re frozen pizza preferences for the boys: Noctis likes Digiorno, Ignis likes California Pizza Kitchen, Gladiolus likes Red Baron, Prompto only eats pizza rolls that have been on the floor.

Prompto seems exactly like the guy who would suggest he eat something gross, have the entire group tell him not to, then eat it while going "haha I can't believe you guys are making me do this we're such a crazy group"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bruceski posted:

I think Prompto's a "vegan" who's always horking down a hot dog when he thinks nobody's looking.

I refuse to believe Prompto is capable of keeping hotdogs out of his mouth long enough to pretend he's vegan

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Prompto seems like the kind of guy who could eat nothing but baconators for every meal and still somehow never gain any fat or muscle

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Wait we were trying to be incognito?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I want to see a DLC which is just Kenny Crow and Carbuncle pub crawling around Eorzea or wherever the hell we are

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Gorilla Salad posted:

Dags: The dried bits of poo poo which stick to the wool around the arse of a sheep.

:confused:

Dags, d'y'like dags?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tenebrais posted:

Prompto gets the hot pants and chaps or whatever it was.

No way, those have Gladiolus written all over them

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I unironically got super nostalgic when you guys talked about Final Fantasy 10 :saddowns: I miss the T40a podcasts

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Maybe, one day, they'll put Prompto back on his default camera and disable the filters, all of which universally ruin photos.

I unironically hope they don't, Prompto taking the shittiest photos and acting like a genius is one of my favourite things

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If Ignis would COME UP WITH A NEW RECIPYUH for hard drinks once in a while I'd advocate cooking all the time. There HAS to be some kind of fermentaga spell at this point, they invented cars they can invent booze

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I am so glad I didn't buy this game

I came very close

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I still haven't gotten over Gladiolus literally stopping you to give you a Cup Noodle advertisement, holy poo poo that was the worst

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Noctis sucks in such a way that's relatively inoffensive, but exhausting as hell. At least Prompto at least you can enjoy disliking him, Noctis is like a vampire that sucks away interest from anything he's near.

Gladiolus is the closest thing to an interesting party member and he literally stopped the game to advertise Cup Noodle I'm still not over that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Play episode Prompto and take a drink every time you hate Prompto

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Man, Cup Noodle™ is too perfect to improve on! This lovely annoying sidequest really makes me appreciate Cup Noodle™ even more!

Seriously it's like the self awareness of the advertising wrapped around from funny to awful, and then sorta funny but still mostly awful again. I'm just waiting for the sidequest that's just Gladiolus giving a thirty minute unskippable presentation on Coleman products

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

NOW we're talkin :getin:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is this game just a vehicle for advertisements?! Like we all joked about it before but?!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Wine Cube has caused a very Tales of Symphonia vibe, and I'm way into it :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The best part was Bandunk diving into a dumpster, and the ghost that shows where you were last seen was him diving into the dumpster :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I can't believe we used to think the Coleman product placement was out of place

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Wait there was a story in this game?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In classic Final Fantasy style, Kuvo waits until TopiKal's holding the reins to suddenly remember the sphere grid :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You know at least during Metal Gear codec scenes, they're usually at least saying stuff you can make fun of. That boat ride was just awful

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My favourite part of the boat scene was Prompto complaining that the boat scene was loving boring, and then the boat scene kept going for like another ten minutes

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
This game feels so much loving longer than Tales of Vesperia, god drat

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like to imagine Noctis picked eating the can of gak over the cup noodle just to spite Gladiolus

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Man I was really hoping Ignis was just going to light Noctis and Gladiolus the gently caress up for being douchebags to each other, this game can't do ANYTHING in a satisfying way :mad:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So why are Biggs and Wedge still dressed like Gestapo?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Wedge: "Dining car's open if you need a break"
Noctis: "NUG ME UP YOU NAZI FUCKO"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I love that Ignis got blinded, Prompto... tripped and fell into a well or something, but it took the car catching on fire to get a dramatic flashback sequence with tragic music :allears: I'm waiting for Kenny Crow's heroic sacrifice accompanied by a church choir

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"idiot boy-band road trip" was the whole reason I almost bought this game, since I figured they'd at least make ONE party member likeable :shepface: Ignis is the closest because he only sometimes says stupid poo poo, instead of constantly like the others

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Mr. Bucket, now THERE'S a guy who doesn't have his poo poo together." That line killed me for some reason

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I swear to god my brain refuses to take in any of the story. Didn't Prompto get replaced by a Snatcher at some point? I legit thought for a minute that Prompto scanning his barcode was outing himself as a Snatcher, followed by the party all agreeing that Snatcher-Prompto was cooler than regular Prompto. I know it's not the case because that'd actually be interesting, something this storyline refuses to be.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ardyn pretended to be him at one point and tossed him off a train.

...Christ this plot is boring

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
wait actually yeah if he's a magitek android why DOES he suck so loving much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

bandunk posted:

I haven't seen this game in like, six months

YOU SOMEHOW MISSED NOTHING INTERESTING??

EDIT: Just to be clear the LP itself is wicked fun, but god loving drat if I had bought this game I'd be so loving pissed off

• Locked thread