Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015
I couldn't the CA All Day podcast. Could someone post a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Kuvo posted:

I posed this question to topikal after the recording: Which company approached the other for the endorsement deal?

Neither. They tried to stop it but it overpowered them.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Gruckles posted:

What do you mean you don't accept Regisbucks?

Regisbucks are fiat currency, BitRegis is the way of the future.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
But does Prompto hate himself after he eats something disgusting?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Prompto's a kinda guy that does poo poo that makes you think 'That boy ain't right.' Eating oranges without peeling them, trying to take pictures on the roof of a car, trying to shoot a bear with a bottle rocket that he's holding in his mouth. Just the dumbest poo poo.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lunethex posted:

I just love how soon after their entire lives were upended and ruined they were soon again casually playing games on their phones outside a Winnebago.

But now they're sad games, so it's character development.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

dimenticon posted:

I do have to wonder if limited-time DLC like this is worth being made in Squeenix's eyes. It creates short-term buzz and brings players back in sure but I doubt any of them keep playing afterwards.

As long as they make money it doesn't matter, even if people don't play it at all.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Fabulousvillain posted:

It's FreeLC, how does that make money?

I didn't realize it was free. I see DLC and I just assume it's overpriced.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Gorilla Salad posted:

And does the US not have caravans?

We call them convoys.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lt. Conquistador posted:

When Prompto stops insisting on not hiring a professional photographer for the ceremony.

So he's doomed to an eternity as a bachelor?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lunethex posted:

Also excuse me my errors, I don't mean to spell Prompto correctly. As Kuvo has made known, it's Pompoto.

Should've been Pompotatoe.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

topiKal posted:

we've been trying to record with Mike as much as possible because it's more fun with all three of us.

Every groups needs its Prompto.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, while I love the mariacchi costume for prince nightdark are there any other clothing options that are just as awesome?

Each is uniquely terrible in their own way. Much like Nightdark's friends.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lunethex posted:

Speaking of her fishing interactions, she won't comment on it if Noctis' fishing is above level 6, an oversight perhaps.

I agree, it was a huge oversight leaving in the fishing mechanics.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Laputanmachine posted:

Who cares, it's a winecube.

Is that like Timecube?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Bruceski posted:

Imagine 99 bottles of beer on the edge of a cliff.

Say you take one down and pass it around. There's still 99 bottles of beer on the cliff.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

goatface posted:

If kingdad is dead, everyone should call him king. Monarchy is well known to travel faster than the speed of light so it would be obvious to everybody.

Therefore kingdad lives and the story is meaningless.

He might not be considered king until he's had his coronation. More likely it's so they didn't have to record two sets of dialogue.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

goatface posted:

The next crossover dlc will be Deus ex just so they can have him say "I never asked for this" to every plot point.

Then hopefully the Elder Scrolls Dark Brotherhood DLC where he can just (remain silent) to everything.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Momomo posted:

These are the same people that thought we wouldn't get that Ignis is dignified unless he had a British accent in a world with no England.

If only they'd watched Frasier.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

PhazonLink posted:

Pretty impressive that they got game Clinton to sound even more cold and robotic than the real life one.

At least game Clinton has the excuse of quite possibly being a robot or some other kind of seemingly human, but not quite, being.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

darealkooky posted:

This makes a lot more sense when you realize that the characters are just faces and names for people to write homoerotic fanfiction about.

It's incredibly hard to be both a king and the only bisexual in an open polyamorous gay relationship

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Hel posted:

The "it doesn't matter where and to who you're born " thing really doesn't work when the main character is a prince and has special powers because of his bloodline & his dead girlfriend has the "blood of the oracle". It felt like the devs thought that "of course we need message in our game, just ignore how the entire rest of the game undermines it".

Were Noctis and Lunafreya supposed to make the Kwisatz Haderach?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

This is giving me embarrassment by proxy.

I think there's a word in german for second hand embarrassment that's better than second hand embarrassment.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The ending sets up a really interesting story. The last member of a royal dynasty of divine origin sacrifices himself to end a demonic cataclysm and leaves the government to his three childhood friends. Where do things go from here? And who takes over after the Three Stooges die? Their kids, or an elected government?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Vavrek posted:

Everyone keeps making Christian allusions and I keep wondering what specific relevance a particular Persian title has for Noctis. The hazards of studying ancient history.

Aside from being used in Christian tradition, they very well couldn't call Noctis the King of the Jews.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Zoe posted:

So what was the point of letting him escape in the first place then?

Was it some elaborate plan to have him kill the crazy old scientist man in the worm-bot? Immortal time-stopping Ardyn's powers weren't quite up to jacking a snowmobile and mashing down on a trigger?

e: although I guess I like this theory because sticking tape recorders and random sheets of paper all over the place for Prompto to find in a specific order does seem like a very Ardyn kind of plan.

He probably thought it'd be funny to have Prompto kill his "father".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

coleman francis posted:

Good thing Gladio learned how to do his duty, being a huge jerk to the king.

He must protect the king's head and keep it from getting stuck in the royal rear end.

• Locked thread