Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Dr. Strangelove should have ended in the pie fight that was filmed but cut out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
his sled was named 'rosebud'

Jay-Zeus
Jan 5, 2004
I don't believe it!
Fun Shoe
Dracula 3000 - it just blew up!

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
I thought you found my stash of home made sex tapes Op.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can we do TV shows?

How I Met You Mother: We finally meet Ted's wife and she's a charming musician that gels naturally with the whole group. They're a perfect match and the series ends with Robin and Barney getting married. Then they rush through his wife getting sick with a mystery illness, dies and then Ted is encouraged by his kids to go seduce "aunt" Robin now that their mom has been dead for a couple years.
He steals a symbol of love from their first date and goes to her apartment. They are supposed to be in their 50s and he's in semi old man makeup, she still looks 30. They have nothing in common. He's all about having kids and a family home and she is a career woman who can't have kids and doesn't want any. The only reason it kinda works is because he has his kids already and his wife is dead so now they can have a bunch of old people sex??

If they ended it one episode earlier, I would have no real issues.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

The ending to The Room was a let down. I guess Wiseau can't even do a suicide scene right.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
My Grandmother used to always say "well that didn't end right," whenever a movie or tv show would end on a cliffhanger or such. It was always infuriating, but then she ended up with dementia, so she'd probably think her life didn't end right either. If she could think much of anything, that is.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
fun fact: the movie 'cliffhanger' did not end in a cliffhanger

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The epilogue of Harry Potter 7 part 2. I mean Jesus Christ.

Jay-Zeus posted:

Dracula 3000 - it just blew up!

That was the best part of the movie.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Broken Flowers

The whole movie is Bill Murray trying to figure out who his son is, he scares away a guy who may be his son or might just be some guy. Then his real life son leers at him out car window as he drives by. Then the film ends.

Return of the King

I never actually saw the ending. I really had to pee and gave up after possibly the fifth not-quite-ending scene.

Captain Splendid fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 14, 2016

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I don't know if it counts as ending cause it starts getting off track about half way.

But Hancock. Funny idea. Guy has super powers but he's kind of a gently caress up. Then the ad guy's wife turns out to be another super powers person and they're aliens who are married but can't be near each other or something and he saves her running out of the hospital.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

War with Jet Li and Jason Statham.

The movie ends so abruptly you'd think they'd forgotten to film the ending when shooting had half an hour to wrap up and GTFO so you get Statham suddenly makes a noble sacrifice or something and gets shot dead and Jet Li fucks off like he didn't even notice. The movie as a whole had terrible pacing issues and some really badly filmed stunts. I was expecting a lot from a movie with two great action stars. I can watch bad movies and come away feeling like I could at least sympathize with the people who made it but War made me mad it was such dogshit.

Believe In Yrself Betty posted:

I don't know if it counts as ending cause it starts getting off track about half way.

But Hancock. Funny idea. Guy has super powers but he's kind of a gently caress up. Then the ad guy's wife turns out to be another super powers person and they're aliens who are married but can't be near each other or something and he saves her running out of the hospital.

Yeah Hancock started with a cool premise and then had no idea what to do with itself for the back half of its running time.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Mozi posted:

fun fact: the movie 'cliffhanger' did not end in a cliffhanger

Fun Fact REEEEDUX: The movie Cliffhanger was based on a bunch of rock-climbing slackers who illegally lived in Yellowstone national park and the time they found a crashed Cessna full of WEED that they sold off, and lived on the money from, for five years or more. :420: :weedass:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
loving Frailty. So good up until the last 5 minutes or so.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

HeathersThey should have blown up the drat school.
Heat I thought the movie was great right up until the very end where for no apparent reason De Niro's character inexplicably decides to act completely in contradiction to how he had been developed throughout the film just to end up in the stupid and unsatisfying shootout with Pacino.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Only God Forgives was p unsatisfying, but the whole movie was pretty weird

e: I know it goes against the spirit of the thread, but honorable mention Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring had an amazing ending & is one of my favorite movies

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

givepatajob posted:

The Black Hole. So the good guys go through the black hole and come out...where? How are they expected to survive out in deep space when they have no idea where they are with limited resources? Also, what the gently caress is up with Reinhardt's "descent into hell"? This is loving Disney movie. Stop trying to be Kubrick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFv9ZRAqG1s

i mean imagine trying to make a high concept space movie within a few years of the release of 2001, which is still considered to be one of the best high concept space movies ever made like 50 years later

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Believe In Yrself Betty posted:

yeah hancock was decent and it was well acted and everything but holy poo poo the entire third act of that movie suddenly goes off the rails retarded

i think they were trying to cargo cult shyamalan but didnt really get why his movies are good

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

Captain Splendid posted:

Return of the King

I never actually saw the ending. I really had to pee and gave up after possibly the fifth not-quite-ending scene.

There is no actual ending. They just keep saying goodbye to various minor characters until everyone leaves the theater.

Farewell, hobbit extra from the birthday party.

See ya, straggler orcs who survived Helm's Deep.

Bye innkeeper from the first movie whose pillows got all stabbed up!

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Heat I thought the movie was great right up until the very end where for no apparent reason De Niro's character inexplicably decides to act completely in contradiction to how he had been developed throughout the film just to end up in the stupid and unsatisfying shootout with Pacino.

Were you ironing shirts when you watched Heat, or maybe cooking dinner? I don't think you gave it your full attention....

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Wizchine posted:

Were you ironing shirts when you watched Heat, or maybe cooking dinner? I don't think you gave it your full attention....

I'm pretty sure I've seen it more than once, but I honestly don't remember much about 1995 in general. I might have been drinking?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Alan Turing died on the way back to his home planet

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Egbert Souse posted:

Alan Turing died on the way back to his home planet

he got pwnd by the limeys for being a gayboi, they didnt even care that he was a hero they pwnd him so hard that he pwnd himself :sigh:

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I'm going off of ancient memory here, but I remember thinking that the movie A.I. ended beautifully with the little kid robot falling to his death into the water from the tower. That was solid as gently caress.

And then the movie kept going

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Kaedric posted:

I'm going off of ancient memory here, but I remember thinking that the movie A.I. ended beautifully with the little kid robot falling to his death into the water from the tower. That was solid as gently caress.

Aliens

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Kaedric posted:

I like how the world trade centre towers are sticking out of the snow in the year 4100, that's the best bit

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Tomato Burger posted:

There is no actual ending. They just keep saying goodbye to various minor characters until everyone leaves the theater.

Farewell, hobbit extra from the birthday party.

See ya, straggler orcs who survived Helm's Deep.

Bye innkeeper from the first movie whose pillows got all stabbed up!

This is what happens when you don't have constraints other than the source material and the source material is a million pages. On the other hand the hobbit was trash as well so I wonder if maybe it's just Peter Jackson who is bad if not given severe limitations.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Shutter Island. "No Leo you are the mental patient" and then leo was the mental patient

Tomorrowland. It practically didn't have a plot but the individual things that were happening were interesting enough to keep me watching it. I was so pissed off when they finally got to tomorrowland and explained what was happening, loving total garbage excuse for a movie

10 Cloverfield Lane Just kidding seeing the alien ship flying around in the distance whne she finally escapes was the loving best movie moment of the year by far for me

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Doctor Dogballs posted:

10 Cloverfield Lane Just kidding seeing the alien ship flying around in the distance whne she finally escapes was the loving best movie moment of the year by far for me

"Are you loving kidding me?!" was the best line for that scene

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bag em and tag em posted:

Interstellar.

Welcome back spaceman Matthew. You lived for some reason. Now turn right back around and go back to Earth 2 but you don't tell anyone for some reason? I don't know this movie has been going on for way too long already so just roll with it.

They weren't going to let him go, I don't remember why because at that point I had really lost interest.

The ending should have been that Matthew hallucinated the ending in his last fevered moments before crashing into the black hole. Then you see the last remnants of humanity starve to death. Anne Hathaway's hyperbaric chamber shorts out, and only the rad robots are alive and they're like whelp

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Inzombiac posted:

Can we do TV shows?

How I Met You Mother:

Holy poo poo, was that ever a case of 'we really want this to be the final scene, but we've got less than 3 episodes to do it in and we've already ruled out all the possible ways to get there in previous seasons, oh gently caress it, we've all got jobs on other shows now, let's just throw this all at the wall and film what sticks'

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah Hancock started with a cool premise and then had no idea what to do with itself for the back half of its running time.

I felt like that the first couple of times I watched the film.
After the third time, I wonder if they could have made a different movie, based on that ending and having a different beginning to match.

Like they had a great movie A, but couldn't come up with an ending and a great, similar, movie B that they couldn't write the beginning to, so they cut and pasted them together into something that doesn't work.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I wonder if TWD will end its entire run on a cliffhanger lol. Like they just get canceled after this season or next without wrapping anything up. Seems like a very Walking Dead way to go out.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

spog posted:

I felt like that the first couple of times I watched the film.
After the third time, I wonder if they could have made a different movie, based on that ending and having a different beginning to match.

after the third time I would have wondered, "Why the gently caress did I watch Hancock three times?"

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Cis Lord posted:

Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith. I don't understand how this isn't always on the top of the list when this topic comes up. In my opinion, it had two underwhelming endings, even by my rather low expectations, that couldn't possibly have satisfied anyone in any way. It's over Anakin, I have the high ground and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It's :( bad.

Because the rest of the movie is as bum gently caress retarded and terrible as the ending was.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

CaptainSarcastic posted:

"Rock and Roll High School" is a cool movie where they do blow up the school.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Last Chance posted:

I wonder if TWD will end its entire run on a cliffhanger lol. Like they just get canceled after this season or next without wrapping anything up. Seems like a very Walking Dead way to go out.
That's how it should end because what other possible ending could there be? It's the loving zombie apocalypse.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Boiled Water posted:

Peter Jackson [...] is bad

ding ding ding

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Industrial Meat Package posted:

That's how it should end because what other possible ending could there be? It's the loving zombie apocalypse.

It's going to end with Rick waking up from his coma and hugging his wife and son, and then they adopt Daryl and have a big gay orgy

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Boiled Water posted:

On the other hand the hobbit was trash as well so I wonder if maybe it's just Peter Jackson who is bad if not given severe limitations.

The end of King Kong has the monkey get shot by planes, stare deeply into the woman's eyes like he is going to die, only to drag itself up to get shot by planes again. Then that sequence repeats. Over and over again, a dozen or more times. Like a record skipping. Adding a full 20+ minutes of monkey to woman deep eye contact to an already over long film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

nigga crab pollock posted:

i think they were trying to cargo cult shyamalan but didnt really get why his movies are good
To be fair, it's not like Shyamalan gets it either.

• Locked thread