Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Friends!

I have a Steam link and two controllers.
Recommend to be split screen games to play with my GF!
The more mindless explosions the better.

edit: What the hell. MGSV is not on sale :(

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We've already bled that baby dry but thanks :)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

Just picked up a steam controller and steam link on sale. Does the link work very well? I've got a nice new smart tv but somehow I just feel pretty skeptical that it can play games without massive latency.

I only notice latency in the first minute of booting it up. It's not perfect but if you have a very beefy machine to run it, I say get one. The controllers are weird but you'll get used to them.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Any thoughts on the new Hitman game series?
I loved all of them except for Absolution.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Justin_Brett posted:

What's the port of Dark Souls II like?

Just buy the Scholar of The First Sin edition and you'll be fine.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Xander77 posted:

Someone mentioned 5$ for DA: Inquisition? Not seeing it anywhere.

On Origin, not Steam.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Did the Dishonored 2 issues get ironed out?
There is no way I'm not buying it eventually.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ciaphas posted:

Is Vermintide a game where if you matchmake into a random game not really knowing the level back to front you'll get people roundly hosed off at you, a la Payday 2?

"hosed off" as in mad at you?
No.
Payday has a pretty toxic community and it's the reason I quit.
There are things in Vermintide that are optional but offer a big risk/reward. At lower levels it is not a huge deal. The higher up you go, you have to actually coordinate with people. If anything, just declare your love for bashing in skulls and everything will be cool.

Edit: I wasn't clear. It plays like L4D but mostly melee. Most people starting out are gonna panic and get confused. It's a feature and anyone that gets mad over it is a fuckin' dildo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lester Shy posted:

I've never played a Final Fantasy game, but I've always wanted to try FFX. Are the "Auto-save and 5 game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes" in the HD remaster enough to adjust the game to my modern sensibilities, or will I still have to grind?

FFX was the first one that really wanted the player to have fun. There are optional grinds but those are for insane people.
So any improvement over vanilla is just icing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Skinty McEdger posted:

It helps that FFX has a legitimately good battle system that is enjoyable to play. You don't really need to grind that much for the main game, but the secret superbosses all do require some grinding to take on.

ffx-2 is itself a really fun game. I'm seriously weighing up getting the pack just for that, but honestly I'm not sure I can justify the purchase this season.

FFX-2 has such a good battle system that I'm going to play it again. I finished it back when it first came out and only remember the opening hour or so (which kicks rear end).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RBX posted:

How do people feel about Necropolis?

I am also curious about this.

Mad Max for less than $7 is a steal. It's a little repetitive but it's gorgeous and fits the theme perfectly.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Dec 23, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rd Rash 1000cc posted:

Looks like Phantom Squad on twitter took credit for steam being down.

https://twitter.com/PhantomRaids

What the hell is the point of shutting down a service for video games? Like, go after a target that is doing some harm, maybe.

Wasn't it Lizard Squad that shut down PSN for two days?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Qvark posted:

It's not even in the same league. I'm fairly sure terrorist attacks were people die and a ddos attack on a gaming service have vastly different priorities for the CIA. Could be wrong though. Also, the worlds largest democracy is India.

I think the point was not that they are equitable but that they are both, "Assholes taking credit for something negative that they didn't do."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Awesome Welles posted:

So I'm thinking of getting Dark Souls 3. I loved the first one and Demon's Souls, but I could never finish DS2 because it just didn't grab me and I wasn't too big on the world design. Haven't had a chance to play Bloodborne.

Should I just say gently caress it and jump in with DS3?

DS3 is the best in the series so go for it!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am kicking myself for not buying MGSV earlier. I just got D-Dog and if anyone hurts him, I am killing the world.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

strategery posted:

Is the Binding of Issac thing coming out soon that supports steam workshop mods an expansion to afterbirth? Or is a seperate game?

It's an expansion of sorts. Ed says it should be soon but that may be in March.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Whale Cancer posted:

How is The Evil Within. Don't recall seeing anyone talk about it.

Don't.
Ir will make you hate yourself and every horror stealth game.

Edit:
The Division used to be bad but is now good.
Dying Light was always amazing but was released at the wrong time. Honestly, I had to put down DL for a while one I realized just how HUGE the game is. I'm going to play it again once I have more time free.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 26, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Daytime is all bout loving around and dropkicking fools into spikes.
Nighttime isn't about jump scares but Hoooo Boy it is tense.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Making choices is hard.

Shadow Warrior is most likely to get cut. Followed by Witcher 3 (despite all the praise, I find myself surprisingly apathetic towards it, in fact its only here because people gush about it so much). Honestly I've got reasons to cut them all. Maybe I should and just be fiscally responsible. :v:

That's a hard choice as I really dig all those games.
Witcher 3 will get you the most game but the combat system is still not great.
SW2 is a delightful eyegasm but it's pretty shallow.
Division is fun if you like modern shootymans. I personally would have liked it more if it leaned more into the sci-fi aspects.
Tomb Raider is excellent overall.
Dying Light, as we've all said, is REALLY loving good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I impulse bought Outcast because I loved the demo as a kid. The probability that I actually play it is very low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DrNutt posted:

Jesus Christ.
:wal:

Okay, I checked and it's not as old as I had remembered. Still, 1998 was ages ago.

• Locked thread