Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Reminder that if you're disappointed or leery of Streum On's Deathwing, their classic E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy routinely goes on sale nearly every Steam sale for $1.

I have previously described it as

Cantorsdust posted:

EYE Divine Cybermancy is a game I've described before as Deus Ex meets Warhammer 40K in a fever dream. Run around in your cyber-armor, use cool cybor abilities and implants, and kill guys with some satisfying weapons and good gunplay.

and

Cantorsdust posted:

EYE: Divine Cybermancy is best described as a Deus Ex fever dream set in a Warhammer 40K-like universe in the Source engine. You are a warrior monk for the organization EYE, a secret organization within the Secreta Secretorum, which is itself a secret organization within an interplanetary Federation. Wear power armor, wield giant hammers or enormous miniguns, and use psi-powers to hack and slash through a variety of monsters, gun-toting bandits and soldiers, and enemy warrior monks. This game has some of the best gunplay ever. The guns have real weight to them when you fire, each feels distinctive, and each have their uses. My typical loadout would have a solid-feeling AK style gun, a pistol that felt like a goddamn cannon going off in your hand, and an ENORMOUS loving warhammer. You start out relatively weak, but through research and grinding for money, you can buy all kinds of cybernetic upgrades. The levels themselves are well-designed and probably the largest of their kind in a Source-engine game. The whole thing is really well done gameplay wise. The story is weird as hell, and all the NPCs speak in a fake French ish language, so don't buy it for the story, maybe.

Cantorsdust fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Fun Times! posted:

Girlfriend gave me a $20 steam card so I picked up ABZU, Oceanhorn, LISA, and Dawn of Discovery. :) I've only played ABZU so far and it's chill as hell, how are my other picks? I know goons love LISA for the most part. How's Oceanhorn?

e. vvv I bought them each separately in case I wanted to refund anything. Hopefully I like it!

Dawn of Discovery (Anno 1404) is probably the best in the Anno series and super chill and good.

• Locked thread