Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TTerrible posted:

I can't believe they're going through with it after the reception end times and AOS got

people are gonna eat up the poo poo pile that will be age of Empror just like they ate up sigmar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Slimnoid posted:

Yeah, this. Nerds and writers (especially nerd writers) have this almost pathological urge to fill in every nook and cranny with detail, explaining everything they can so that their nerd-readers and nerd-fans and nerd-friends can spend a significant chunk of their life pouring over and memorizing everything. Anything that has a sense of mystery to it is anathema and must be stamped out because they have to know everything about the setting and lore, even if its irredeemably terrible.

D&D does this in several of its settings. Up until recently, Star Wars did this too. Star Trek probably does this but I know gently caress-all about their EU and with the weird limbo that series has been in who the gently caress knows anymore. Having a few key locations and the rest scribbled down as "here be dragons" is going to do more to excite the imagination than dozens of books dealing with source material, particularly in a miniatures game that tries to sell itself as "you can make your own army!"

this is one of the many problems Rouge Wan has

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

I'm actually glad X wing just had you use named pilots because if it was all generics with abilities, you can be damned sure that Luke Skywalker flew with at least 5000 pilot buddies in his short piloting stint as Rogue Leader.

what if I only fly with generic un-named pilots though?

:evilbuddy:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

No, GW is good now

and cool

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im gonna take 2 Emperors

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Slgmar is good and cool

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Who gave GW money?!?! fess up

it was Ghost Hand

he's single-handedly keeping gee dubs afloat

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Reportage!
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-4107598/Fantasy-games-miniatures-maker-Games-Workshop-sudden-sales-surge.html

I'm sure the company will unfreeze its employees salaries, hire some competent sculptors, ease up the abusive restrictions it places on independent stockists, expand its stores to include playing space, hire competent rules writers, begin playtesting its rules before release, lower prices on its most ridiculously expensive products, and restore the beloved setting that so many of its new license customers that bought Warhammer: Total War have just been introduced to.

Right?

you know personally I don't think theyre going to do any of those things Leperflesh

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Thirsty Dog posted:

I read the last 20 pages of the 40k thread and now my head hurts. At least I can now identify as a Death Threader who makes sculptors feel bad by not liking over engineered models, making me basically Hitler

I forgot how bad the 40k thread was

It's EXTREMELY bad

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
GW only makes good products friend

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Those models look like scrunt rear end

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

I can't figure out how to link to this besides someones tumblr page but drat, the Age of Sigmar movie looks awesome http://earlploddington.tumblr.com/post/155890005088/genderviscera-filenames-autoresolvewebm

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ojry25ycYl1reia5i_480.mp4

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
http://i.imgur.com/jtnREvA.mp4

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
poo poo I misspelled Slgmar

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The Skeleton King posted:

Good narrative forging you did there. Which ones are the bloodblood bloodbloods?

i'm the bloodblood bloodblood

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SuperKlaus posted:

hi death thread! i developed a positive opinion of the WH40k IP from the dawn of war games and that led me to enjoy the TCG Conquest but then GW split from FFG because ??? and welp!

i developed a positive opinion of the WHF IP from Vermintide and Total Warhammer and thought "perhaps i might enjoy other fine products in this line" but welp!

i've never purchased a warham mini and likely never will yet i am one of you. observe i even post without capitalization.

ew

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
faaaaaaaaaaaaart

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TTerrible posted:

That cannot be real. :staredog:

search your feelings

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
its not gay if the realities don't touch!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

DO IT TO IT posted:

The dude who told me wasnt joking, I know him well enough to know that. But hes the type to believe literally everything he reads on reddit, so.

It's impossible to tell the difference between joke and real names with GW sooooo...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Stoopkid Inferiors

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TKIY posted:

Imperial Knight trench runs might be the most GW thing ever.

did Knights just get their weapons arc hosed up for no reason or something?

i'm sleepy so not paying huge attention

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
byob thread is the skelly thread

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
tacticool harpoon gun is pretty rad

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

I found out I get mildly upset when people use the stupid aos names unironically

loving...

IKR!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Captain Rufus posted:

https://youtu.be/HKoEH2R9z90

I think we all know why Moola really doesn't give GW money. He Patreoned the first minute of this. There is no other explanation.

*skeleton shrieking*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm a Dark Eldar player. I'm totally fine with the leaks and models. I might even buy the Red Dude.

Not directly from GW of course, but I'm still Giving GW Money.

thank you for being brave and coming forward to us about your recent brain damage

your strength and courage is inspiring

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
*a single tear rolls down my skeleton cheek*

such courage!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
please don't put Aeldar in my-dumpster

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

Idk dude, I'm really enjoying my $12 Chicago express and even my $100 food chain magnate games, compared to the $100 tau mech I also bought. That continues to sit in the box unpainted while I get utility from working on these gundam figures that have an internal skeleton.

I nearly bought a gundam model last week

couldnt decide what to start with though; man they were such good value though!

Saint Drogo posted:

my only takeaway from this thread is that people who Give GW Money are much happier, in general :ohdear:

???

Iceclaw posted:

You said otherwise last night! :grin:

*blushes spookily*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I think I was looking at HG kits

very cool!

Are there any skeleton gundams?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I wanna get that skelly bot

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm gonna order a Crossbones HG tomorrow probably

*broods robotically*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

there's no mad scientist trying to take over the world with dinosaurs.

then whats the loving point!?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

gently caress Whitey posted:

Attack on Titan is bad

I like the animation but yeaaaaaaah

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i ordered a skulldam kit

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I went to a local import shoppe and asked the guy running it about ordering a gundarn and he was extremely weird

shall not go back there again

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i used anazon because it was cheaper and he was weird

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
my skelly bones adult figure model came today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

90s Cringe Rock posted:

This is completely insane. Warhammer is a brutal universe and wearing fur fits completely into the law of all the races that do it. Stop trying to cause trouble.

This is a world that is completely full of war where people will literally kill a whole planet, and they wouldn’t wear rare fur pelts to show riches? PETA get your priorities straight and deal with real animals.

This is a serious concern, and I thank you guys for bringing it up, but you may want to do your homework before you assume.
As there are no wolves on Fenris.

Lol, jfc. Getting offended by fake fur. A new level of idiocy for PETA.

You have absolutely no idea what youre talking about. Killing a wolf the size of a APC with your barehands takes skill. WWI was 20x worse than a cage. 40k is WWI but with actual demons that are the pure embodiments of Murder, Rape, and Disease. Or youre fighting hordes of monsters with acid blood that have consumed galaxies. Or youre fighting giant green monsters who live only for war. All these monster will dismember, rape, kill, enslave, or consume you in whatever order they want.

And nobody cares about your stupid screeching and nothing will ever change.

For a few seconds I didn't get these were FB posts

• Locked thread