Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Autism Sneaks posted:

I feel like GW going from bad to less bad has something to do with Trump, Brexit, and tons of famous people worth a drat dying off, like a weird monkey's paw causality

Wake me when they start selling bitz by piece again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nothing and no one is going to replace AOS on the IP suicide mountaintop.

They loving unfurled a giant statue and had a canned speech for their staff like a goddamned banana republic. They literally invalidated millions of dollars and hours of their fans investments as a complete loving surprise. When people complained they told them to pretend to ride a horse.

No one is ever topping that. There should be an OJ Simpson style TV drama about it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

Huh. GW just announced that anyone who bought a rulebook or codex within the leight weeks prior to the 8th edition announcement can show proof of purchase to customer service and get a voucher equal to the cost of the book

I did not see that coming

drat that is very New Games Workshop (tm)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think you and I had very different expectations of GW because this definitely exceeded mine

As a former kindergarten age teacher I should mention ~purely hypothetically~ even if your personal expectation for a particular child is "has she peed on me this week y/n?" You aren't supposed to grade 6 year olds on a curve.

Man, I don't miss it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just basecoated like 4 marine tanks and holy poo poo this is going to suck.i bought them in like 2010 and hadn't touched them in years.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sir Teabag posted:

Rolling 290 dice to accomplish something is the reason I stopped playing guard. Buckets of dice is actually quite a tedious affair for everyone involved. I wonder what they've done to speed this aspect of the game up, as one of the main selling points of the new edition is reducing the playing time by more than half (from 3.5 hours to 90 mins).

Yeah I'll buy it about 4 months after I see it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Re: obliterators, GW lobotomizing a popular unit to encourage people to buy a replacement is pretty much the only thing that's been guaranteed for each new edition/codex.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Maybe the people repressing innovation and new designs for millennia were... Right all along?

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 3, 2017

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god looooooool.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone pointed out it has an old style secondary gun for confirming windage that's balistic but the main gun is a beam weapon?

Imagine I put 40 thousand o's in between these two l l 's.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's why the IC podcast is so grating.

1 hour of content, 90 minutes of dithering about people who complain. Bonus "who moved the cheese" corp speak.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If that's the model with all the extra features added on and you have the ability not to take them it has the potential to look alright.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I vaguely remember these rules were supposed to be free?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Katanas look cool and since it's the 21st century that's all that matters.

• Locked thread