Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I wasn't reading the thread when that General's Handbook dropped. Any hilariously over or under costed points in there? Like a below average Orc character costing twice as much as a Chaos Lord?

I don't think that anyone in this thread would bother to pick it up. The players who actually play AoS are in the AoS thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Yeah but that thread is supposed to be a hugbox like the bad thread. Every few pages someone gets mad about the shitposting.

"Why do all the meanies get to make fun of my bad game!" *stomps the floor and gets to forge a narrative in the time-out corner*

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Not a viking posted:

So apparently Norway Masters 40k has a 56 page FAQ. Plus the official ones (16 pages for the rule book + codexes)

40K is a well designed and balanced game. Nothing to see here, move along Citizens.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Saint Drogo posted:

moisture farms lol

It's what I call my nuts.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Sven Bloodbowl,

a.k.a. the expat Swede who won't stop talking about his deadend league he started in the FLGS in 2006.

Seriously guys, hand in those result sheets for round 3 already.

Sven wants to set up for round 4, and John is moving out of town in like, three weeks.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Yeah they lost in court so hard it broke the sound barrier, so they kind of cooled down a notch.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

do they do GW piercings yet?

Only the entire Chaos range. Just jam those spikes through your nips.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Local peeps keep trying to get me into 40K. Smdh

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

If, in your hero phase, you flail haplessly with both arms at your opponent,

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Drone posted:

So what are they going to rename the Tau, since that's just a Greek letter?

Betas.

And then they'll get kicked around in every piece of fluff ever published.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

https://southernpaintinginc.wordpress.com/2017/01/20/conservatism-in-lore-how-much-can-we-truly-hold-on-to/

Guys, every change is for the better. Local 40Kers are cheering this fluffpiece. Sad!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Didn't Fantasy have some models/units that didn't make the jumps between editions? I can't think of any but could swear there were.

Like 1/3 of the O&G army from 4th to 6th.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

FrostyPox posted:

obliterating Fenris, destroying Biel-Tan, and the incarnation of the Laughing God

wait what?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Haha I never expected things to be so literally AoS 2.0

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

When I played 40K in the 90's Robot Goldboat was "that guy who was kind of a stickler to regulations and wrote a huge bunch of rules that the other Space Marines agreed to follow to a varying degree while making jerk-off motions and rolling their eyes behind his back, and wait he's kinda Roman looking I guess because it's literally the Marian Reforms but in Space Future".

Now he's "that guy who every space marine adores more than the Emperor himself, because some lovely recent GW writer had a real hard-on for Ultramarines and turned them from rules-lawyer party poopers to the best marines that every other marine wants to be".

It's so lovely that only GW could pull it off.

E: of course they're going to drag the Fallen into this mess and gently caress up their fluff to hell and back.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Wait when did ultramarines turn purple?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

mcjomar posted:

On a not-40k note, and also a not-giving-GW-Money note, what alternatives are there to the old Free Company/Militia box set that I could use to kitbash together a small force of Morheim Witch Hunters that I could use for either Mordheim or Frostgrave?
I'm comfortable with the idea of using GS to tweak, fix, or alter things, including the possibility of crafting those silly hats.

I've looked at the plastic kits for barbarians, soldiers, and cultists (the last doesn't strike me as having any truly useful parts for the task) for Frostgrave, but are there any other sources?
Or am I going to have to steal some 40k/ebay stuff after all?

I've already got a couple of left-over empire priests, and a reaper model for a Priestess of Shallya (awesome if you don't want permanent injuries on your warband - make sure to roll both a 1 and a 6 when rolling her first prayers!), so I just need the captain, hunters, and a ton of those zealot dudes (as the dogs and fanatics don't really strike me as useful by comparison).

Fireforge has some "GW proportioned" medieval plastics, and the upcoming early medieval Scandinavian box could also be suitable.

http://www.fireforge-games.com/webstore?productsublayout=0

THe Perry Miniatures WotR boxes can be used as well, but less suitable for wholesale parts swop with GW as they are more realistically proportioned.

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_62&products_id=2490

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 9, 2017

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Hamshot posted:

The troubles I had when I attempted to use a dice app was grognards suspicious about the app being rigged.

It's more likely that your decades-old pile of dice scrounged from various game boxes or with huge logos on one side are far from masterfully crafted for complete random results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

A few pages of the new Codex CSM were leaked, and even from those few pages, Obliterators firing once can result in up to 7 rolls of the dice.

GW, masters of sleek game design

• Locked thread