Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

please do not dwarfshame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Moola posted:

hahahaha

What's the gw repair kit

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

they'll probably unfreeze employee salaries at some point. That doesn't seem like something a company can sustain forever

I'm guessing you're european

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

so i went to go play warhammer with a friend of mine today (he's been out of the hobby for years and i'm trying to get him back in to a game he knows) and i watched a fistfight happen over age of sigmar in my store today

please do not play aos

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

How's the bad thread taking this? Are there any KoW players telling them to quit bitching and loudly yell about how excited they are to buy new models under the new ruleset?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

at least the fantasy people didn't have a step-by-step precedent on what was going to happen

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

The difference is that "eldar" in the Tolkien sense isn't strictly made-up. The man was a professional linguist who developed languages as a hobby and they were internally consistent and often had roots in real world languages.

~orruk goregrunta~

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

someone with a cockney accent is definitely just saying faction names with a bunch of peanut butter in their mouths while an intern is frantically googling them to see if they're ip protected

ogres - ogors
orcs - orruks
dwarven - duardin
eldar - aeldari

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Much like when serious gaylord photoshopped a big Fantasy model onto a round base to try and prove a point; there was precedent for it and there was no reason not to believe they were going to round bases, so his point was lost.

Serious Gaylord at least admitted he was wrong and joined the death thread after they evaporated brettonia

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

I found out I get mildly upset when people use the stupid aos names unironically

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

gently caress Whitey posted:

Is Mantic going to release models for Firefight

I think it's going to be really interesting to watch this. You might be able to tell how terrible age of the emperor is going to be based on how much they invest in their not 40k line

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

FrostyPox posted:

Apparently on GW's facebook they're insisting that what's going on in 40K right now isn't "The End Times". I dunno, mate, obliterating Fenris, destroying Biel-Tan, and the incarnation of the Laughing God sure seems pretty end-timesy. DIdn't Cadia also get destroyed or something in the first book?

Some gw promoter told serious Gaylord that they weren't squatting any armies to his face so take from that what you will

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

TKIY posted:

Speak of the devil, a tactics article on the AoS 3" bubble thing: https://aos-tactics.com/2017/02/21/zoning-area-denial/

I mean, I'm trying but:

**SIGH**

im sure getting rid of conga lines was poo poo out as a defense of AoS at least once lmao

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

LordAba posted:

Got to see the new Deathworld Forest box in the flesh and... holy poo poo is it bad. I thought it was just the images and paint job, but no.

what the hell are these things supposed to be

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

muggins posted:

I dunno if this has been posted but

is this the tzeentch thing? because maybe the point is to confuse what the gently caress is going on so much to trick yourself that you're actually playing a good game

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

im the codpiece

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Avenging Dentist posted:

I'm willing to give partial credit to whomever decided on the quintuple-barrelled shotgun, but that's the lone bright point in those miniatures.

lucky for you, you don't have to

that's pretty much an exact replica of an organ gun

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

panascope posted:

It's pretty obvious Games Workshop has totally turned things around. With 8th edition promising streamlining of 40k, the ongoing success of Age of Sigmar, and Forgeworld continuing to run out high quality releases every month, it's time to close the Death Thread imo.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Hixson posted:

Talk about death throes of dying thread. The last few pages are laughable; not a single serious counterpoint.

Some people literally can't handle when a company (that they've for some reason personally invested in its failure) is doing really well.

Heh, look at these slovenly idiots unable to comprehend my unassailable logic :smug:

*death thread continues to post possums and yell at each other about bones*

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Maybe all the GW threads can get moved to the literal racial ghetto in D&D that got made for *some reason*

They literally asked for a safe space if I remember right

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Allow me to demonstrate how nonchalant and uncaring I am by typing paragraphs at people for using the term "28mm" incorrectly

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

Can't wait until someone suggests how cool and awesome it is to lug around a full army list's worth of orcs in 40k 8e and have it be virus bombed on turn 1.

As someone who did this in fantasy (playing dwarfs and having an IF'd purple sun wipe out a third of my army in one turn), it is NOT very fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Hello, riff raff

I just saw a FB post about some kind of new skirmish game for AOS. A group of friends are looking at starting mordheim, which is a Bad Game. Is the skirmish game worse than mordheim?

• Locked thread