Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So Games Workshop is good and cool now, eh?

Everyone who posts in this thread agrees with this very premise. Good show, GW!

TKIY fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Warlord Games is also trying to take your hard earned GW monies. 2017 sneak peek:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I bought Calth. Well two of them. I am a poor judge of financial implications.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Cat Face Joe posted:

do this and come to the thread to discuss do not visit the official forums as they are as bad as gw

Out here a lot of Warmahorde players jumped to infinity which could explain that.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola I thought we had something special :(

I got Ettin to ok the thread anyhow.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

I love you and seasons greetings my friend!

Thank you Mr skeltal

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Autism Sneaks posted:

I wouldn't compare GW to an 800 pound gorilla; as 2016 has proven, the latter actually do die

:negative:

Dicks out.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Is it moral to give GW money if you get a gift voucher for Christmas? Asking for a friend...

GW has already been given money so I think you are clear?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I just ordered some Power Scythes from FW so I am setting a bad example. On Christmas no less.

I'm sorry, thread.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I bought both my kids a Gundam as a modeling gateway drug.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

Idk how easy they are to get in the states but I just got Bearguy P and Panda Guy gundams. There's also cat and dog guys which are also really cute and might be more interesting to (non-man)children.

Bearguy P is what I got my daughter :)

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
poo poo this thread has no opposums yet. Moola, do your drat job.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Thanks for making a new thread. A fresh start for a new year might be for the best anyway.

I was hoping you wouldn't mind.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Cat Face Joe posted:

lol if u feel any responsibility for the death thread

I feel deeply responsible...

...for giving GW money.

As for less bad GW I think they have improved but AoS is such a low point how could they be any worse?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

We asked the same thing after the Chapterhouse debacle with the subsequent renaming of imperial guard, then came AOS.

Point taken.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

A goon sent me the plastic High Elf chariot because I bitched so much about how awful the Mantic chariots are. :3:

Goonhams are generally pretty good people.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ZeroCount posted:

why would anyone spend money on Official GW Brand BloodGlue when regular old superglue is everywhere and probably cheaper?

Only one of those is made with the refreshing scent of Skullbreez(tm)

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

Just an fyi to the death thread goons, I'm going to spend the next 6 months painting up my scrunt army; will be about 150 varying scrunt infantry, 8 biker scrunts, 3 halftracks, 3 tanks, 6 gun platforms, 4 big scrunt walkers, and a couple of scrunt lords

:allears:

You are doing Gods work.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The current email refers to the 'Grand Army of the Imperium' and that language is straight out of AoS.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Right now the way they are releasing supplements and formation books it's already AoS level on that side of things.

If they do it right and put the points online with a frequent review of those points it could be a net positive assuming the ruleset doesn't get kicked it in brain stem with AIDS infected hobnail boots like AoS did.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

Possibly. It also would help if they checked how the books interacted and didn't write them in isolation.

This is no place for logic, son.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Age of the Emperor is in fulllllll swing. Posted the Cadia storyline in the 40k thread and there is no going back from this one.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

hahahahahaha

Laughing skeletally is always a good sign, right?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yeah they didn't even let the end times go for a while before crapping out AoS.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

what if I only fly with generic un-named pilots though?

:evilbuddy:

Some sort of skeleton crew?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Greyfax is one of us, one of us, one of us...

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I can't wait for the Age of the Emperor. I'm already trying to pick out what terrain piece I'll field as my whole force.

Here's my list:

Craters x 50

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

A lovely Reporter posted:

They seem to at least be trying in good faith to some extent now. The prices are still bullshit, and the rules are still cruddy, but they're apparently using the recent board games to gauge fan consumer reactions to possible changes to the main game. Using dice besides D6es and that sort of thing.

Plastic 30k is god drat meth on crack. They hit a goldmine with that, but they still have a chance to gently caress it all up if 8th comes out and makes 30k poo poo.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong because I know jack poo poo about 30k, but doesn't it effectively squat several really popular factions (Tau, Necrons, Tyranids) by virtue of them not really existing in the year 30,000?

Basically. It's Marines, Robits and proto-IG. If anything it gets rid of the cruft of 40k while keeping the flavour, and the marines (despite them all still being marines) have enough unique options and units that it's not bland to play marine on marine.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Thirsty Dog posted:

AeldariGW is a joke yes?

Yes.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yeah hard to get more WHFB than this:

Texmo posted:

Not too worried, since 40k isn't selling so incredibly poorly as to be worth destroying its' setting in favor of one which is much more popular and sells better than that which it replaced.

Stockholm isn't just a city in Sweden.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Zephro posted:

Vermintide is not mentioned in the OP as a good GW-licensed vidya game. I'm sure this is a simple oversight that will be quickly fixed

Yeah, sure, okay buddy.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, there is an AoS event coming up at WHW and they explicitly say that they are using an amazing new AoS exclusive GW-trademarked game mechanic...

Right from the event pack: "At this event, we will measure all distances between models using their bases as a reference point. This is commonly known as measuring “base-to-base”."

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
It's the 'Triumph and Treachery' event: https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-triumph-and-treachery/

And yes it's true. Also this blasphemes the name 'Triumph and Treachery' which was an absolute blast to play in 8th edition.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Imperial Knight trench runs might be the most GW thing ever.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

I just want to thunderload up troukks full of orruks and bloodram them. All sigday every sigday.

Let's get them all right.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Exactly like WHFB elves. Combine the faction, release a big centerpiece model kit.

Age of the Emperor is in full swing.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Its funny when the favorable comparison is warhammer but Infinity can feel basically impenetrable

Yeah I've tried to play it but it's very dense and your first couple of games are basically moving a guy, getting AROd to death, and repeating that process until you are out of dudes.

And don't get me loving started on camo/stealth models.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I bet it has a lot more to do with Calth, Prospero, Deathwatch and Genestealer Cults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Yeah that was me. Not a fun game.

• Locked thread