Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'm excited for 8th. Each edition I've played has been better than the previous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

When everyone realizes this thread doesn't exist it'll vanish in a poof of logic

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'm Six-Sigmar Certified to say: Games Workshop is good.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

The F A Girls anime has a scene where the main character is building a model kit and a tiny piece goes flying off. she looks for it everywhere but can't find it so she gives up but then when she stands up it falls out of a fold on her shorts

This is a high-action anime scene

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

call it Newcromunda please

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

As a Death thread regular who has posted here since the first page, I'd like to say that I play 30k, which is good.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Imagine posting anything other than unironic opinions in this or any other thread.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TKIY posted:

I like ME:A and think most of the criticisms are people just piling on.

The animations are not great. Fine. The game is good and the Multiplayer is top notch.

drat you got ownzored by bioware

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

There was no bone bleaching in Ghost in the Skull because the real problem is Scalpitalism.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Moola posted:

that video made me want to buy Deadzone

I looked for this product on the Games Workshop website and couldn't find it, is this a Forgeworld thing?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Geisladisk posted:

Can someone explain what the hell is going on in the third quote?

he peep a titty

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

How many people buy cars the day before the new models launch? Should they get a refund too? That they're offering some sort of refund just shows that Games Workshop is really striving to make the best game possible with a dedication to user experience.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

How many people buy the 2016 model of a car with no idea that there is going to be a 2017 model? How many car companies sell the 2016 model at full sticker price, one month before the 2017s come out?

Plenty of people buy new cars during the model year end closeouts, and dealerships rarely sell any car at full sticker price regardless of the calendar date.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Nothing is stopping you from playing 7th edition warham forever.

panascope fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 24, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

I didn't bring up cars, panascope did:

And then we have this gem:

Yes, you're right. Old obsolete rules systems have exactly the same value as brand new ones. The player base for an old game definitely continues to all keep playing that game even after a new edition comes out. A person's expectations when they decide to pay for a game are not ever at all based on the likelihood of finding opponents that want to play it.

I'm glad you agree :)

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Moola posted:

JUST SHUT UP YOU TWO AND gently caress ALREADY

JFC

What about us bby?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I don't care how cheap those elves are, they are shite and I would be ashamed to put them on a table. I certainly wouldn't waste even the tiniest fraction of my life painting them.

And that flyer is bland as gently caress. It has all the same design issues as the elves.

It's always funny when somebody posts the *~*Games Workshop Killer*~* and it looks like poo poo.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

These are what show up as custodes for me and it's what I expected when I heard GW was doing a custodes army:

There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your astartes, the titans, the prometheum, and the whole fleet, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway to the Eye of Terror. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Xarbala posted:

I just treat the death thread as a chat thread.

Actually, I kind of treat all threads like chat threads, if im being honest

Same

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

The plastic templates you win in x-wing events have about a 1-1.5mm leeway between the ship guides so the ships will start drifting over the course of the game even with precise measurement. The railroading system used to determine bumps also leaves a lot of room for ambiguity. I play it regardless but all war games should honestly be on hexes.

Squares are like objectively better than hexes.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

It's fun to make fun of bad fiction. I do it all the time with the star wars expanded universe. I always loved the GBS EU threads. I read the dumb things so I know how bad it was.

But in any case, I'm all pro-loving. Not every day you get to gently caress a cosmic horror. This, btw, is what we're talking about :

I want to be spitroasted by the floating brain.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Sorry ur suffering from digestive problems. Have u considered moving off of ur all-skull diet?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

rebate = refund
6x4 = 4x4

admitting the slightest error even when the error is inconsequential to your point: impossible

Imagine living like this

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

I only ever briefly interacted with the anime club in my first Uni, then I transferred and never joined the second one's club. In the first, I befriended a couple people and just watched anime with them outside of the club. So I can't say I have hilarious horror stories like some of you guys since I mostly knew of people's anime fandom through Facebook. The various martial arts clubs were more or less anime clubs anyway since we were all huge weebs. The MMA club in particular was very useful in figuring out the tier list of waifus since we'd schedule sparring matches to decide which one was superior and ~defend the honor of our waifus~. The stench for the impromptu anime fighting club was bad since we were after all rolling around wrestling and punching, so in the end we were no better than the other anime clubs.

goons.txt

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I always love when goons let just a little too much info about their personal lives come out. "Heh yeah I spent a few years physically fighting and jacking off other smelly guys so that we could determine which anime is best."

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah dude, or it could be a funnier way to describe a lame everyday activity. Was wondering if I'd ever get on that goons.txt twitter.

I fight people over which anime girl is best. This is an everyday activity.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

:cawg:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I can't believe Games Workshop died.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

You can play with your toys however you want :)

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Goons tried to warn me but my 1K rear end won't stop :gonk:

Let me carry you to 4K.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

While I haven't played Sigmar personally, like GW's other products I'm sure it's both Cool, and Good.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Serotonin posted:

My kids have both seen LOTR. :colbert:

Condolences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

drat, they've got me pegged.

• Locked thread