Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

gently caress Whitey posted:

It's just that you criticized it in the dumbest way possible

How big is your backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
haha what the gently caress is that?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That's good to know. Break the cycle, friend-o.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Loincloth covers the inevitable square rear end.

They're learning.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Cypher returning and drawing his sword that he never draws because of universe ending implications is also fine and good and definitely nothing like the end times.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Not everything GW produce is bad. Most of it is bad. All of it is overpriced.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
When "it's not worse than Nagash" is a defence of a mini, you've lost.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
GW just rereleased some of the sigmarine units with double the models but only a 25% price increase :captainpop:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Moola posted:

dang its a shame those models are bad

Any price that doesn't start with "-" is bad for sigmarines, but I'm surprsied at GW .. reducing prices?!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Apparently one of Rowntree's first big corporate decisions was "if we're offering bundles, there actually should be a saving to justify buying the bundle".

Gangs of Commorragh is like £80 of models for £35.

Where this goes wrong is that they're Dark Eldar, an army noone wants. The squad + transport bundles coming back is cool and good though.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They're going to have to do a lot to unfuck the reputation they've got over the last 20 years but if this train of good decisions keeps going they might be "ok" in a few years? I don't know really. Depends how all this end times DEFINITELY NOT END TIMES stuff in 40k and the resulting 8th edition shakes out.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Avenging Dentist posted:

Pinning is easy dawg. Sorry for your lots, etc etc

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That is a tiny rear end table for that size of game. It shouldn't be that crowded.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
GW saw the Nigmo jokes and thought Slambo was a good name for a kit.

Slambo sector.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TKIY posted:

Why is the AoS thread locked?

Your battle report full of alternative facts.

It's a great game. The greatest game. It's perfect.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Greenmarine is cool and good and I don' t think that'll be it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

That reply is being copy pasted to anyone who mentions the shirt. Good times.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Marines will be fine, I'm sure.

The latest Blood Angel codex disagrees.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Xarbala posted:

I feel like that's what you gotta do if you're gonna sell people on sigmos.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The best way to play AoS is by posting about it in this thread.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

Then your opponent probably gets easily amused by lolrandom monkey cheese bullshit*, which can be satisfied in an easier and more fulfilling manner by showing random 9gag or meme pages from your phone rather than a 2 hour setup+game with a dumb punchline. :)

*I know because I am that person. Show me some sweet memes instead of going through
the motions of playing bad games any day

Surprising lack of chill from chill la chill here :(

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Oh death thread what has happened to you. You've lost your edge.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

spectralent posted:

I mean, yeah, they're better, in that having a "start collecting" box is better than not having any entry point or that having a PR stream that's constantly full of jokes at the fandom's expense is better than remaining totally silent and firing plastic into the void every three weeks, but the lines as a whole are still massively overpriced and overdetailed and we're still in a state of genuine wonder, again, whether or not several armies are even going to exist next year when the current 40k metaplot is finished, which is insane given that exact thing just happened to Warhammer and was widely considered a Bad Move.

They've apparently learnt a lesson from AoS. If 8th Ed is going to be similar to the Not-necromunda game they're putting out atm then it'll be a great step forward. They're importing the (few) good parts of AoS and pulling some of the better bits of 2nd edition (armour modifiers, movement) back in too.

I don't like the prices or the new aesthetic (Guilliman is loving HORRENDOUS) but the rules and community engagement is working well I think. :shrug:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ilor posted:

I realize you're just trolling

What are you trying to say.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

I still am absolutely, completely baffled and amazed when I find people both on here and in the wild who think AoS is good. Like, I literally cannot fathom how you come to that conclusion, AoS is just so obviously and objectively bad as a game based on all the outstanding evidence I cannot see how there is any defence of it other than giant flaming letters spelling out SUNK COST FALLACY or a complete inability to distinguish between good and bad things.

I get it if AoS is the only game in town and you just want to play with plastic barbies, or if you like the aesthetics of the models (even though I disagree) despite the cost. Cool. People can like different games.

But people who straight up say "AoS is a good game and GW is a good company now" makes me feel like i'm talking to a pod person from Invasion of the Body Snatchers or something.

AoS is a horrendous abortion of a ruleset. Agreed.

EDIT: The one "good bit" of AoS I mentioned earlier was giving large creatures something like 10 wounds and they lose effectivenes as the wounds are lost. That's it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Atlas Hugged posted:

Guys, I am blown away by the fact that in a game, as a unit takes damage, it can be reduced in effectiveness. I think I am definitely going to trust my money with a company who has such groundbreaking ideas as that.

spectralent posted:

I'm pretty sure Hordes or Warmachine do this already, though (though I don't play either, so I can't be sure).

I didn't say it was groundbreaking or unique to AoS. I used it as an example of a positive change ported from AoS to 40k. :ssh:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

spectralent posted:

I dunno, I never found the "I'm saying a thing that dumb people believe for real, which is funny because I'm not actually one of the dumb people" gag really stupid because it relies on having opinions so well known that it's obviously a joke and most people aren't that popular. Like, you'd need to be Nixon saying how much he loves commies for it to not just come off as "Oh, this person actually has lovely opinions".

Is it worse to do this or to be the person continually replying to it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

I agree. Brothers, it is with deep regret that I've decided to withdraw my Great Company back to the Aett and submit to spiritual cleansing by the Wolf Priests after one too many losses. My stubborness in refusing allies, even ones which are approved by the Rout such as the Imperial Knights allied to Fenris, Imperial Guard regiments seeking glory alongside the Rout, even the beautiful and war worthy Celestine .....

.... sigh, sorry can't make a nice narrative out of this. Put it simply, I'm tired of 40K and my wolves and will retire from the scene until 8th edition. Since I started in 2014, I've only made use of Space Wolves, first the 6th Ed codex, then Champions of Fenris, then Curse of the Wulfen. I keep telling myself that I don't need to jump on the allied or multiple detachment to defeat Eldar, Tau, Necrons or even our supposedly subpar (at least until Traitors Legion supplement) enemies the Chaos Space Marines. Now though, it appears that no matter what I do, even if I am tactically sound which according to most of my opponents I am, I keep handing myself the smackdown by choosing to face SM/CSM with Imperial Knights allies, Ynnari, Cawl buffed Mechanicum, and heck, most recently, a simple formation of 4 daemon princes called Tetrachs.

4 Daemons (plus a small CAD of nurgle daemons). Smashed my entire force of 1500 wolves. Which had Wulfen, Iron Priest on wolf, even a Stormfang Gunship for anti-air which I was anticipating, though not 4 FMCs. And to round it off, a small Deathpack formation to be able to run and charge a TWC gang and a Thunderlord with shield an sword. rest of army was 3 Drop pods of MSU.

If that isn't depressing, I don't know what is. I've been tabled before and was able to laugh like mad, even to Tau. This one along with many others just left a very sour taste in my mouth. They didn't just bring a gun to a knife fight. They brought automatic weapons, a tank, an F22 raptor and a nuke as well.

Sorry mates, my wolf spirit has been quenched, along with my 40K spirit. That being said, I haven't written off the hobby entirely and have decided to focus on just assembly and painting at least for a few months before going back, hopefully just in time for 8th Edition. I still love the Vlka Fenryka. I have no intention of going vanilla or any other army. But it looks like I have to accept in my heart that for a long time now, the Wolves have not been able to stand up themselves, even after Curse of the Wulfen came out.

A Blood Angel friend of mine has suggested 30K as an alternative, which I've accepted and therefore will be focusing on painting ALL my Burning of Prospero figures into the 6th Legion. Get me into the painting groove and at the same time, it's almost like making a fresh new army without giving up my first love of the Vlka Fenryka.

Another alternative is to find a different FLGS for different meta.

I just wish I could forget about competitiveness and just play with whatever the heck I want, even Swiftclaws and Skyclaws. Sadly if i do that, I'm handing a big "SMASH ME" sign to my whole meta. The kind of meta who will never play mutilators, non flying hive tyrant Tyrannid swarms or assault marines beyond skyhammer formation.

Don't know why I'm posting this, I guess I'm hoping that what I feel is normal among some of you old timers especially between edition changes, or whether you guys have ever felt "tired" of your army before.

Until the next winter.

I actually am in the same boat as you. I started my wolves almost 30 years ago in the early 1990's believe it or not. I have thousands of points of well painted models. However over the last year, I see GW going in a direction I don't want to go and honestly I don't think they are ever going back. Models will keep getting bigger and more powerful. I don't see 40k ever going back to a strick codex system, which is how I always played. I enjoyed 40k when each codex had strengths and weaknesses, now every codex has evolved to have access to all types of units and can overcome any sort of weakness with allies, formations etc. People talk of 8th edition streamlining- I don't see that happening as one of the biggest bloats is all the formations which we see in AOS. Who cares if they lop off a few rules but then continue to add formation after formation with free rules to where you never know what your opponents list can do. Some folks have blamed your experiences on the gamers, I don't believe that to be true, if that were the case GW's recent moves to this system would have failed- I imagine in a few years you'll see 40k gamers bringing armies with multiple primarchs, mixed in with warmachines etc and the majority of folks will love it. That just isn't for me and seemingly for you either. I want my gaming experience to be focused on the marine, the backbone of the legion, yet those days are long gone. When marine 2.0 is heralded in, I would suspect you will still have rules for marine 1.0 but in an effort to sell 2.0, those rules will be far superior to 1.0.

As you can see I have wrestled with this issue for awhile. We can't magically make new gaming friends. We can't conjure new gaming stores, nor fold space and time so we can drive an hour each way to get a game of 40k in with folks that prefer the game the way that we do. However, I will say this, 30k is a system at least in the present that is geared much more towards legion fighting legion. Yes, you might have to deal with a knight or some op units, but in general I think 30k folks are more inclined to bring balanced lists if you ask them to. I have met and game with 2 great guys here on B and C and whenever we play, the armies are always fairly balanced and we have good games. So I have totally switched over to 30k and really have no plans to ever return to 40k because I just think it will be more like AOS in the long run. My only issue is I have thousands of points of units in 40k that cant be represented in the 30k arena, but for right now the guys I play with are just fine with me proxying my stuff as I gradually add more FW units. I may end up repainting the armor of some of my Grey Hunter squads to give them a more 30k look.

All in all, I empathize with you, I've be in the game probably far longer than most, its easy for some folks to simply say, if you don't like it leave, but when you have invested years of your life (in my case decades) and have thousands of dollars of models, and umpteen hours in modelling and painting, it isn't quite that easy. You develop a vested interest in the game and hope GW will remember that you supported them through thick and thin- unfortunately that's not the way it works. GW is going to market to the new crowd and we have to adapt to find a way to continue to play and have fun.

I am only hoping they keep 30k they way it is, do whatever they want to 40k now, blow it up, whatever, but keep the semi balance they have in 30k.

Phew- sorry for the long winded post brother, but just know there are many folks in your position, whether they are vocal about it or no.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Avenging Dentist posted:

i don't want to be overbearing and i certainly can't force someone to care for their own mental health via the internet but i would feel really awful if one of the 40k thread posters needed these resources and i didn't at least put them out there

http://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
http://hopeline.com/
http://www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Avenging Dentist posted:

that is a funny cat picture and I hope it makes someone smile during these trying times

thanks for caring, my friend!

We're all friends here in the death thread :glomp:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
ARE YOU SCARED YET MOTHERFUCKERS

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Turns out bad companies can change and do good things. If only the Death thread posters were so flexible.

REEEEE GW WILL ALWAYS BE BAD REEEEEEE

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Maximise grog/hr at all times.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

I suppose you may consider me one of those people who was resistant to the idea of the setting moving forward in terms of story. For a long time I have been committed to the idea that it is a setting and not a story, therefor not in need of advancement. It was two minutes to midnight for literally decades for a reason - the Imperium stood on the precipice of oblivion, a long road set in motion by the Horus Heresy. The setting itself, dystopian and grim, lent itself to countless stories, both hopeful and hopeless. The whole universe of 40k has revolved around the fortunes, fates and mishaps of the Imperium. For myself, the darkness was enticing.

But here we have something that challenges this ingrained attitude. New content, new developments, new story. Of course, I only speak as someone who is invested in the Imperium's side of the setting. My interest in Chaos is not as strong, but it still represents a major part of how things are in 40k. I care what either side is up to because they are both each other's worst enemy. Their destinies are intertwined.

The reawakening of Guilliman was a major and irrevocable change to the setting that was one of those things I, among others, felt apprehensive about (and had done, about the general concept of bringing back the loyalist primarchs, for years). Such a strong narrative shift will not only affect things within the game and the community, but would also set a precedent for the future. The way things were won't be how they are any more. I suppose it's an inevitability, really. Sooner or later, something had to change. Had to 'progress'. Not that I'm saying that I thought it was necessary, mark you. Except, you already know that by now.

So. The setting has moved on, albeit treading over ground already trodden... and yet not. But we won't go into that. What exactly is the point to resisting at this juncture? Stubbornness? Maybe. But let's get to the point. I have next to no influence on the setting*. I don't have the ear of any of the development team. I have no real way to conform universal canon to how I like it (and I shouldn't, with the exception of my own scribblings and personal 'head-canon'). The setting will move on with or without me. I can be the rock, immovable and largely unchanging, or I can be the water. Adapt to what I like (or tolerate), jettison what I don't.

So, Guilliman now walks again? Okay. Cadia is gone? That's a shame but... okay. Do I have to like all of the details? Not really - for instance, I ignore 90% of the Clan Raukaan supplement as canon (but there are still small parts that I can let lie). I can live with these changes decently enough.

It's not easy to dig yourself out of an entrenched position but the quote I have kept in my signature for years seems quite relevant right now...

TL;DR - The world will always move on. With you, or without you.

That's a big shitpost.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Can someone post the Pygmys currently for sale on GWs site.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Is someone going to say something soon.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Avenging Dentist posted:

we could talk about music it's been a while since i posted any good music youtubes

I'm still listening to Carpenter Brut

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm probably going to get dogpiled for doing this but it has gone on long enough.

:siren: ATTENTION DEATH THREAD POSTERS :siren:

For the past two days you have been arguing with posts blindly copy pasted from Bolter and Chainsword. Multiple people have tried to tell you this but you have willfully ignored it. Did you not wonder why the arguments were disjointed and contradictory?! What is wrong with you. Good loving god.

Who will be the first to post "hurr I was only pretending to be retarded"? Who will be first to bravely claim they knew all along? Will we have a puppetmaster?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

Perhaps the greater question to ask is why not a single person not in on the joke actually noticed?

Absolute blind rage at people posting something positive about GW without actually checking the posters history or applying any critical thought whatsoever? The drive to OWN THIS loving GW CHEERLEADING SHITSTAIN was completely overpowering.

Or something else. Who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

kingcom posted:

hurr i was only pretending to be retarded

I wish I'd made a bingo card.

• Locked thread