Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

1) Kumamiko - Awkward all around, terrible adaptation.
2) Bakuon - same
3) Izetta - I listened to people who said to stop watching after episode 3, so my impression is still favorable, and after it ended checked back to see if people at least thought it ended good and nope.

Dishonorable Mentions: Cheer Boys, Magical Girl Raising Project, Time Travel Girl

Avoided: Keijo!!!!!!!! - Tried one episode after hearing good reviews about the manga. I see what they were going for, but it just wasn't quite good enough to make up for such a ridiculous amount of ridiculous. I couldn't buy into the "they are self aware and playing it seriously LUL" angle. Still unsure if anyone actually enjoyed the anime adaptation or everyone is tripping over themselves to be the edgiest jokester.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Young man does a thing - premise of all Shounen

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Namtab posted:

Oh yeah I'm gonna need someone to count the votes on Jan 8th, when voting closes

I can.

I hope the poster that did those great radar graphs can do that again with the raw data.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Erg posted:

what radar graphs are you talking about btw?

Ah I found it, it was Fangz in my KyoAni voting thread who made statistical visualizations

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736714&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post449069132

e.g.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

mycot posted:

Something I always find interesting in these threads is that in order to really dislike something, you needed to have given it a chance. The "objective" worst of the year is probably always some cheap garbage that doesn't get pushed even by the company that made them, but nobody bothered with the 20 minutes a week it takes to keep up with lame anime either so they don't get votes.

I say this because I googled that bear show, and wow it really does look cute. :(

That's why there's a "most avoided" category, to see what got the most notoriety by word-of-mouth.

Preliminary vote count looks good so far. There's a nice battle for the top, especially if you combine the Top 3 and the Most Avoided votes together (as sort of a "this show got hype, people watched, then were most disgusted about it to convince others not to watch it" category).

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Berserk for being the biggest gulf of quality from Manga > Anime I have ever seen to the point where when I first saw it I thought it was a joke

And then I watched a bit and it was worse than I imagined

I'm pretty sure the animation in PS1 game cutscenes was better and this poo poo got a second season because it's Berserk

Actually yeah the original anime is pretty lovely too despite what people say, which makes this one even more disappointing somehow

the bar to clear was so low

I can't tell if this is a vote for Most Avoided or if you actually watched 3 episodes and rank it your #1

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Voting ends in two days! Results and raw data will be posted. I had to interpret some of your votes, such as figuring out what you actually watched, and what to do with series mentioned that weren't on the list.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

dogsicle posted:

toss them out, with great prejudice

On a few occasions the vote was "valid" but not found because of differences between your list and Namtab's list :/

Also, I can post the same raw data + final scores of the Best AotY thread too if you'd like, I was just keeping it personally out of curiosity.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Voting for Worst Anime of 2016 is over!

While it looked like Izetta: The Last Witch had a lock on 1st place, THREE other shows caught up making it a four-way battle...

1st: Kumamiko (20 votes)

2nd: Dimension W (18 votes)

T-3rd: Berserk (16 votes)

T-3rd: Izetta: The Last Witch (16 votes)

As for Most Avoided...there's a tie! It looked like Berserk would run away with the title, but Magical Girl Raising Project, while low on the Worst Vote, gained quite the notoriety based on concept and word-of-mouth alone!

edit: updated to include the end of the alphabet!

Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13_ubi-cfjVy_IHue1eKA5TZhzO7AtbxxMUR60r7ju-4

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 8, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Namtab posted:

For some reason acondana seems to have missed all 2 of the votes for Yuri on ice. That puts it as t-6th

omg the formulas didn't copy to the bottom of the new raw daya LOL mb!

Yuri on Ice got 3 avoided votes, so it's T-4th

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Namtab posted:

But anaconda, what happens if you count most avoided as additional votes in the main category?

I did this (Columns I and J), but at the last minute the results shaped out to be about the same, with Kumamiko on top. While voting was going on it used to have Berserk with a commanding lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

dogsicle audit:

dogsicle posted:

1. Cheer Boys!!

2. DAYS

3. Dagashi Kashi

Avoided:
First Love Monster

Yuri on Ice audit:

Mugticket posted:

I avoided Yuri!! on ice

DisDisDis posted:

Avoided Yuri on Ice